Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 31-01-2011, 09:30 AM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
So mum clearly still did have a bond with her body in order that she could still be with us despite the terrible damage the cancer had done.
And with the spirit world all but open to her she did not go.

Thus, initially at least, I think the spirit does have a bond to the body that has carried it so well for so long????

Hello Mike

I take the last part f this touch on.

I had an NDE while I did not SEE the full on tunnel or the full Light, I did see ME laying there I was above me body. I too was connected to that body still that "cord " had not broken from me.

What I saw was I best describe as " stars " like in the cartoons spinning around he head. When one gets hit over the head or the " angel" leaves them. Bugs Bunny comes to mind for a cartoon one might recall images from.

I know though I was GIVEN the choice in that moment to GO or STAY I know full well I controlled in that one. I remembered yelling out " I will NOT pass out " what I learned in a regression I yelled out " I will not DIE " and in I came again. I understand in that moment me heart that had stopped started to beat in me again. All happens in a matter of minutes.

Is it an attachement to the body on some levels YES I have to say it be that. Too though in remembering and taking to me Dad ( in Spirit ) he in life always said that when one's number is UP we go. There is no stopping that. One might have some near misses along the path BUT when its time we go. He had a massive cardiac event his first and last. I remember seeing him in the ER and him saying to GO HOME he would call. Well he called me at 2 30 AM on his way out. They kept working on him til they called the house at 5 AM to come there. His Spirit was gone before the body call was made by the Dr's.

At the time of his death I was an emotional wreck I had not had the time to process and understand how that worked and I was 25 and he was but 56. I was planninga wedding and it was hard.

It was his time to go. NO matter how much I wanted him to stay he was called to go. I get that now. We need to embrace that sadly at times one we so LOVe go and the time seems cruel but it be something more they have to complete over on the Light side. I know its hard. I feel that pain.

The Spirit is very much a part of ( I feel ) the physical body as it is the essece of whom one is. It is whom as a Medium I find that Spirit of someone that comes to me. They to very much come in the body they once had. NOT needing it in more than to maybe SHOW us a sign. Too maybe whom knows the Spirit might well need its essence to travel in.

With one's Mom, she had so much LOVe for life and for family she gave it her all to fight to stay. When her final time was up though she went in peace. LOVed one's are often around before one goes, to assure ye its OK to go one will be safe. One will have someone with them.

I have worked with the dying over the year's an often they tell me of someone being at the end of the bed and I see them there, brings great peace that.

I too was blessed once to give a friend a kiss from his wife ( whom was in Spirit) to him before his time came so he KNEW she was fine. I let her enter me and he knew well it was her as a man knows well his wife. We shared in a kiss with his Son there ( whom did not beleive in Medium's ) seeing MOM there over me. It was the most amazing day I think I have ever had. The Reverend of our Church said it was a blessing . He sadly passed I say him two days before he passed. He too had many a death event. Then finally his time was up.

Many many a time we wonder WHY and we fee bad that we lost somone but KNOW they are just in a different way to us is all.

LOVeing blessing Milke......

Lynn

as always Lynn bless you for your insights.

This thread sure has travelled about!
Old 31-01-2011, 09:57 AM
Master
The body is just a carcase, who cares what happens to it, when you go to the toilet do you worry what goes down the toilet ?.
Old 31-01-2011, 11:19 AM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
The body is just a carcase, who cares what happens to it, when you go to the toilet do you worry what goes down the toilet ?.

Sorry, I don't think it helps to compare my loved ones bodies with poo
Old 31-01-2011, 12:48 PM
earthprowler

The body or the "shell" is laid out for family and friends to say goodbye to one last time. So we can try to get past our own human grief.

I have been to a few funerals and showings since opening up and spirit does attend its own funeral, one woman I knew was not pleased they didn't bury her with her glasses , another man made his showing the "life of the party", when people were crying he started making the mike cut out during a song to the point everyone started laughing because they knew it was him along with several other things......and that's what he wanted, laughter, not tears. Last week I attended a showing of a life long family friend and as I looked at him, the thought occurred to me: why? why do we have to see a shell? why not a memorial? he was there in a side room along with quite a few other people watching the living mourn. How sad it must be for spirit. In the beginning they held wakes to make sure the person was truly dead, so they didn't wake up, now we hold wakes to comfort each other and remember them. Spirit will always be around if you need them. JMO without my ADD meds.
Does any of that make sense or am i just babbling????
Old 31-01-2011, 01:07 PM
HalfaMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthprowler
The body or the "shell" is laid out for family and friends to say goodbye to one last time. So we can try to get past our own human grief.

I have been to a few funerals and showings since opening up and spirit does attend its own funeral, one woman I knew was not pleased they didn't bury her with her glasses , another man made his showing the "life of the party", when people were crying he started making the mike cut out during a song to the point everyone started laughing because they knew it was him along with several other things......and that's what he wanted, laughter, not tears. Last week I attended a showing of a life long family friend and as I looked at him, the thought occurred to me: why? why do we have to see a shell? why not a memorial? he was there in a side room along with quite a few other people watching the living mourn. How sad it must be for spirit. In the beginning they held wakes to make sure the person was truly dead, so they didn't wake up, now we hold wakes to comfort each other and remember them. Spirit will always be around if you need them. JMO without my ADD meds.
Does any of that make sense or am i just babbling????

:-) that makes lots of sense! kind of how I imagined it to be.
Old 31-01-2011, 02:47 PM
mac

Folks are forgetting that Mike had been asking about what discarnates might feel about their disposal - we're continuing with what we personally feel, as incarnates.

Plainly the recently bereaved often feel deeply about the matter. Equally plainly much comfort may be derived from following the conventions of the society in which one lives.

And at times of bereavement even the deepest held of convictions about life and life-hereafter may be put to the test.
Old 31-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Folks are forgetting that Mike had been asking about what discarnates might feel about their disposal - we're continuing with what we personally feel, as incarnates.

Wouldn't it be interesting then, if a few mediums asked the question and shared the answers they receive from the other side ?

Of course, there might be as many different answers as are being posted here, different ideas from each to whom the question is asked ?

blessings,
Dream Angel

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 31-01-2011, 04:11 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Wouldn't it be interesting then, if a few mediums asked the question and shared the answers they receive from the other side ?

Of course, there might be as many different answers as are being posted here, different ideas from each to whom the question is asked ?

blessings,
Dream Angel

Would the answers now be any different from the answers which were received when evidential mediums actually did ask these questions? There is nothing new in the notion of asking those now passed-over what they see, feel, hear and think. It's been going on for many, many decades throughout the time when Modern Spiritualism (for one example) was at its most popular.

Of course why not do it again as there's nothing to be lost BUT where will you find the experienced mediums who can discuss with their discarnate contacts the things you ask about? Mediums are fewer and further between and the whole issue of what a medium actually is has been done almost to death without agreement.

Now I'd love to be proven wrong by mediums stepping forward to offer help with this situation. Then we'd have a contemporary outlook to add to the historical ones.
Old 31-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Deactivated Account

Thanks for your reply mac, my answers will be in blue to your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Would the answers now be any different from the answers which were received when evidential mediums actually did ask these questions?

Probably not, now that you mention it.

Of course why not do it again as there's nothing to be lost BUT where will you find the experienced mediums who can discuss with their discarnate contacts the things you ask about? Mediums are fewer and further between and the whole issue of what a medium actually is has been done almost to death without agreement.

I was just thinking if there are any mediums here who happen to read this thread, perhaps they might be interested in joining in, by asking a few of their contacts on the other side for some answers, or their opinions, thoughts on the question. If not, that is ok too.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 31-01-2011, 04:57 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
Thanks for your reply mac, my answers will be in blue to your questions.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

I appreciate your reply - I'd love to have our contemporary mediums ask questions of their spirit-side counterparts about matters of deep concern.

I contribute on several 'spooks' websites and have asked there if there are any mediums who could pose certain questions - of wide concern and application, not personal issues - to their contacts.

Without exception there hasn't been a single one who could undertake what seems to me a very simple exercise.

I take that as an indicator of the state of contemporary mediumship. And don't forget I'm a dyed-in-the-wool Spiritualist, not a detractor....