Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Welcome

Closed Thread

Old 24-10-2010, 04:25 AM
CiaranRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Hi CiaranRT, yes that's a nice way at looking at the situation, as there are a thousand ways at looking at it, I think you know what you are doing and thats all that really matters, but its not my way and thats ok also. I do like what you said about the crack of the whip, my way is the kick up the butt lol.

Well look mate, all I have learned tells me that enlightenment is a very real and highly specific phenomenon. Highly specific.

It's not magic, it's not mystical - that's just built up around it. It took me a long time to punch through that to the core.

But I did. And what I discovered was that it is absolutely, 100% real.

And because it is real, it is a highly specific kind of thing.

And I'm sorry, but it only appears to work one way.

You have to recognise that there is no you in any sense.

From that point on, you have the freedom to rebuild a new kind of life as the flow of being itself.

But - that is the gate.

As Meister Eckhart, the 13th century Christian mystic (not the 21st century cardigan wearing German) said, it is a narrow path that leads to a wide area.

Or something like that.

That narrow path, that gate - it the act of seeing, in real life, the actual falsehood of the idea of self.

And it is false. In every possible way.

Look - I've personally enlightened 29 people (one just today, my number's growing) in just over 3 months.

I've never heard of numbers like that. These people are real, you can contact them, talk to them - five of them have set up blogs of their own, and you can click off my blog (link in signature) and sound them out.

They're done. Like fully enlightened.

And yes - it is the start of a new journey, things don't end. And moreover, I applaud the feeling in everyone who's mentioned it that shies away from ending the voyage.

The voyage doesn't end.

But it does pass through a narrow point. It's like being at sea in the mediterranean. There's a lot of sea, and a lot of lands - but there's only one way into the clear blue ocean, and thence the whole world.

If you do not pass through the straits of Gibraltar, you never see the Atlantic.

Them's the dice. You can't argue that away, or hope that away or wish that away, or condemn that away. It's just the shape of the sea.

That's like this.

You have to see that in real life there is no you in any sense.

From then on, it's clear blue ocean.

Seriously, check it out. It's incredible.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:25 AM
CiaranRT

Quote:
There has never been one person on this planet that was Enlightened, there has been Enlightenment but by no one.

This is extremely profound.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:29 AM
CiaranRT

Dammit. I forgot the Suez Canal.

Forget the Suez Canal, people. If you forget the Suez Canal, the metaphor works.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:31 AM
Master
Hi CiaranRT you or no one can be Enlightened, that is you as your mind body, Enlightenment is you disappearing, you are like a cloud in the sky blocking the sun, until you are out of the way you will never see the sun, but also the sun was always there, thats Enlightenment.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiaranRT
This is extremely profound.
it is because you are trying to understand it with your mind, the mind will never get it.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:34 AM
CiaranRT

Quote:
it is because you are trying to understand it with your mind, the mind will never get it.

Yes it will. It's just not my mind.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes it will. It's just not my mind.
Then stop owning it, drop it.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:36 AM
CiaranRT

Quote:
Hi CiaranRT you or no one can be Enlightened, that is you as your mind body, Enlightenment is you disappearing, you are like a cloud in the sky blocking the sun, until you are out of the way you will never see the sun, but also the sun was always there, thats Enlightenment.

Look - it is technically true to say that 'no one can be enlightened'.

This is because there is 'no one'.

There are bodies, minds - but they're not ours. They're just bodies and minds.

And look - enlightenment is not you disappearing.

There was never a you.

Enlightenment is the recognition that there's nothing to transcend - there is no self. In real life. In any way.

See the truth of that in your own life just once, and you're done.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:37 AM
CiaranRT

Quote:
Then stop owning it, drop it.

I've seen that there is no-one to own it.

That means I don't need to drop it. It works now.
Old 24-10-2010, 04:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Look - it is technically true to say that 'no one can be enlightened'.

This is because there is 'no one'.

There are bodies, minds - but they're not ours. They're just bodies and minds.

And look - enlightenment is not you disappearing.

There was never a you.

Enlightenment is the recognition that there's nothing to transcend - there is no self. In real life. In any way.

See the truth of that in your own life just once, and you're done.
NOW you are speaking, this is all I have been trying to say.
Closed Thread