Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 28-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Knower
It just makes no sense to debate in Buddhism. How can you debate something entirely internal? How do you debate the teachings of peace? How do you debate the concept of good will?

It isn't like Christianity or Islam or something that has a hard scripture with points to defend and debate.
Old 28-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Master
Wonderfully said Alex, and so true.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23
It just makes no sense to debate in Buddhism. How can you debate something entirely internal? How do you debate the teachings of peace? How do you debate the concept of good will?

It isn't like Christianity or Islam or something that has a hard scripture with points to defend and debate.

Perhaps if you refering "debate" is to determine right over wrong , true over false YES , we cant debate on Buddhism because in my current understanding there is no right or wrong , true or false in Buddhism . Debate in Buddhism to me is joint exploration , discovering of own emotions , own understanding FOR LERNING purposes not to determine right or wrong .
Debate will push me to areas that I never been , push me to aware new awareness , push me into greater realization of my emotion by understanding others emotions ........debate challenge my emotion , debate makes me understand more ...so why cant we debate on understanding on Buddhism ?
Buddhism is to me anything and everthing so regardless what we do we are learning from it ..........Islam or Christian ofcause that cant be debated because that is religion , one have only 2 option believe it and follow or dont ........Buddhism to me is never , is not and will never be religion . So lets try debate perhaps we can learn from it , just give it a try ..........
Thks
CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 01:09 AM
Master
My debating days over Awareness is finished, I cannot now go backwards, I'm home.
Old 29-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex23

Buddhism to me is not "internal" or "external" , not limited to knowledge of anyone but is a process of own self discovering .

Buddhism to me is NOT a merely teaching of peace , not a teaching at all , not for any purposes , not created from a desire ...but to me Buddhism is a NATURAL process leading to decreasing of all emotions / desire .....peace is not the intention but just a side effect of the process not the intention of Buddhism ........there is no purpose of Buddhism , Buddhism is not a choice but is the only happening to all existence .......

In my current understanding , good will is not referral to Buddhism , not the intention of Buddhism but "good will" , " being kind" , "selfless act" is not by desire or intention in the concept of Buddhism but is a condition of being "less self" .

In Buddhism concept to my current understanding , if one doing "good deed" because of his "compassion" , love or base on his knowledge .........perhaps that still "taking longer / more suffering journey" because in Buddhism as long as one have desire , have intention , have love and acting base on his emotion , that is suffering ...that still taking longer journey into self liberation .
In Buddhism as what I currently understand , as one progress into greater realization of himself , his emotions such as desire , fear , greed , love , intention etc will naturally decreased , he will realized / accepted that all being is SAME and EQUAL ....he accepted he is same and equal to any human , animal , plant , micro-orgasm , dirt , metal , rock , rubbish etc ......he accepted that nothing belong to him nor family , material or even his body never owned by him .......he will accept no special love , he will treat anyone same and equal and good will , doing good deed is just a condition of himself NOT from his desire ...........so doing good deed will be his natural nature NOT his choice or emotion ...thats Buddhism in my current understanding .
Lets debate ....
Thks
CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 01:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
My debating days over Awareness is finished, I cannot now go backwards, I'm home.

Perhaps by having the emotion of " cannot" ...that is still lots of emotion / awareness to discover / experience .............and perhaps there is still a journey into emptiness .

Sorry in advance .
Thks
CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 02:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Perhaps by having the emotion of " cannot" ...that is still lots of emotion / awareness to discover / experience .............and perhaps there is still a journey into emptiness .

Sorry in advance .
Thks
CSEe
Nop, nothing, its the old mind that wants one to keep on the searching path, my mind now is tamed, unless it goes psychotic lol.
Old 29-07-2013, 02:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Nop, nothing, its the old mind that wants one to keep on the searching path, my mind now is tamed, unless it go psychotic lol.

Great , tamed is peace ....and peace is a reflection of greater realization on self and in-path into emptiness .......hope to learn more from you sir .
Thks
CSEe
Old 29-07-2013, 02:59 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
...its the old mind that wants one to keep on the searching path...

That's it. Exactly. When you reach your stop, get off the bus.
There is this small matter of being a living human, in a physical world, that needs to be taken into consideration.
A spiritual layabout is still a layabout :)
Old 29-07-2013, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Great , tamed is peace ....and peace is a reflection of greater realization on self and in-path into emptiness .......hope to learn more from you sir .
Thks
CSEe
No, I have nothing to teach you, I'll only take everything away from you and leave you with nothing, gee's I'm mean lol.