Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 23-03-2012, 05:25 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Hmmm. I don't know.
That is why I am here, asking these very questions, and trying to find answers.
I like you.
Old 23-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
We agree to disagree. So, lets move pass this differences and focus on the questions.

OK, and I hope you read my previous post, because I did tried to explain the difference between the two and the persons that encounter themselves in this scenario.
Old 23-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Yes, it does matter, maybe not in your situation.

I have been reading some new postings by new members and YES, it matters.

It matters to others who are desperately using the TF idea as the reason to leave their family (small children) or to destroy their marriage or to have a tawdry affair and/or to break hearts of others around them.

This TF idea maybe an interesting twist to some of us and actually explains some misteries of our minds.
However, to some, it is a "reason" to validate their wrongs and to jeopardize the lives around them.
So, YES IT MATTERS, BIG TIME.

Nada, let it go, set it free, don't fret it.

I used to hang on to mental concepts like there was no tomorrow. I was ready to fight for my beliefs but my TF has taught me that there is peace when you don't fight and resist but let it go, let it all go and accept what is. It is liberating and frees up energies for love.
Old 23-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Master
Comparing what people experience in a twin flame relationship to serious and debilitating mental illnesses such as schizophrenia doesn't make sense to me at all... Despite that I find this to be disrespectful to anyone suffering from a disorder like this, I don't see any similarities. In my twin flame experience, yes of course there are the obsessive thoughts, but in a true twin flame relationship these thoughts aren't fueled by anger, resentment, anxiety, jealousy etc. but are nonattached. When I think of my twin flame, I only feel love and the deep hope that he is truly happy. Reuniting with him catalyzed a complete spiritual awakening and transformation for me; I went from being someone who was quite lost, sad, lonely to someone full of love and peace constantly. He has reconnected me with my true self, my soul, and with him or apart from him, I am now whole. Yes, there is the longing and sadness that comes from being separated from him, but a true twin flame connection only lifts you up (paradoxically often by causing you a lot of hardship, this provides for so much growth) and never brings you down in the long run. I've never heard of a mental illness that does this... I know at the beginning stages of my spiritual awakening I really did often think the connection was just one sided and that I was really going "crazy" so I certainly can understand that feeling. But our soul never thinks we are going crazy; I personally think the feeling of going crazy is our ego desperately trying to reject and then rationalize our transformation from ego-consciousness to soul-consciousness. Anyways, this is just my experience, but point is - twin flame relationships bring you love, light, and always catalyze a spiritual awakening no matter what happens. A mental illness does none of these things.
Old 23-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Master
Also, just to clarify, I am just sharing my own experience so you can compare mine and yours which hopefully gives you some insight into your situation. If your possible twin flame relationship has only caused you pain and is only causing him pain than maybe it is just an obsession or something else. Good luck!
Old 23-03-2012, 05:46 PM
Ascender

Good post, Bluebird!
I think it's our minds that try to make sense of this connection when really, why are we even trying to make sense of it, spinning in circles and going round and round? I stop myself when I find my mind is going there since I truly believe the answer lies in accepting what is.

I don't have the need to explain and rationalize everything in my mind anymore, and again, another lesson my TF taught me. It brings such a huge sense of freedom, of going with the flow and feeling connected to source. just trusting in what is, trusting in my soul, the universe, spirit, source. This is what ultimately helped me to get out of the suffering and victim role. I just love the connection I have with my TF and feel gratitude towards him and spirit for having brought us together. It's the greatest gift there is, and I won't question why, I just accept it and am at deep peace with it.

So the question of whether we are mental or not is not the right question for me to ask. If you ask it, it shows that you haven't accepted the connection yet and that you are resisting your experience. Also, how would the answer yes or no change your experience? To me it wouldn't make a difference one way or another, but then again, I wouldn't even ask myself the question.
Old 23-03-2012, 06:00 PM
sesheta

To DulcePoetica

Again, I agree it is his responsibility to deal with his reaction to any of my negativity that creeps in, as it is 100% my job to clear myself of whatever poison I feel when he decides he hates having me around all the time.

I can so totally relate to that right now!! I agree whole-heartedly :)
Old 23-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Master
Thanks Quest :) that is so wonderful! And I totally agree with your last point. But once you accept that this is a evolution of the soul and a soul connection then (at least for me) with this realization comes the FEAR. And this is a whole different animal to tackle. I am still trying to get to where you are, "just trusting in what is, trusting in my soul." I'm getting there though!
Old 23-03-2012, 11:02 PM
lennonsdoll

also on the point on mental illness and limerance, limerance is usually based on more of a sexual attraction and longing. this differs from the TF experience (in my eyes, at least) in that the TF experience is usually not sexual in nature. i would be lying if i said i wasn't attracted to my SC in that way, but the way i feel isn't an obsession to be with him in a sexual way. i can't really explain it. just to be around him, next to him would be enough. it's almost like i'm more attracted to the energy than the actual person. when i would sit or stand next to him, i could feel the energy and vibration between us. as if that were enough for me. my soul's energy craves his soul's energy. interesting to think about.
Old 23-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonsdoll
also on the point on mental illness and limerance, limerance is usually based on more of a sexual attraction and longing. this differs from the TF experience (in my eyes, at least) in that the TF experience is usually not sexual in nature. i would be lying if i said i wasn't attracted to my SC in that way, but the way i feel isn't an obsession to be with him in a sexual way. i can't really explain it. just to be around him, next to him would be enough. it's almost like i'm more attracted to the energy than the actual person. when i would sit or stand next to him, i could feel the energy and vibration between us. as if that were enough for me. my soul's energy craves his soul's energy. interesting to think about.
This is interesting.
But do you think that it is because you are female. We want "intimacy (cuddle is good example)" rather than "sexual contact"
For male, it may be different.?? I don't know.