Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 31-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Mattie- Love is many things

Awesome photos!
Old 31-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Humm

Whaaa...??

Tzujanli said: No, darkness is all there is.. it is all that has ever been, or will be.. at night, or in the darkest places, trun out the light and darkness is always present, silently and patiently waiting to be revealed.. it is necessary to manufacture Light, but darkness is the natural state of the Cosmos.. Light is temporary and dependent upon an external force for its existence, 'Darkness' is ever-present..

I'm afraid Tzu you are woefully uninformed of some very basic science. You can read about Blackbody Radiation here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_body_radiation

Basically what it says is that if there is ANY present energy (temperature above absolute zero) all matter emits detectable energy, even something which is considered otherwise completely dark.

Just because you find yourself in the dark doesn't mean it is - and surely you don't think your darkness defines the cosmos!?!
Old 31-12-2011, 04:18 PM
Master
is this a friendly Love thread ? ... Oh Happy 2012

:)
Old 31-12-2011, 04:32 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
is this a friendly Love thread ? ... Oh Happy 2012

Just as friendly as it can be Smiler.

New Year's eve here - has the world ended yet over there??
Old 31-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Humm

TzuJanLi said: Peace is not "desirable to all".. and, there is no consensus about 'good'.. the strife and oppression and abuse and needless suffering of humanity is irrefutable evidence of this.

I disagree with this. I see the history of the strife and oppression and abuse and needless suffering as proof of Man's selfishness. In his shortsightedness he is constantly seeking to ensure his personal peace, which the individual ego tries to do through the control of everything around him (or her).

Every organism is born with an innate 'highest expression' - the tiny seed that flowers into a beautiful, healthy, prolific rose bush, etc.. Actions and conditions that enable a creatures highest expression are 'good', by definition.

Man is unique in his peculiar ability to conceptualize and comprehend. This gives him the tools and ability to discern not only his own highest expression - which gains an extra dimension because of his unique abilities - but also to discern and understand a Higher expression - one in which the 'expression' of all of Creation is respected and even nurtured. Thus, he learns that taking care of each other, and the earth, is also taking care of himself. Peace IS desirable by all. Peace is the greater good.

This is love in action - and love is why this is so.
Old 31-12-2011, 04:37 PM
Master
No Not yet Humm but Ive had a few drinks ( well Im drunk I think ?? ) I may have missed it lol

lol lol

Old 31-12-2011, 04:45 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
I had the same impression. It was well thought out and a knowledgeable, intellectual OP.
But didn't feel love in it. The fundamentals of love- wouldn't that be love itself? Discussing and analyzing what love is is fine. But that's all it is.
Love doesn't concern itself with such matters.
Hi Lisa: If "Love is all the is", how is it that it "doesn't concern itself with such matters."? Why wouldn't you be interested in the anatomy of 'Love'? i mean you seem to know what it concerns itself with, surely you can contribute how it is that that you know this, yes? I have seen you post that "Love is all there is", how is it that you can't "feel the love in it"?

Be well..
Old 31-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
No Not yet Humm but Ive had a few drinks ( well Im drunk I think ?? ) I may have missed it lol

lol lol

Let's hope we all miss it!
Old 31-12-2011, 05:52 PM
Lisa

Quote:

TzuJanLi- Greetings..

Hi Lisa: If "Love is all the is",

Hi Tzu- how 'bout we stick with what we've talked about here?

"Love does not concern itself with such matters" referring to the op and the title
question, "What IS love?" Love does not concern itself with thought about itself.
Or questions about itself.

Quote:
how is it that it "doesn't concern itself with such matters."?

Love does not have concern in it. It is not separate from itself to where it can concern itself about itself. It IS Itself.

It is only the human mind that concerns itself with these thought about love, and a host of other things. As the human mind thinks it is separate from- and therefore can address these concepts.

Quote:
Why wouldn't you be interested in the anatomy of 'Love'?

Why would I be when I can Love instead?
Why would I examine the playground when I can play?

It's alright to do so, to examine the monkey bars, and it may fulfill an interest,
but it will not teach you anything about playing.

It is the mind that is interested in the facets of the swing.
But if one wants to know about swinging, they swing.

Quote:

i mean you seem to know what it concerns itself with,

That seems like a jab, if so that's fine.
Love does not concern itself with anything.
It IS Itself.

The recognition that there is no separation, looking into the eyes of another and there is no other, there is but One, is love. Love most sublime.

Love is just a word.
But what love is is so indescribable, so precious, so sacred- that to even broach the subject of what it is and question it, is like watching a butterfly be pinned so as to examine it. Ghastly. It is like taking a baby and disregarding the baby- in efforts to figure out its anatomy.
"What IS a baby?"

Love is like a baby. Or a very young child with wide open and innocent eyes.

A divine child that one kneels to- effortlessly and without thought.

If you want to know what love is- look deep within yourself. Feel your heart, your guts, the core of your Being. Look at an acorn. Feel the bark of a tree. Listen to a cardinal. Be still and your question will be answered.

All the thoughts in the world will not give you the answer.

But Oh what a fine distraction.

Quote:

surely you can contribute how it is that that you know this, yes?

Dying and dying.

Quote:

I have seen you post that "Love is all there is", how is it that you can't "feel the love in it"?

When one recognizes that there is no separation, and One is all there is, that One is Love.

I don't know what brought you to that last question,
but I feel love.
Old 31-12-2011, 06:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Why would I be when I can Love instead?
Why would I examine the playground when I can play?

It's alright to do so, to examine the monkey bars, and it may fulfill an interest,
but it will not teach you anything about playing.

It is the mind that is interested in the facets of the swing.
But if one wants to know about swinging, they swing.

Honestly, I'm not picking ~ well, I' m not picking ON you, Lisa. I just want to pick your brain a bit myself, if that's okay...

A mother's love would say, oh the playground must be examined to be sure it's as safe as it appears. The equipment could be in need of repair, there could be glass in the sand and other dangerous stuff. Is love also protection or protectiveness by a mother? Or is that a separate thing? A kid won't know to check the area out first unless he's a little older of a kid. I think this idea of love being everything is a choice naturally. And I don't think that for example, Tzu or myself would think that we are loveless, cold, spock-like creatures, either, to be driven to scrutinize this 4-letter word, love, and see what really makes it and/or us tick. Thank you.

Closed Thread