Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 30-07-2023, 05:47 AM
Pathfinder

It does sound quite lovely. Of course a mother would want to come back as a dog to show love for her daughter. It's a nice thought, whether it's true or false. Your mother still being by your side with love and loyalty.

Me? I want to get the hell out of dodge. Make me a shark so I can be far far away from the humans and eat whoever comes near. Lol.
Old 30-07-2023, 09:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEmbers
This entire thread and forum is mostly a bunch of opinions since nobody has really proven that the soul exists. Biology is an observed science, easier to find facts there. I'm not personally discounting the existence of soul, I just am of the opinion that it is inseparable from all living and organic, vibrating atoms of matter, including bacteria, fungus and viruses... and everything else.

'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' explains exactly the processes which lead to be born again as an animal - only the tendency of 'new age' philosophers to reject the understanding of 'wholeness' implicit in the desire of cherry-picking avoids the reality.

Death needs to be approached in a state or condition of awareness in order to avoid the consequences of wrong choices.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 30-07-2023, 12:47 PM
Master

Yes I have to agree with Busby.
Old 30-07-2023, 06:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
'The Tibetan Book of the Dead' explains exactly the processes which lead to be born again as an animal - only the tendency of 'new age' philosophers to reject the understanding of 'wholeness' implicit in the desire of cherry-picking avoids the reality.
This presumes that whatever is described in The Tibetan Book of the Dead is accurate. Maybe it is just another set of beliefs.

Peace
Old 30-07-2023, 07:07 PM
Administrator
Have to agree with iamthat

Namaste
Old 31-07-2023, 09:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
This presumes that whatever is described in The Tibetan Book of the Dead is accurate. Maybe it is just another set of beliefs.

Peace

Obviously.

The same argument is valid for the Bible, Koran, in fact for everything.

All beliefs have changed over the years. If for some reason the old cap ceases to fit just throw it out and replace it with a more modern one. The Church (as an institution) is particularly bedeviled in this move to more fashionable tenets - I don't need to list them here, we all know them.

However I gave the TBotD as an example, not as a sign of any belief of mine.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 31-07-2023, 09:45 AM
Master

Yep just because it’s written somewhere doesn’t make it the truth. I agree.

But, when I read the Tibetan Book of the Dead it seemed to make more sense to me than any of the other religions. So I guess I’ll run with that until I experience something for myself that differs.

Isn’t that all we can do?
Old 31-07-2023, 12:50 PM
Master
Srila Prabhpada lived the life instructed by the Vedas and gave a bona fide translation of them, he is an accepted guru in the line of succession, all his works (more than Shakespeare) have stood up to scrutiny , you can more or less google most subjects and there will be a letter/lecture or passage on it, there were many translations of the bagavad-Gita into English but only his is the accepted Bona fide one, fake Gurus of the Iskcon cult have altered some of the books for their own ends, but the original ones are still published.

Like other bona fide scriptures his translations have stood the tests of time, like some bible parables and Jesus's own words, (those people who altered the scripture for their own ends will likely suffer for it)

Lets take this example below for Vedic stuff, Now there are some questions I would like to ask re changes Srila Prabhupada brought in , I have done that already in the correct setting, eg in a class taken by a devotee. It is very awkward to discuss with non devotees who see contradictions where there are none. So I think that is the best way, whether you are Christian, Muslim , Jewish or whatever---seek out an expert, a devotee of the texts/master and put the questions you have to him/her.

https://groups.google.com/g/istagosthi/c/UMxN7DJJx4w

Not that "So many hundreds of thousands of years have passed away. Therefore I will give you a new formula." No. There is no new formula.
Old 08-09-2023, 10:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby

Death needs to be approached in a state or condition of awareness in order to avoid the consequences of wrong choices.

That seems too puritan to me
Hehe... we all end up dead in the end, the consequences of wrong doing are learning from mistakes and trying again (in life). I'd label majority of mistakes as opportunities or feedback but I have strong Aries energy and its all about mis steps and re-steps for me. The Cosmic child they call us Fire folk, I am not a massive fan of punishing children for mistakes, maybe in the case of them getting eaten by a crocodile, i might passionately intervene. modern psychology would suggest that mistakes are merely opportunities for growth or opportunities for deeper awareness.
Surely it would be the same in the case of reincarnation.

I don't really like the condemnation of any religion or system of beliefs.

It's not language I'm particularly fond of... it feels quite outdated to me.

Awareness... yes.
My issue is not with "thou shall reap what they sew" in terms of natural cause and effect... it is where some religions and ideas superseed additional fear and punishment to the equation.

I'm off my soapbox now hehe.
Old 08-09-2023, 06:23 PM
Seeker

Sometimes humans reincarnate as animals, more like personal experience.