Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 11-09-2022, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Sure, if you view everything but the divine as bad/as a negative.
Who said that? Just cuz it is something that 'appears to be' ...
does not make it bad or negative.
Just because Krishna is blissful and eternal, so more wise a choice of focus, doesn't mean Maya is bad.

Re this: Everything is an illusion except the Divine (essence / being / power etc)
In Bhagvad Gītā , Lord Kṛṣṇa says that the illusion (Mayā) is nothing but his own creation
and only by surrendering to Him helps us get rid of this Mayā.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-09-2022, 09:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Who said that?
No one said that, that is why I started the sentence with If.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:11 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
This is only true if you believe in the opposite of good/positive, which is the bad/negative, which most people do. Negate the bad/negative and you negate the effect, as there is only the good/positive.
If you believe in one, the other is attached at the hip. Can't have good without bad. Can't have bad without good. Wear a form, wear the chain. Play the tune, pay the piper. It's really as simple as that.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
If you believe in one, the other is attached at the hip. Can't have good without bad. Can't have bad without good. Wear a form, wear the chain. Play the tune, pay the piper. It's really as simple as that.
That is dualistic thinking. There are no opposites when one is not separate from the other. The subject is not separate from the object

What makes it exist and true for you in your the imagination of your mind is you believing in you believing in one, the other is attached at the hip. Sure you can have the good without the bad. Just because most people imagine the same thing does not mean that what they imagine is not the imagination
Old 12-09-2022, 11:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
It doesn't really matter on one hand if the chair is made up of empty space or not . The vibration slowed down to facilitate the construction of a chair is what counts and what reflects a 3rd dimensional space.
All of these people must not wear any clothes as clothes are unreal, an illusion etc, as are their naked bodies. All these people will say but this and but that, however there are no buts. All of their buts should be unreal/illusions too.
Old 12-09-2022, 11:58 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
That is dualistic thinking.
All thinking is dualistic. LOL! That's why I'm discounting it and all its products (name, form & usage) as not real. That is the heart of non-dualism. There's a deeper truth beyond name, form & usage.

You are trying to pick and choose, clinging to what you like and pushing away what you don't like. That's all a product of Ahamkara, the ego-self, the false self. As I said you cannot have one without the other. Cling to the good and sure enough the bad will stick also, no matter how hard you try, and that is suffering.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Quote:
All of these people must not wear any clothes as clothes are unreal, an illusion etc,...
That's silly, and I feel was said to mock, me in particular.
When in Rome ... we are here, we have been conforming and adapting to this environment
we found ourselves in since birth.

I also have faith I am protected ..but I still lock my car door.
That's what you do here on earth.

Rem the scene in The Matrix? Cypher - I know this steak isn't real ....bites into the steak with a smile.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 12-09-2022, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
All thinking is dualistic
Now, if that is true, thinking about and posting about brahman/atman/ahamkara will also be dualistic.
Old 12-09-2022, 12:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I also have faith I am protected ..but I still lock my car door.
That's what you do here on earth.
But why? If it is unreal, just an illusion, a dream etc, there is no need for you to lock you car door and for you to be protected. This is the type of but, I am talking about.

The truth is, you live in fear and you seek safety and comfort with a divine/god in your mind. This divine/god that you imagine in your mind is imaginary. I will not make many friends with that statement, but oh well! Someone needs to say it, instead of beating around the bush.

You feel wrongly about me. That is your projection, not my intention
Old 12-09-2022, 12:22 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Now, if that is true, thinking about and posting about brahman/atman/ahamkara will also be dualistic.
Of course it is, but as Miss H pointed out it's where we're at and what we have. Call it The Divine Play of Consciousness. We can play the character and still know we are actually the actor.