Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 19-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Master
QUOTE 48 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I think the pyramid is creating many of our ills.
This pyramid of pompous superiority has indeed created many of our ills and has contributed to the maltreatment of animals.
Old 19-03-2022, 02:06 PM
Master

Passover

Definitely we leave everything when we passover. But more important than that is where we land after pass over for many including me.
Old 19-03-2022, 07:45 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
This pyramid of pompous superiority has indeed created many of our ills and has contributed to the maltreatment of animals.
A genuine question for you (not motivated by any desire to simply be argumentative ):

Ignoring the animal, vegetable and mineral kingdoms, would you consider that there is a hierarchical pyramid of consciousness within the human kingdom?

I ask because you have frequently mentioned spending time with various teachers. While these teachers may be interesting personalities, are you drawn to them because they might have states of consciousness which are beyond the human norm?

Or would you say that every human being has the same level of consciousness, in which case why regard another person as a spiritual teacher?

(Yes, we may all be one Being, but I am asking about states of consciousness as spiritual attainment.)

Peace
Old 19-03-2022, 10:30 PM
Master
QUOTE 53 EXCERPT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
... would you consider that there is a hierarchical pyramid of consciousness within the human kingdom?

I ask because you have frequently mentioned spending time with various teachers. While these teachers may be interesting personalities, are you drawn to them because they might have states of consciousness which are beyond the human norm?

(Yes, we may all be one Being, but I am asking about states of consciousness as spiritual attainment.)

Your question is good but curiously worded. Nonetheless, I have a sense of where you are going. There is indeed a hierarchy in consciousness but NOT in the way your question is worded with obvious implications.

Just as there is a difference in the level of consciousness between ALL dream objects (regardless of whether the form is human or animal or otherwise) and a dreamer in a lucid dream, so there are other "levels" of consciousness both vertically and horizontally with all of them being interconnected.

The Yoga Vashistha talks about this explicitly as "time within time within time". It also talks about parallel universes in consciousness. I can easily navigate the level of consciousness in a lucid dream. That is one level that virtually anyone CAN navigate though most cannot due to lack of practice. My teacher was clearly capable of navigating the next level of consciousness (also mislabeled as the "waking state" ) PRIVATELY (certainly not to entertain what I call the "circus crowd") in ways such as remote viewing and so on. Everyone gets glimpses of that to at least some degree. She also indicated that she could not sustain that continuously at the next level.

As for your question about various humans (or entities in general) having different "states of consciousness as spiritual attainment", all I can say is that the various entities have various phenomenon obscuring their clear vision. Hence, one tends to gravitate towards those with the clearest vision of the Reality regardless of whether they are humans or Ramana Maharshi's cow Lakshmi or otherwise. Some people obviously have more "housekeeping" or cleaning/purification to do than others so that they do can see more clearly.
Old 20-03-2022, 08:26 AM
Master
Categories and structures are man made. And the more removed from the wilderness the more complex it gets. This is why the major religions are so different from what was before (and is here and there still out there).

In 'native'/'pagan'/'shamanic' faiths and practices there are hybrid human-animal deities, animal deities and great spirits, sacred plants, etc. That plant can be the god, that animal can be the guide. It all connects with one another, working like a natural ecosystem which only appears hierarchical to a human trying to structure things.
Old 20-03-2022, 01:48 PM
Master
QUOTE 55 EXCERPT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Categories and structures are man made. And the more removed from the wilderness the more complex it gets.
I agree that categories and structures are generally man-made in an attempt to express the inexpressible (at best) and an attempt to control/harm (at its worst).

However, there do seem to be "levels" (for lack of a better word) in consciousness as I mentioned in my Post#54. I'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about that.
Old 20-03-2022, 02:03 PM
asearcher

I think everything reincarnates one way or another as energy never dies, just transforms.
Old 21-03-2022, 01:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by asearcher
I think everything reincarnates one way or another as energy never dies, just transforms.

Good point!
Old 21-03-2022, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidasCloud
Any species of animal that exhibits homosexual behavior in its members reincarnates, and certain elephants happens to exhibit homosexuality behaviors, so elephants do reincarnate.
Are you saying that elephants visit gay bars?
Old 22-03-2022, 07:15 PM
Master

Quote:
*Deleted*
Perhaps more seriously, whenever I am presented with some new idea my first response is to ask myself whether this idea actually makes sense.
And unfortunately the above posting makes no sense to me.

Peace

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 22-03-2022 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Deleted the post, I see you commented on, sorry :)