Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 27-03-2022, 11:54 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Very interesting experience. Thanks for sharing.

Have you looked at history for information on other 'strange' experiences?

As for 'Mediumship', it is sometimes looked at as something that happens only in Modern Day Spiritualism. Have you look at other belief systems that mimic Mediumship and the techniques they use?

Thanks Big John yes I have looked into the practice of Shamanism where spirit comes through and the shaman may talk in tongues or go into a trance, I have also looked into the ESSENES teachings and methods, plus the Rosicrucians society plus the Theosophy movement which i joined decades ago. Plus the teachings of the master Ranana Maharshi, and the journey in SAMADHI which i have experienced a few times. Also HINDU teachings and SHIVA. It is wise i feel to have a broad outlet to inquire within,
regards michael
Old 27-03-2022, 11:59 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
As added as a caution in a different field: "Past results are no guarantee of future performance."

Your focus changed three decades ago and those who were working with you at that time have presumably moved away. Had you not made the choices you did a different outcome might have been the result.

Perhaps it's not so easy for potential spirit collabarators to work with you now the way your earlier ones could?

You could be right about that bobjob but I will persist and see what prevails I have plenty of spare time now being retired so I have nothing to lose and might even gain something by the way.

regards michael.
Old 28-03-2022, 12:33 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
For myself it was effortless I don't have to think about it,.....
That's how it once was for Michael K but after he went in a very different direction his former mediumship attributes seem not - he tells us - to have remained with him.

It's an interesting question whether former 'abilities' will return given the right circumstances but one thing is for certain. He won't work as a medium again - of whatever 'flavour' - without the involvement of spirit contacts/helpers.

As for transfiguration who knows but until he's again working with regular spirit helpers it's pretty unlikely in my view.
Old 28-03-2022, 12:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael K.
You could be right about that bobjob but I will persist and see what prevails I have plenty of spare time now being retired so I have nothing to lose and might even gain something by the way.
I hope you do persist because there always appears to be a dearth of good, experienced mediums to serve the spirit.

For you it will be different from others hoping to develop into becoming mediums because you used to be one but baby steps for a time may be needed until you settle into a once-familiar role. Presumably that was one of evidential mediumship?

There's absolutely no need - of course - to align yourself with the Spiritualist church - mediums don't need any such link but churches do provide a setting for seekers of evidence of survival and/or healing. Both may be of interest to you.
Old 28-03-2022, 03:09 AM
Master
Michael K.,
before Modern Day Spiritualism existed............

One person that interested me was Andrew Jackson Davis who became a Medium as a teenager. This was before modern day Spiritualism came on the scene. He was considered illiterate but became a Medical Doctor. It appears he could go into trances almost instantly.

I suspect if you study him and some of the people before him, you might get to 'see' how easy it is. There have been some groups/religions in the past who learned and passed on those 'secrets'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 28-03-2022 at 06:19 AM.
Old 28-03-2022, 11:41 PM
Ascender

One method I used which I felt intuitively was right when i was involved in mediumship back in the seventies and early eighties was to ask the person who wanted to see what phenomena would arise was just to look right through me as though I was not there, just look right through me into the wall. When they did this i would feel the energy rising and a high pitched tone would ring in my ears, then various phenomena would arise.
On one occasion when a Canadian Science professor who became my friend through a mutual fellowship we both went to, told me he did not believe in a Spirit Being God, so as we were in his home having coffee with his wife in bed,I asked Reg if he would like to try an experiment, which he said ok, I asked him to look right through me at the wall behind me as let us see what happens,he agreed, and we started, Reg looked right through me at the wall, the energy built up and i could see liquid golden light flowing down my shoulders and beginning to flow across the floor towards Reg, his eyes were wide open and so was his mouth, as soon as this liquid golden light touched REG's feet he jump up and begin shaking very badly, I rushed over and instictively held his feet until he calmed dowm, I asked him what did he think of the experiment? To which he said that now I know there is a HIGHER power in this universe, he also said that at one point i completely vanished from the room. We kept in touch when he went back to Canada,
regards michael.
Old 29-03-2022, 12:23 AM
Master
In some belief systems, in the past and in the present, such gifts were many times attriuted to the gifts of Spirit.

Your gift seemed very unique. Did you actually come up with that on your own?

I use to be able to look at people and I would see their 'bones' very similar to an x-ray.

As for transfigurations..... I have seen that done to others numerous times. I do not know if that ever happened to me.

I like studying the "ends and outs" of Modern Day Spiritualism. At first, the Mediums were Rapping Mediums and very soon, people began developing other ways of expressing Mediumship. Many of those ways, if not all of those ways, are today not considered Mediumship y some, but I look at them as Mediumship and part of something greater. As I mentioned before, In Christianity, it is called gift of Spirit whereas in other religions, 'it' goes by other names.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 29-03-2022, 01:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Phenomenalism isn't mediumship and tells no-one anything of the simple truth of survival beyond corporeal death; surely THE most important aspect of mediumship with spirit healing coming a close second.

My preference is for the simple things in life with psychic phenomena having little value and no interest for me. Some are more like party games than serious spiritual activity.
Old 29-03-2022, 02:26 AM
Master
I thought this thread was about Mediumship ...... not Modern Day Spiritualism, but nevertheless, would you say the first Mediums, under the umbrella of Modern Day Spiritualism who were involved in rappings, were they really rapping Mediums?

Would you also say that the 'gifts of Spirit' mimics Mediumship in many ways?

If you look at the first book that apparently was written about Mediumship after Modern Day Spiritualism began, would you say that was about Mediumship or was it mislabeled and should it have been relabeled something like ....... Phenomenalism?

Old 29-03-2022, 05:19 AM
Deactivated Account
SNU

In SNU churches or centres in the UK demonstrations of mediumship are given to show evidence of survival beyond death. Mediums may also offer healing. [Independent Spiritualist and Christian Spiritualist Churches may have different policies.]

In SNU churches mediums are expected to be able to give an address from the platform explaining Spiritualist philosophy along with demonstrating their particular form of mediumship.

Evidential mediums are typically clairaudient and/or clairvoyant but trance mediums may also be seen. Physical mediumship is less likely to be seen.