Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 14-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequena Estrela
But why is this necessary to kiss a few frogs first? What if we don't like kissing frogs? Frogs are wet and slimy. Not just the animal sort, but the human sort too. I've never kissed a frog. Do I have to kiss a few of them to find my prince?
Thing is also this - according to this theory, kissing a few frogs might get us the prince in the end. We know that. But do the frogs know that...? Lol...

True, of course none of us are perfect, and indeed, being with the right person means getting accepted with all our imperfections, we are human after all, not a doll or robot.
Hi... The wrong people in the past, the ones that did not serve the true beauty of you were the slimy frogs!!!! But before I get all the gentlemen on here telling me off, I have to say, I was the slimy "frogess" to some men in the past too. It works both ways.
Old 14-05-2020, 11:50 AM
Deactivated Account

The notion that first we have to experience the bad to know the good is just a way we humans try and make sense of our past traumas, it's not necessarily correct nor does it have any real sense. The truth is sometimes bad things happen whether it's our fault or not, and then we learn from those things so as not to have the same experience twice in future. It doesn't mean we had to experience the bad first to find the good, it just means we were unfortunate and learned that we didn't want to experience that kind of bad again. It's good to have a shift on perspective regarding the platitudes we tell ourselves on the spiritual journey. Because often they are rather subtly disempowering.
Old 15-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... The wrong people in the past, the ones that did not serve the true beauty of you were the slimy frogs!!!! But before I get all the gentlemen on here telling me off, I have to say, I was the slimy "frogess" to some men in the past too. It works both ways.

Indeed they didn't appreciate us, they were the frogs and so they disappeared eventually. But I know many happy couples where neither of them had to kiss a frog first. They just found each other, or were introduced to each other.

I've never kissed a frog. I always saw that they were frogs before even kissing them. So I left them behind. Once you know someone is a frog - no point kissing him, he ain't gonna turn into a prince. One a frog - always a frog.

I'd rather stand with God
And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 15-05-2020, 12:55 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Indeed they didn't appreciate us, they were the frogs and so they disappeared eventually. But I know many happy couples where neither of them had to kiss a frog first. They just found each other, or were introduced to each other.

I've never kissed a frog. I always saw that they were frogs before even kissing them. So I left them behind. Once you know someone is a frog - no point kissing him, he ain't gonna turn into a prince. One a frog - always a frog.
I suppose it is like anything in life. In order to experience to good , you first have to experience the bad. And when I say "bad" I don't mean bad as in the others were necessarily bad people, just wrong for us. A bad relationship teaches us to appreciate a good one. All part of learning. Lucky the ones that found their life partner , true love at early age or first experience. We learn... We grow.
Old 15-05-2020, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
I suppose it is like anything in life. In order to experience to good , you first have to experience the bad. And when I say "bad" I don't mean bad as in the others were necessarily bad people, just wrong for us. A bad relationship teaches us to appreciate a good one. All part of learning. Lucky the ones that found their life partner , true love at early age or first experience. We learn... We grow.

But what does one learn from having a bad relationship? Anyone who's been in an abusive relationship will tell you that they've learned nothing, that they have had to struggle to get out, that they barely got away with their life, often lost everything else, some have lost children in the battle between the former partners. People are left traumatized, scared, needing years to recover. Some experience so much abuse they don't even survive. What's to learn from all this? Or take me as an example, I get out or get chased away before it even comes to a relationship - yes at least I haven't been abused by these guys but I've reached adulthood and never even been kissed! Yup, not once, nothing, nada, forget it! Frog or prince, not once! I been left on the shelf, not even been dusted down!

Maybe I'm lucky in the respect that I see what someone is like and get out whilst I can, but that doesn't get me a nice partner either.

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 15-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Elfin

Quote:
But what does one learn from having a bad relationship? Anyone who's been in an abusive relationship will tell you that they've learned nothing, that they have had to struggle to get out, that they barely got away with their life, often lost everything else, some have lost children in the battle between the former partners. People are left traumatized, scared, needing years to recover. Some experience so much abuse they don't even survive. What's to learn from all this? Or take me as an example, I get out or get chased away before it even comes to a relationship - yes at least I haven't been abused by these guys but I've reached adulthood and never even been kissed! Yup, not once, nothing, nada, forget it! Frog or prince, not once! I been left on the shelf, not even been dusted down!

Maybe I'm lucky in the respect that I see what someone is like and get out whilst I can, but that doesn't get me a nice partner either.
Ahhh dear little star. Yes... Am going to declare to the whole forum , here and now , that I was the ugly duckling. No- one would come anywhere near me. I was a bit of a "joke". One day my younger brothers best friend told me I was beautiful. I was age 11. But I wasn't beautiful. Looking back even I could see I wouldn't be attractive to the opposite sex . Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder through human eyes. But the soul, through spiritual eyes , is always beautiful.
Old 15-05-2020, 03:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
Ahhh dear little star. Yes... Am going to declare to the whole forum , here and now , that I was the ugly duckling. No- one would come anywhere near me. I was a bit of a "joke". One day my younger brothers best friend told me I was beautiful. I was age 11. But I wasn't beautiful. Looking back even I could see I wouldn't be attractive to the opposite sex . Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder through human eyes. But the soul, through spiritual eyes , is always beautiful.

A beautiful statement! Yes indeed, the soul is beautiful - because those of us who don't run around hurting others, actually got a soul. Those that run others down, don't have one, hence they try to destroy ours.

I was the joke too as a young teenager. I got bullied at school, the girls were all running around with boys and I got overlooked by boys, ridiculed and mocked. But - the girls that were giving themselves away like some cheap street walkers, they are without doubt used up now, no one will ever look at them. They are most likely lying in the corner, drunk and making do with what they can get now. I know how it goes. I was overlooked - but I didn't lower myself to their level. I now get noticed by men, because I'm not used up. I get told that I look like a movie star. I doubt that the girls from way back then, who are most likely aged beyond their years by now, get told something like that. I've kept myself clean, and if I do ever meet Mr Right then he will know that no one else has ever touched me, that no ex is going to come out of the woodwork, that no one else has ever seen what should only be for the eyes of a husband.

And if I stay on the shelf, never even being dusted down - then at least I know I haven't given myself away cheaply. No frog for me, lol! Keep the frogs in the pond, or wherever frogs are.

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 15-05-2020, 03:37 PM
Elfin

Quote:
A beautiful statement! Yes indeed, the soul is beautiful - because those of us who don't run around hurting others, actually got a soul. Those that run others down, don't have one, hence they try to destroy ours.

I was the joke too as a young teenager. I got bullied at school, the girls were all running around with boys and I got overlooked by boys, ridiculed and mocked. But - the girls that were giving themselves away like some cheap street walkers, they are without doubt used up now, no one will ever look at them. They are most likely lying in the corner, drunk and making do with what they can get now. I know how it goes. I was overlooked - but I didn't lower myself to their level. I now get noticed by men, because I'm not used up. I get told that I look like a movie star. I doubt that the girls from way back then, who are most likely aged beyond their years by now, get told something like that. I've kept myself clean, and if I do ever meet Mr Right then he will know that no one else has ever touched me, that no ex is going to come out of the woodwork, that no one else has ever seen what should only be for the eyes of a husband.

And if I stay on the shelf, never even being dusted down - then at least I know I haven't given myself away cheaply. No frog for me, lol! Keep the frogs in the pond, or wherever frogs are.
You really are a little darling. It is a shame that I am not attracted to same sex , for I would surely fall in love with the beauty of you. Mr right ( frog or not !,) Will be out there , as we speak, seeking for you. But please note, I absolutly need to be on the wedding list!!! ... See the beauty within yourself, and others will too... x
Old 15-05-2020, 03:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Cat

Quote:
You really are a little darling. It is a shame that I am not attracted to same sex , for I would surely fall in love with the beauty of you. Mr right ( frog or not !,) Will be out there , as we speak, seeking for you. But please note, I absolutly need to be on the wedding list!!! ... See the beauty within yourself, and others will too... x

Oh that's so sweet, thank you. Of course you'll be on the wedding list - I just hope there'll be a wedding before I draw my pension, LOL.

There might be someone looking for me but it seems the man in question is as blind as a bat because he hasn't found me yet, and those that had found me were too blind to see what they could have had.

Spiritual blindness is indeed a curse, let's be glad we are not afflicted by it. xx

And be judged by men
Than stand with men
And be judged by God
Old 19-05-2020, 11:07 AM
Elfin

Little Star. Little Angel. There will be a wedding!