Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 05-07-2019, 03:43 PM
Deactivated Account
I am not devoted to any beliefs, but facts. Therefore, I am always right (if not nine times out of ten) so I don't feel the need to be defensive about it. Simply put, I prefer logic and reason beyond any superstitious stuff unless I can see it with my own eyes.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
... as when 'cop' types who get carried away by their 'need' to 'know' many a time go after and convict the wrong person - as well as persist in thinking and pro-claiming there are right (or 'correct') even when they are presented with contradictory information because of their own ego-investment!
Speaking of 'need' to 'know' (that is, the 'need' to be sure!) - any kind of 'need' is a 'prison' sentence(r) cuz it turns the 'needy' person into a 'slave' (addict?) who'll do anything to get that 'need' fulfilled.

The truth (which sets people 'free'), however, as presented in the 2nd capter of my treatise, is that:

"Those who ‘see’ what’s happening in this light will know that they as well as others don’t really ‘need’ to grasp for or hold onto anyone or anything in order to become and continue to experience being completely happy (that is, fully Love and Joy related) souls, and that there’s no really compelling ‘reason’ for them to ‘lament’ the worldly destruction, loss or inaccessibility of anyone or anything either, not to the point where they are completely unhappy at least. They will live knowing that they ever-continue to be munificently ‘gifted’ by, and, though there may of course be momentary lapses in this regard as a result of their experiencing physical and/or emotional pain, generally be very appreciative of and feel enormous gratitude for being included in, Life’s ever-ongoing Love and Joy Flow Process, and so whole-mind-n-heart-edly engage in generous sharing and unabashed celebration thereof no matter what!"

[Footnote:
* “My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”*(Mark*15:34) was Jesus’ quite understandable ‘cry’ stemming therefrom!]
Old 05-07-2019, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
I am not devoted to any beliefs, but facts. Therefore, I am always right (if not nine times out of ten) so I don't feel the need to be defensive about it. Simply put, I prefer logic and reason beyond any superstitious stuff unless I can see it with my own eyes.
HiHo Kill-Joy!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...at-you-believe
Old 05-07-2019, 04:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Except I never saw God, angels and demons when I still believed in them.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:24 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Are you perhaps devoted to believing that your facts are in fact, facts.
Sir Isaac Newton was, and still is, sufficiently right far more often than nine out of ten times. Yet it was that tenth time that Einstein focused in on to find a far deeper understanding of what is real and what is truth.
You can not see anything with your own eyes. You can ever only see that illusion of reality that your mind creates based on the firing or not firing of the neurons of the optic and other sensory nerves. A digitally created virtual world, not necessarily created to reflect logic, reason, or reality. A world that only needs to be good enough, to efficiently and expeditiously help you make decisions to find you way and avoid danger, more often than not, for the majority of the organisms in the gene pool. For that, it doesn't even need to be right nine out of ten times. Some can be sacrificed to the truth as long as there is enough left over to perpetuate the species.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Are you perhaps devoted to believing that your facts are in fact, facts.
Sir Isaac Newton was, and still is, sufficiently right far more often than nine out of ten times. Yet it was that tenth time that Einstein focused in on to find a far deeper understanding of what is real and what is truth.
You can not see anything with your own eyes. You can ever only see that illusion of reality that your mind creates based on the firing or not firing of the neurons of the optic and other sensory nerves. A digitally created virtual world, not necessarily created to reflect logic, reason, or reality. A world that only needs to be good enough, to efficiently and expeditiously help you make decisions to find you way and avoid danger, more often than not, for the majority of the organisms in the gene pool. For that, it doesn't even need to be right nine out of ten times. Some can be sacrificed to the truth as long as there is enough left over to perpetuate the species.

Not 'my' facts, but universal facts. Like the undeniable fact that gravity keeps the celestial bodies in check, rather than a godly entity from a far away throne.

But, you're saying that our current concept of reality is merely an illusion and that there's a lot more things that we can't see? If so, what exactly?
Old 05-07-2019, 07:03 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Not 'my' facts, but universal facts. Like the undeniable fact that gravity keeps the celestial bodies in check, rather than a godly entity from a far away throne.
But, you're saying that our current concept of reality is merely an illusion and that there's a lot more things that we can't see? If so, what exactly?

How does one know the universality of a fact unless one can hold the entire universe, conscious of all its facts, in one's mind, in the one eternal present moment? If not, then we can only know they are our facts, from our point of view, in our present moment. Facts are small things, small enough to fit inside our human minds, the universe is very large.

Who says that gravity is undeniable? Gravity does not keep the celestial bodies in check, the celestial bodies warp the fabric of spacetime, turning straight paths into curves. Paths we cannot see with our eyes or even grasp with our four dimensional minds. Gravity is just a left over word we have retained to explain the motions of the masses as they continue to move along paths that to them appear as straight lines, but to us as curves. The moon travels along through spacetime quite sure of the "fact" that the big blue ball keeps going around it, while the big blue ball keeps saying the moon is going round it. Q:Who has the facts? A:They both do. Q:Whose facts are right? A:They both are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YycAzdtUIko&vl=en
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6...ctive-reality/

Quote:
“The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.”
― Niels Bohr

“...the opposite of every truth is just as true! That is to say, any truth can only be expressed and put into words when it is one-sided. Everything that can be thought with the mind and said with words is one-sided, it's all just the half of it, lacking completeness, roundness, or unity.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha
Quote:
"Mass tells space-time how to curve, and space-time tells mass how to move." John Wheeler
I don't see this godly entity as being on a far away throne. I see it is seated in the very center of your consciousness, giving you the information you need to tell space, time, and matter, when, where, and how to exist.
It is not only our current concept of reality that I see as an illusion, but all concepts of reality.
Quote:
“Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real.” ― niels bohr

As I said earlier, you cannot see anything other than what you have first created within you own consciousness. Your third eye is the only one that can see anything, and all it can ever look at is the universe within you, everything it sees is you. What is beyond that, I expect, is infinity, one big one. I would try and list it all out exactly for you, but unfortunately, I am as you are, bounded within a time and space of my own making, and am not been able to fit very much of it in here at the same time.

Quote:
"Of course all concepts of reality are illusions, but why on earth would you think that means they are not real." Albus Ketzer
Old 05-07-2019, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Except I never saw God, angels and demons when I still believed in them.
Yah ... there's a 'consensual' (i.e. 'group' reality creation) effect that 'individual' reality creation 'effects' are embedded in as well. It's complicated. A lot more people 'saw' and 'heard' and 'talked with' god/angels/demons.etc. back in the days before the material-science cosmological paradigm became as accepted and embraced as it is now.

Also maybe you are just a 'weakling' and so a 'helpless' subject because of the 'negative influences' of others you are or have been emotionally 'associated' with and so 'conditioned' by in this (spiritual power deployment) regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZBligvB8gY

You have to admit, unless everyone else who experience life as being gloriously wonderful is lying, that not everyone experiences Life as being the kind of 'hell' that you do.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
How does one know the universality of a fact unless one can hold the entire universe, conscious of all its facts, in one's mind, in the one eternal present moment? If not, then we can only know they are our facts, from our point of view, in our present moment. Facts are small things, small enough to fit inside our human minds, the universe is very large.

Some things we know, while other things we simply don't know (yet). But we're in progress to discover more.

Quote:
Who says that gravity is undeniable? Gravity does not keep the celestial bodies in check, the celestial bodies warp the fabric of spacetime, turning straight paths into curves. Paths we cannot see with our eyes or even grasp with our four dimensional minds. Gravity is just a left over word we have retained to explain the motions of the masses as they continue to move along paths that to them appear as straight lines, but to us as curves. The moon travels along through spacetime quite sure of the "fact" that the big blue ball keeps going around it, while the big blue ball keeps saying the moon is going round it. Q:Who has the facts? A:They both do. Q:Whose facts are right? A:They both are.

Gravity itself is what causes masses to warp spacetime... The Sun's gravity pulls on the planets, and if the Sun were to suddenly disappear the planets would drift away into space. That's why gravity is crucial in keeping the orbits of the planets stable. Believe what you want, but this is how NASA confirms it.

Quote:
As I said earlier, you cannot see anything other than what you have first created within you own consciousness. Your third eye is the only one that can see anything, and all it can ever look at is the universe within you, everything it sees is you. What is beyond that, I expect, is infinity, one big one. I would try and list it all out exactly for you, but unfortunately, I am as you are, bounded within a time and space of my own making, and am not been able to fit very much of it in here at the same time.

We both haven't created anything, we are just subject to this reality wether we like it or not and there's nothing we can or could have done about it.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yah ... there's a 'consensual' (i.e. 'group' reality creation) effect that 'individual' reality creation 'effects' are embedded in as well. It's complicated. A lot more people 'saw' and 'heard' and 'talked with' god/angels/demons.etc. back in the days before the material-science cosmological paradigm became as accepted and embraced as it is now.

That's debatable. The way I see it, either you talk to god and you are simply religious (or a believer without a religion) or god talks to you and you are schizophrenic.

Quote:
Also maybe you are just a 'weakling' and so a 'helpless' subject because of the 'negative influences' of others you are or have been emotionally 'associated' with and so 'conditioned' by in this (spiritual power deployment) regard.

Ugh, this again… No david, I am a sincere misanthrope who has no issue with pushing people away when I feel they contribute nothing positive to my life.

Quote:
You have to admit, unless everyone else who experience life as being gloriously wonderful is lying, that not everyone experiences Life as being the kind of 'hell' that you do.

Of course not. It's just as the quote in my signature says, we don't get what we deserve but we simply get what we get. That's why some people live through hell and others experience a rather heavenly life.