Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 11-07-2018, 10:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there Linen, that's a key distinction you're getting at...the whole acceptance-judgment-perfection dynamic, which is just rubbish but we've nearly all laboured under it and against our will, at that.

It's (I or we) will accept (you or ye) if and when you're perfect and until then you're not accepted. Or only partially.

That needs binned and we all have to find a way to sort things and to do just that, essentially.

Loving self and others authentically, however, isn't about either perfection or harsh judgment. It's all about acceptance, lovingkindness, and wise judgment, or discernment on the path to discovering and knowing the self more deeply and more truly.

And coming to that awareness is a fascinating journey for every one of us, IMO.

Peace & blessings
7L

I think it's a matter of having to try to please until the frustration and shame build to the point of bursting open into a feeling of hopelessness and loss. Having a history of failures, not wanting to experience that any more/again and refusing to play anymore. Once I got to that frame of mind I realized I was no longer surrounded mountains of struggle.

Like you said we all have to go through it to a degree.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:13 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hey there Dazzer,
I'm striving to be who I am at centre, who I truly am. And to discern ever better how to live in right alignment with Source/centre/love/what is.

For myself, I don't actually see it in terms of perfection but rather in terms of authenticity AND authentic love. Meaning, if my authentic self is not yet fully aligned with authentic love (Love)...then that's where my journey and my focus will need to be, in some fashion.

Because I don't want to be that person who says I meant to do A,B, and C for those in my life and it would have been so easy...but I didn't because I held a grudge or didn't reach out. It's not always possible to do this in our lives, but I find myself much more thinking of those things now, now that I've emerged from the cave (or chrysalis) I was in these last few years. More than ever, it's about love, forgiveness, and reconciliation.

I agree the saintly perspective and the saintly soul are hugely inspirational to the rest of humanity...they are avatars of a new age, of how we can and will be with one another and God and self, when we are living from our centre more deeply and more truly. When we live from a heart-led awakened consciousness.

I am nowhere near that so I am quite comfortable NOT using that word for myself at present but I do see that the way of authentic love is simply the way. And that if humanity chooses to endure, the way of love will simply be our way, one day.

Peace & blessings
7L

The thing is, you can have a wife beater who isn't striving for anything and be tarred with the same perfection brush as the peep whom is of a caring nature who strives for a deeper connection with self .

I can understand and relate to being authentic as said before and alignment is a key factor in all this . This is why I said Self realized peeps don't beat their wives, but with the perfection model the unrealized wife beater is just as perfect, but they are not as aligned to what they are that is Love or Self or God .

So on one had there is only perfection in a way where one's self is perfectly reflected in relation to their current self awareness .

It would be like Dr. Emoto's experiments all resulting in a perfect way based upon the energy subjected to the water molecules .

There will always be perfect results when you look at things from this perspective .

What is important to note however is that there are differences within the results however perfect each result is .

It is the difference that I would say is why peeps do search and strive for alignment to their higher self or to God or whatever word fits the bill .

There can be denial issues amongst other things when a peep thinks they are perfect while causing suffering to others .

This is a mental state that is based upon ignorance and misunderstandings ..

This is on par with peeps running around saying there is no-one here ..

There are so many teachings out there now that a peep can take on board all this info without ever sitting quietly with self .

I think in ancient times such knowledge was not available to peeps because peeps were not ready for it .

They had to have the right training / practice / experience / realizations in order to understand them .

x daz x
Old 12-07-2018, 07:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Greenslade, I don't think the world will change anytime soon either. But it's my opinion that a few realize 'it' in each generation. And when they realize 'it' they don't have to come back here as a student. But then a new soul will take their place in the next generation. And so the cycle continues.
This is the problem with ideologies such as this, IMHO. It's all well and good and sounds fantastic if you're wearing a floppy hat and dress, but other than that it's pretty useless. If we were all already perfect then the Universe would come to a crashing halt because nobody would be going anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Liberating. I am at peace. The war within me is over.
Amen to that
Old 12-07-2018, 09:21 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
7luminaries,

I logged out and realized that the parable of the Prodigal Son is a perfect illustration of love, forgiveness and reconciliation......the mercy of God.....:)
This, IMHO, is where the ideology that is perfect comes apart at the seams. If the Prodigal Son had been the Perfect Son? I don't think the Love, forgiveness and reconciliation would have happened if the son had been perfect and stayed at home like all good sons should. I think understanding this is what the Sermon on the Mount is referring to, that the 'imperfections' of the son brings about the perfect circumstances for perfect Love.

Being honest, I wonder if perfection is another instrument to flagellate ourselves with because we aren't it. And if we''re focussed on what we're not we're not focussing on what we are and what's happening because of it.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:41 AM
boshy b. good

god doesn't want much. if you
want to get help get it from them
that build to put up a fight for you,
above, but it be a work-out.

you leave god alone
Old 12-07-2018, 12:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Being honest, I wonder if perfection is another instrument to flagellate ourselves with because we aren't it.
Perfection? Yes I agree with you. Sinless, or so filled with light we ascend, or a thousand other spiritual-religious perfection beliefs and imaginations? Yes.

Living morally, and truthfully, and honestly, and lovingly? Not at all. That's just common sense, and it's very human, and it's badly needed in this world. That's the sort of perfection one can embrace and strive for in sincere good faith.

And anyone who thinks there's some abstract spiritual/new age reason and excuse not to strive to become moral, honest, truthful and loving, please don't even bother explaining. Because if you argue that much, you're just being contrary because it's the Internet and you can.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Molearner

Quote:
This, IMHO, is where the ideology that is perfect comes apart at the seams. If the Prodigal Son had been the Perfect Son? I don't think the Love, forgiveness and reconciliation would have happened if the son had been perfect and stayed at home like all good sons should. I think understanding this is what the Sermon on the Mount is referring to, that the 'imperfections' of the son brings about the perfect circumstances for perfect Love.

Being honest, I wonder if perfection is another instrument to flagellate ourselves with because we aren't it. And if we''re focussed on what we're not we're not focussing on what we are and what's happening because of it.

Greenslade,

Exactly.....:) That is why I said that to bestow love, forgiveness and reconciliation one has to be have been the recipient of such(i.e. having themselves having been less than 'perfect'). BTW, I never go back to edit comments, but in my posting it would have been better if I had described love, forgiveness and reconciliation as 'graces' rather than my lazy use of 'virtues'.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:04 PM
Smile

Quote:

Being honest, I wonder if perfection is another instrument to flagellate ourselves with because we aren't it. And if we''re focused on what we're not we're not focusing on what we are and what's happening because of it.
You nailed it! And Hi, Molearner! you, too!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-07-2018, 09:15 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Perfection? Yes I agree with you. Sinless, or so filled with light we ascend, or a thousand other spiritual-religious perfection beliefs and imaginations? Yes.

Living morally, and truthfully, and honestly, and lovingly? Not at all. That's just common sense, and it's very human, and it's badly needed in this world. That's the sort of perfection one can embrace and strive for in sincere good faith.

And anyone who thinks there's some abstract spiritual/new age reason and excuse not to strive to become moral, honest, truthful and loving, please don't even bother explaining. Because if you argue that much, you're just being contrary because it's the Internet and you can.
Being contrary just because you can is perfect for a discussion on perfection, because saying "I agree" to everything becomes pretty boring sometimes.

The bottom line is that we have to Live with what's in our hearts, whatever that may be, and the problem with perfection is that it's often an ideology projected out in front of us and we compare ourselves to that projection. In the no-man's-land in between we come up short because we can't Live up to our own ideologies, we create the space for inadequacy and the psychological issues that stem from there. Interestingly our Spirituality takes a hit and we aren't so filled with ascending light.

If we are not perfection that makes us perfect for striving to live more morally, and truthfully, and honestly, and lovingly, and that's the kind of perfection that's 'infectious' because it also shows that it's not a projection too far.
Old 13-07-2018, 09:31 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Greenslade,

Exactly.....:) That is why I said that to bestow love, forgiveness and reconciliation one has to be have been the recipient of such(i.e. having themselves having been less than 'perfect'). BTW, I never go back to edit comments, but in my posting it would have been better if I had described love, forgiveness and reconciliation as 'graces' rather than my lazy use of 'virtues'.
There's a brilliant clip from Douglas Adam's Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy. The voice-over says that humans never invite their relatives to dinner, and the scene is one of a group of well-dressed people having dinner with monkeys. If you don't know where you've come from, do you know where you're going? It seems that we're so Spiritual that we've left the human - where we've come from - behind.

If you had been 'less than perfect' yet you are bestowing Love, forgiveness and reconciliation? That isn't about becoming a projected ideology, that's about who and what you are at an energetic/vibration level. We need to invite our relatives to dinner more often and have more monkeying around.