Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 23-01-2024, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I totally agree. It is why I deleted a post of mine of interpretation……
Well, I thought your interpretation was as valid as the next one AND I can bring your post back, if you ever want.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2024, 03:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Sky,

I totally agree. It is why I deleted a post of mine of interpretation……

Pity Mo, I like to read the similarities in differences
Old 23-01-2024, 04:36 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
Pity Mo, I like to read the similarities in differences

….:). When I saw no one responding with either similarities or differences I realized that I was like one with “the voice of one crying in the wilderness”…..just no interest so you just need to move on…..:)
Old 23-01-2024, 05:05 PM
Quote:
….:). When I saw no one responding with either similarities or differences I realized that I was like
one with “the voice of one crying in the wilderness”…..just no interest so you just need to move on…..:)
It's nuts to expect a response. 5 people could be pondering a post, copying it to send to friends because it is so thought provoking. Just sayin'.

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-01-2024, 05:17 PM
Master

I will look for hidden meanings for fun:

The Parable of the Ten Virgins

Matthew 25:10 “But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut."

So the ones who did not have the oil left to go get it... but it was too late for them as the bridegroom arrived and he only took the ones already prepared. If having the oil represents being spiritually ready for the "wedding banquet" or "the kingdom of heaven" the ones seeking it (going to get the oil) were not let in. Only the ones who already had it got in. To seek is to create an inner conflict (and be ego centered) so in humility we trust and accept ourselves and all else as it is. We seek nothing as we trust God to provide all we need. In this way, we are "ready" (the door is open) when the bridegroom (God) is present. Seeking it moves us further away from it. The seeker is ego.

The time element of being in the now free from seeking is emphasized more...

Matthew 25:11-12 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’ But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’

The ones who went to get the oil... a small delay! Hold the door open we will be right back! They got the oil! So they had what the others who were let in did! Not good enough! Jesus says sorry I don't know you, the door is closed to you. Maybe they did not have what the ones who already had the "oil" had. Which could be a mind that does not seek and instead surrenders.
Old 23-01-2024, 05:22 PM
That's deep, Maisy ...it was said well...I mean - for me, easy to understand.
Thanks
Mo - yours was a bit complicated for me that was all!!! But it was good!

Old 23-01-2024, 06:25 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
it. The seeker is ego.
The time element of being in the now free from seeking is emphasized more...
Matthew 25:11-12 “Later the others also came. ‘Lord, Lord,’ they said, ‘open the door for us!’ But he replied, ‘Truly I tell you, I don’t know you.’
The ones who went to get the oil... a small delay!
Maisy,

Now this is good…..I must credit you for offering an interpretation….:). For me this is the main reason for the parables. Jesus is presenting an opportunity for interpreters to experience an epiphany….and epiphanies far exceed any other forms of knowledge. It is an invitation given with love.

The foolish virgins were forced to ‘buy’ ‘oil’ for themselves….a material transaction. ‘Oil’, of course, does not mean physical oil. Obtaining the spiritual cannot be a material transaction. They were going ‘out’ instead of being to go within themselves. The true Self contains the Divine.

For them to say “Lord, Lord” is another clue. Matthew 7:21….”Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven….”. It is an indication that piety is no guarantee of salvation…..
Old 23-01-2024, 06:48 PM
Molearner

In regards to ‘Lord, Lord’….1 Corinthians 8:6….”….and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ…”. To say ‘Lord, Lord’ can be seen to suggest duality. Saying it twice does not impress God…..
Old 23-01-2024, 07:01 PM
Quote:
In regards to ‘Lord, Lord’….1 Corinthians 8:6….”….and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ…”.
To say ‘Lord, Lord’ can be seen to suggest duality. Saying it twice does not impress God…..
To me, It was just showing their (I imagine) desperation.
Desperation is interesting - it seems God is not moved by need and desperation, begging or crying --but faith.
(I have found this to be TRUE!) :)

Anyone rem where it says that?

Old 23-01-2024, 08:09 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
To me, It was just showing their (I imagine) desperation.
Desperation is interesting - it seems God is not moved by need and desperation, begging or crying --but faith.

Anyone rem where it says that?
Hi,

You are correct….with faith there is no desperation, begging or trying. If there is a specific verse maybe someone will provide it. I have 2 verses in mind that point in this direction:

Matthew 6:7-8…..”And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.” Babbling speaks of desperation, etc.

Matthew 6:25-34…..verse 34…..”For the pagans run after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them.” In other words…don’t bother God with details…..:)