Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-05-2012, 07:19 PM
Charliemcsnarly

[quote=Humm]I celebrate those who are further along - and there are plenty!

[quote]

It helps that such people exist
Old 19-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
Definition, by definition, is a process of exclusion. To say something is something is to say it is not everything else.

In questioning questioning, we have here uncovered a potential flaw in communication itself - that through careful definition we have, by narrowing thought to a manageable dimension, narrowed our conception of reality itself, thus effectively losing the essence of what we hoped to describe in the first place.

And so a solution presents itself, that of qualifying our statements with the understanding that words and definitions are not the things themselves, that words and definitions are only pointers - an attempt to place in context the thing as it relates to a specific need or situation. As such, the definition of a word could have (and almost always does - look it up) many different definitions, depending on the context that is being referred to.

Sadly, no matter how many times that is stipulated, it seems some people are simply unable to look beyond words and listen for the intended meaning, so will insistently point out that the use of certain words is inevitably incorrect, because words are not the things themselves - and then they will turn right around and point out certain definitions to words as 'right', regardless of context, as if words actually did have some sort of innate reality to them.

Quite a pickle.

Hello Humm,

Yes you seem to present some of the confusion in communicating.
I understand what one may be pointing to. The universal vs. the physical type of thing, IMO. Or vs nothing, but revealing what one feels to be there.

Words do have a reality in them in the sense of what they evoke or may provoke in another. Love/love is one of those words.

I can agree that to feel the nurturing, accepting, and allowing energy without setting conditions on it can be very opening for one. Perhaps this is what some of the "pointers" are pointing to. To open up to it.

So in its essence, to me, Love can be unconditional. Would just add, in speaking of it, there where the conditions may lie, if one chooses.

Thank you for your insight. Gave me some things to reflect on.

Peace
Old 19-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I''m here to learn from others and see if what they say resonate with my own experiences, not to argue about who is 'further along'. I'm not interested in who is further than who, only in what people have to say. In my very few experiences with unconditional pure love, I know it to be a very different feeling from what we normally call love, and there is no question of it being divided by condition, if it is then it is no longer pure love, but an emotion.

Hi Chaliemcsnaly,

Yes would agree it is what resonates with one.

Peace
Old 19-05-2012, 07:45 PM
ciel_perdu

charliemcsnarley wrote:
Quote:
This earth could be that if people would release their arrogance and open their minds.

Indeed. It is one of the saddest truths out there, that we really could have heaven here on earth, if only people wanted it. But they don't.

But we have a responsibility to change, to show the world how it could be, even if the world never listens or does the truth. For if we do not act on what is right, then we become a part of the disease.

Be in the world, but not of it.
Old 19-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Words do have a reality in them in the sense of what they evoke or may provoke in another. Love/love is one of those words.

That is true, but take away that effect, and the words cease to be - though the reality of any thing the word represents remains unchanged.
Old 19-05-2012, 11:41 PM
Master
Not all popcorn kernels pop at the same time. Do the popped ones feel superior to the yet unpopped?

In this crop eventually the heat of life/love gets to them all. Everyone turns out more beautiful than they could imagine.

Xan

Old 20-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliemcsnarly
I''m here to learn from others and see if what they say resonate with my own experiences, not to argue about who is 'further along'. I'm not interested in who is further than who, only in what people have to say. In my very few experiences with unconditional pure love, I know it to be a very different feeling from what we normally call love, and there is no question of it being divided by condition, if it is then it is no longer pure love, but an emotion.

people think of things which they experience and classify them into little boxes, that's where conditional and unconditional love come from, but neither of these exist unless the catagorization is invented. 'What people ordinarily think of as love' just happens to be the way in which it is classified.

Someone posted a massive pic which messes up my screen.
Old 20-05-2012, 01:44 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
...Someone posted a massive pic which messes up my screen.
Sure you're not just 'inventing' the 'categorization' of messed up?

That would definitely be me.
Old 20-05-2012, 02:30 PM
Charliemcsnarly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Not all popcorn kernels pop at the same time. Do the popped ones feel superior to the yet unpopped?

In this crop eventually the heat of life/love gets to them all. Everyone turns out more beautiful than they could imagine.

Xan

I love this analogy
Old 20-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Master
Unpopped corn is loaded with potential lol ... that analogy, to me, is spoken with the same attitude as the opening post ... dont be lured into thinking yourself already 'popped' ... there is always more ... just ask those people who try to sell you stay-sharp knives in the add breaks on late night TV ...