Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 03-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Not if you quote the full statement including the qualifier.
If you accept that there is a God then is His Truth is Absolute and if He communicates that Truth to us then we can know the Absolute Truth.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What I do is find a trust within, as best I can... we talk about things like intuition, but each one has to have trust...There is talk about Absolute Truth, but we already know what it is to be truthful.

Truthfulness is the 'way'.

If we are Truthful then we must accept that we have 4 defects:
We make mistakes
We are in illusion
We have limited and imperfect senses
We cheat

Therefore we are not qualified to guide ourselves. We require Higher Guidance.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
We are the Divine.
I accept that we are part and parcel of the Divine Being, but in our current state we are in the bodily concept of life and therefore being subjected to repeated birth, old age, disease and death.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:48 AM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
I understand the types of examples you were thinking of now. Thanks! I'd like to think that a person's common sense would prevent them from undertaking anything that feels so obviously wrong to them.
Common sense is quite rare these days, which is why a lot of people are addicted to different forms sense gratification. We always require Higher Guidance especially if we want to attain Self-realization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
Souls can be defined in many different ways; I'll admit my concept is far from conventional (at least relative to my surrounding culture). I use the word soul/spirit to basically describe the essence of something, so it can apply to any level of organization be it the entire universe or a grain of sand. Souls/spirits exist within a context, and their essence cannot be understood without that context. As such, I don't particularly see souls as "individual" in any absolute sense. When people draw lines between things and categorize them, it's a map, not the territory. To use an example, whether a human being is an individual or an aggregate of a bunch of cells is a matter of point of view. You can work with the essence/spirit/soul of both the person as a whole and a component part of that aggregate.
So you don't accept that there is a soul that can transcend the body? On what authority are your beliefs based?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Medium_Laura

I believe when we Divine, we are communicating with our higher self.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:41 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
I believe when we Divine, we are communicating with our higher self.

What do you mean by the Higher Self?
Old 03-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Medium_Laura

Your soul within that has access to the Universal Consciousness.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium_Laura
Your soul within that has access to the Universal Consciousness.
What if you Divine with an Ouija board are you always speaking to your Higher Self?
Old 03-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
Common sense is quite rare these days, which is why a lot of people are addicted to different forms sense gratification. We always require Higher Guidance especially if we want to attain Self-realization.

I'm a bit more optimistic about the state of humanity, as I think you've probably picked up on from the other thread. I don't de-value human insights and wisdom, but nor do I put them on a pedestal. "Always require" is therefore much too extreme of a statement to me, but if you personally feel you require it, go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Ching
So you don't accept that there is a soul that can transcend the body? On what authority are your beliefs based?

It's complicated. >_< Soul includes the body, and then some; aspects of a soul transcend the body but others do not. On the second question, Neopaganism doesn't particularly concern itself with issues of authority in the manner you probably mean. Individuals take responsibility for their own beliefs and do not tend to look up to some grand authority for the last word on everything (though there are definitely community leaders and role models!).
Old 04-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"Truth" is not an Absolute. It is subjective and interpreted by a point of view.

That's why I didn't say THE Truth, but simply Truth.

btw Divination is 100% intuition, there is nothing mystical or magical about it.

Agreed...all of the tools are just there to help.