Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 20-05-2023, 03:20 PM
Guide

Let's all not get too excited about this.
Old 20-05-2023, 03:40 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Excited over the external stimuli, you mean?
Old 20-05-2023, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TattieHowker
You get excited because of external stimuli/events...

So if excitement is an emotion it's still in response to an external event, whether real or projected.
That seems quite limiting...unless you had more to say.
1. I believe just a thought can give you a feeling or emotion of anything: fear to excitement - to joy. No event, past or future.
2. I believe internal stillness, (not an external event), brings feelings of excitement to joy. (Sorry I don't use 'emotions' much).

I must say ...I also did not get why you, Tattie, said, 'to your way of thinking''. BUT, the back and forth is getting old.

(Oh, I see power, contentment, love as feelings. I don't have an emotion of power, love or contentment.
I do have a feeling AND emotion of frustration or anger or excitement.
Did I muddle things up more!!?)
That's just me...I don't really care how anyone sees them. These aren't things I think about.

Am I my feelings? No. They are inside me, a small part of me, things I experience...and fleeting.
I am not fleeting with ups and downs.
Again, my 2 cents. :)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-05-2023, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess

Oh I enjoy a bit of excitement, it can be fun
Old 20-05-2023, 06:17 PM
Master
" You get excited because of external stimuli/events..."

And sometimes because of 'Internal' stimuli/events
Then there are some who become excited for no reason, neither internal nor external... One size doesn't fit all.
Old 21-05-2023, 12:27 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
1. I believe just a thought can give you a feeling or emotion of anything: fear to excitement - to joy. No event, past or future.
2. I believe internal stillness, (not an external event), brings feelings of excitement to joy. (Sorry I don't use 'emotions' much).
I could go on a long time but when I said it, brevity was in order. But does the thought itself give you feelings, or does the thought come from a memory of a person or object/stimulus that gave you the feelings?

Yes, the back and forth is getting old, and thank goodness for the point of diminishing returns.

I think of feelings and emotions because they're a large part of me. I welcome them like old friends sometimes. Anger not so much because these are different circumstances then when I could easily have... But that is a discussion for another day. Anger and frustration are energies, and I have no expectations and therefore no disappointments. Doris Day got it right - que sera, sera.

And yes, it was relative to "your way of thinking" but I didn't say I agreed with it. You see, we are not conscious of what we are not conscious of, and what we are conscious of has been heavily 'filtered' according to our own priorities. That becomes the basis of our respective realities - "The objective reality is that all reality is subjective." "What is not Brahman is also Brahman."
Old 21-05-2023, 12:37 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
And sometimes because of 'Internal' stimuli/events
Then there are some who become excited for no reason, neither internal nor external... One size doesn't fit all.
I was just being brief when I said that but if you're going to expand on that.... What is the source of those internal stimuli/events/feelings? You can feel love but often Love is in relation to an object or a person, which are external stimuli. You can get angry because someone ticks you off or you get a letter from the nice tax man. You can see beauty and it makes you cry. Internally you can carry the memory of that beauty and it'll make you cray again, but the source still goes back to that external stimuli.

Humans, even given all of their diversity, are 'driven' by a small number of patterns that repeat over and over again. If you look carefully in these forums you'll see those patterns emerge, time and again. Spirituality itself is a pattern. Every human is asking three small questions, regardless of their context.
Old 21-05-2023, 02:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Re Iamthat post #38

He stated…………”.interesting but maybe not relevant to this discussion.”

Dearest Redchic12

I stand corrected. Thank you for your gracious response.

I meant, in my weird Confucious moment, whom we ask matters in that if I want to learn to fish, I like to ask those who have fish already in basket.

Blessings,
pixiedust
Old 21-05-2023, 02:43 AM
Quote:
... But does the thought itself give you feelings, or does the thought come from a memory
of a person or object/stimulus that gave you the feelings?
No, 100% does not have to at all.
A thought such as...I don't have a care in this world...all is perfect.
* Ahhh... ...* is the feeling I then have.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-05-2023, 06:42 AM
Master

Oh Miss H thank you soooooo much for your wonderful comments.

You state:

No, 100% does not have to at all.
A thought such as...I don't have a care in this world...all is perfect.
* Ahhh... ...* is the feeling I then have.

This is EXACTLY what I have been trying to convey and you have summed it up in three sentences. Brilliant! Thank you.