Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Experiencer
I made a distinction earlier about the difference between astral projection and astral plane travel.....

I just realized a little earlier today that I have a post of my experience....
or I should say,
a prime example of danger of astral plane travel here:

http://mysticorbtalismans.blogspot.c...ss-closet.html

you have to scroll down to the chapter "The Humpty Dumpty Episode"

A poor decision on the astral plane back in 1970 cost me about 20 years of my Life....

Basically you could call it , de-evolution...

and it took me 20 years to get back to where I left off.

The de-evolution was not the only "problem" that occurred...

I became way way too psychic....

I had to quit a really great job,
and my wife and I had to move into our VW bus as far from humans as possible.

So, as far as astral "projecting" problems....

I never personally had any..

Though I also saw no real spiritual benefit to the practice...
and that was my motivating drive.

But as you can read in this post (link above).....

I had some major problems that came out of the astral plane travels I was doing.

And I don't know if I talked about it in the link, but back then there was no internet
and no one I could talk to about this stuff
The Humpty Dumpty Episode cost me my Teachers....
so I was on my own with how to deal with hearing the thoughts, feeling the feelings, and experiencing the infirmities of every single person on a city block...

That was hard core, and my solution....which was a form of protection...... cost serious damage to my body over time.... as I knew it would, but.... it's hard to live in the world and not encounter humans.... So I did what I had to based upon what I knew at the time..

I thought an example would be in order...
Old 26-06-2011, 07:07 AM
Guide
... interesting.

You have a very "classic" and "mystical" way of looking at astral projection.
I consider myself holding a more modern thinking of projection.
Old 26-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Experiencer
Hey Xanth, yeah, I don't know...never read anything about it..... skimmed a few things in bookstores and internet... What I saw seemed imbued with Glamour and Illusion..... My Teachers were pretty ancient I suppose, so classic and mystical is probably an accurate description.... I mean lacking language in all this, since the info wasn't communicated to me through words, but rather intention, and I've had to make up words to fit the experience...... It's quite possible I "astral project" every night.
Certainly when I tell folks about my Nighttime Experience (which I thought was just normal)...it seems it isn't. People look at me like I'm talkin from another dimension.... and when I have read about Dreaming...and REM, and how all the brain wave activity is supposed to go in the "sleep cycle"..... well, NOT MINE.

I'm "dreaming" before my eyes ever close..... don't stop until I get up...all hyper lucid...... and I don't really need hardly any sleep. Went for a 3 year period (with a bi-polar, head injured, epileptic girlfriend) where I never "slept" more than 3 hours a night...
So who knows, maybe what I do every night is "Modern Astral Projecting"

I just, after my experiences in the early 70's, never saw a purpose to pursue it, certainly never want to get to the point again where I'm out of my body, more than in it.... That was not fun....interesting..... but not fun.
Old 26-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
i had to quit deliberately lucid dreaming because it got to the point where i found it difficult to discern whether i was wake awake or awake in dream, the line between physical reality and dream state blurred so that i was dreaming ALL the time.
Old 26-06-2011, 02:45 PM
moke64916

First of all I don't believe in hell realms. I travel in my astrol body all the time. When I visit heaven, yes time seems to go away completely. I feel like I'm awake yet in a deep dream at the same time. I travel these plains all the time. I've encountered loving deminsions, and primative deminsions, or hostile so to speak. That's my imagination. All I have to do is open my eyes and I'm back in my world. I think if someone had a fear of being trapped then yes it could be scary. The imagination makes it scary. I imagine myself traveling through a black hole and ending up somewhere foreign. All I have to do is open my eyes. If I see something I don't like I open my eyes. All what it is is the subconscious mind getting in the way of the superconscious mind. There is nothing to fear on astrol plains. It's only dangerious if you interpret it that way.
Old 26-06-2011, 05:44 PM
Experiencer
Internal Queries....

I know what you are talking about...

Kinda freaky isn't it.

Makes you wonder about the Nature of "Reality"

There is a Tribe, I think in Africa I learned about in Anthropology....
I think it was called the Igbo tribe..

For them the line between the two was very .....thin

They believed in both, and functioned in both equally, shifting back and forth like you and I go from one room in the house to another.

When that has happened to me the "other" world sort of superimposed itself on this one, but the location was a totally different one, I was basically not exactly as I am here, I had relationships there that were consistent, I'd shift at any given time, and it was the same basic locale, and same folks.... Very odd.

I had an idea of where the locale is/was...whatever.....
if I had time I'd like to go look for landmarks and maybe see what I could find..

Moke.... it's interesting that you believe in Heaven Realms and not Hell Realms....

I mean how can there be one and not the other.... ???

Is this because you have personally never pulled into one?

That is good, it shows where your energy lies..

you will have a good death...

Plus really the Realms are made by our perception of them...

What for one person is a Hell Realm,

could be Heaven to another....

Just like "real' Life.

No two people have the same experience,

even in the same realms.....

because on the astral plane it's all Magnetized" by our peculiar unique vibration.

What you draw to your experience....

is totally dif, from what another draws.

If you don't believe it because you simply have opinions and ideas to the contrary.....
that's not gonna save you from encountering them in Projection or "Death"...

But if in projection and death you have not encountered them,

and built a belief that they don't exist upon this...

You are Home Free Baby.
Old 28-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Master
I'm sorry Jeff but the fact that you argue so negatively with Xanth sort of proves that they know what they are talking about more than you... and the fact that you created the negative "scariness" that you encountered is extremely plausible. If you were so enlightened in the 2nd camp and whatnot then I think you would conduct yourself more respectfully and with more love
you seem like a villain in the arguments therefore I am more prone to believe that the things that feared you were created by your own negativity
Old 28-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Experiencer
That is an interesting way of cogitating sapphiriz.

Nothing I said was "Negative"..

You have taken my words and made them negative with your judgments upon them..

"Seeming Like A Villain" is far different than being a villain.

You seeing negativity where there is none..

and a villain where there is none..

Maybe a look in the mirror is in order...
Old 29-06-2011, 08:10 AM
hebo

Could you perhaps give me some sources where I can learn how to aproach the
astral planes safely and knowing what I'll encounter and handle situations properly... It would really help me and those who are interested.

Thanks
Old 29-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff4freedom
Maybe a look in the mirror is in order...
Have you ever taken your own advice, Jeff? ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebo
Could you perhaps give me some sources where I can learn how to aproach the
astral planes safely and knowing what I'll encounter and handle situations properly... It would really help me and those who are interested.
Learn to control your own mind first. Learn to meditate.
As for making sure you're safe, just "KNOW" that you're safe. Experience with kindness and love in your heart.

Now, I know that sounds REALLY CORNY, but it's the truth. It's not the position of "love everything". Just be kind, nice and helpful to all you meet... regardless if they're an actual "being" or a manifestation of your own thoughts.

Then, extend that knowledge to your physical life. Make it a part of you. Be just as kind, nice and helpful to people here too... doing one will help the other. :)