Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

View Poll Results: If you found money on the ground, what would you think?
The Universe is good to me! I must have good karma. 26 44.07%
I'm kind of poor, this could help me scrape by to my next paycheque. 14 23.73%
It's my responsibility to find someone in need (or a charity) to give this to. 19 32.20%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2015, 04:09 PM
Guide
To be honest I don't know for sure. It hasn't happened.

My Mum once found (IIRC) 2x one pound notes out side our place years ago. She promptly made an executive decision (obviously having looked around etc etc) and gave it to me because I was experimenting with gardening bits at that time (It was 35 years ago).
Old 12-08-2015, 04:30 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F

So, say I take it into a charity shop, what do you think they will do??

Use it to help someone who needs it a lot more than 'you' do?

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-08-2015, 05:52 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Use it to help someone who needs it a lot more than 'you' do?

I'm happy you still have such faith.

Some of it is common-sense to be honest, we all contribute towards charities as a rule, unless you happen to be directly outside on at the time, it may be more efficient on EVERYONE'S time to make an exception. No, if it was small change I'd keep it.

By the way you don't know my circumstances so

Last edited by starling : 12-08-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-08-2015, 07:43 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F

I'm happy you still have such faith.

I think 'you' have to (see/seek the best in people) ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 PM
Experiencer
i vote it's my responsability to put it in my pocket and pretend nothing happened
Old 12-08-2015, 08:57 PM
Guide
Quote:

I did do both but I'm afraid I'm increasingly disappointed.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Ravenspirit

Just money, no wallet, no ID I'd keep it and look upon it as a gift from the universe. Wallet with ID? That's different. I would try to get it back to the person it belongs to. Actually this did happen recently. I found some money way out in a large mall parking lot. It was a windy day and it literally blew towards me. There was no way to know who it originally belonged to. No one looking for it that I could tell.

A wallet with ID there's an obligation to return it I think, but money by itself with no way to know? That's just not the same thing IMHO. I have actually returned both a wallet and a purse that I found directly to the person who's item it was but stray bills or change, nah. No ID and whoever I handed it to would have just pocketed it.

Call me cynical but handing it off to security, police, whomever, it would just vanish. It would not get back to anyone who had lost it. I'd rather keep it myself under those circumstances. There's honesty and there's stupidity and I see no call to brighten someone's day with a "tip" when I could definitely use it myself. I sincerely make the effort but if I can't figure out who legitimately owns it then it's mine, shrug.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:57 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenspirit
Just money, no wallet, no ID I'd keep it and look upon it as a gift from the universe. Wallet with ID? That's different. I would try to get it back to the person it belongs to. Actually this did happen recently. I found some money way out in a large mall parking lot. It was a windy day and it literally blew towards me. There was no way to know who it originally belonged to. No one looking for it that I could tell.

A wallet with ID there's an obligation to return it I think, but money by itself with no way to know? That's just not the same thing IMHO. I have actually returned both a wallet and a purse that I found directly to the person who's item it was but stray bills or change, nah. No ID and whoever I handed it to would have just pocketed it.

Call me cynical but handing it off to security, police, whomever, it would just vanish. It would not get back to anyone who had lost it. I'd rather keep it myself under those circumstances. There's honesty and there's stupidity and I see no call to brighten someone's day with a "tip" when I could definitely use it myself. I sincerely make the effort but if I can't figure out who legitimately owns it then it's mine, shrug.

Unfortunately that's the way I see it.

Cleared labelled and identified funds I would hope there is no question about it (what ever the amount).

I actually faced a similar situation just before last Christmas when a woman acquaintance "mislaid" a bracelet whilst chrissy shopping with her Mum. Despite extensive inquiries it never turned up.........and I mean extensive.......I dowsed for it which took us 20 miles away.

Wearing a 100 pound bracelet at a pound stretcher type shop just before xmas was madness and she paid the price...... or did she drop it in the car park? in which case some comedian picked it up and pocketed it. Both nicking it and picking it up are strictly speaking against the law in both cases as it doesn't belong to you.

Thus I am a little cynical about motives now.
Old 13-08-2015, 09:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Glass named Esther
What you would think? What would you do?

I will not pick it up and give it to the police because `i simply do not trust the authorities to deal with the matter.
Old 13-08-2015, 04:52 PM
Guide
Quote:

I ve just been up to do vol work at a comp drop centre.

they have had two laptops stolen last week.

These were two news ones to replace the aging unreliable ones. WE are a charity org with no gov funding (the manageress works all hours to provide a service for local people).

YOu say to me am I blaming homeless people/unemployed people/ any people.

(before I get flamed no of course I'm not)

I ve just lost a bit of faith in human nature all round.