Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 06-12-2015, 10:55 PM
Pathfinder

Rokon,I see are a Knower.What,exactly,do you know?
Old 08-12-2015, 12:42 PM
Pathfinder
A few quotes I heard "existence comes before meaning" religious "the purpose of life is to get to the next" As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death. As I prayed one day I got the answer "enjoy" all and and all I think as extensions of the earth we are best suited to act as stewards and go about protecting life on this planet.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-Pax
A few quotes I heard "existence comes before meaning" religious "the purpose of life is to get to the next".

B Fuller states that, "experience precedes thought" without physical brain we can not access mind/intellect/concept.

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 08-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77
As I've said before;I like to keep things simple.I've looked around this forum and seen posts from people who claim to be able to put others in contact with spirit guides,even deities.I think that the search for the truth and meaning to our existence is the search for our Greater Selveshttp://www.thewordfoundation.org.That is the way to real knowledge.
I do not intend to post much more here.My intention was to try to introduce some topics for consideration.I think we urgently need to get a grip and sort our world out.http://www.theatlantic/magazine/arch...-wants/384980/.If this link doesn't work,google 'what is the aim of isis'.

I tend to think that things are simpler still.

Why should it be so difficult for any of us to attain the type of enlightenment that seems to be the goal by those of us who are driven by such?

Because I suspect it's not in the best interests of either our ego or of our soul for us to awaken in that way.

-The soul, because it arranged for this experience knowing full well we'd be blind to our greater being.
-And the ego, because the rhythm of the soul is not the rhythm of our physical experience. Our interpretation-of-self, based on this lifetime, does not included universal priorities.

The ego may attempt to use our "soul knowledge" as a tool, much the way we would learn how to grow food for out physical needs. But the deeper we move into our experience of soul, the less relevant it is to our physical priorities. When we fully awaken our ego is left behind, why would our ego's agree with that?

And why would our souls encourage awakening when it essentially put us to sleep, in this way, in the first place?
Old 08-12-2015, 07:55 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic born
And why would our souls encourage awakening when it essentially put us to sleep, in this way, in the first place?
To me this story is very similar to the one that says God created sinners in hopes that they come back to him.

It doesn't make sense to me. Why would the soul put part of itself to sleep and sit back hoping it awakens? If the soul wanted you to awaken he could have left you that way.

Why not explore the possibility that the soul took part of itself that needed work and experience... Only a small part. that might explain why we can't remember much, have little power and why most people lay on their death bed wondering what it was all about.
Old 08-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokon
To me this story is very similar to the one that says God created sinners in hopes that they come back to him.

It doesn't make sense to me. Why would the soul put part of itself to sleep and sit back hoping it awakens? If the soul wanted you to awaken he could have left you that way.

Why not explore the possibility that the soul took part of itself that needed work and experience... Only a small part. that might explain why we can't remember much, have little power and why most people lay on their death bed wondering what it was all about.
I absolutely agree. This may be the 3000 pound (or 214.2857 stones if ones British :) guerrilla in the room. It may be that the primary reason that "enlightenment" is so difficult, if not generally impossible, is that we're simply not here for such a purpose.

I can tell you first-hand that if our soul want's us to know or experience something it can do so instantly, and at any time. I've had numerous experiences, with what I comfortably consider to be soul related interactions, in which none of it was initiated by my own physically conscious self. And each time they occurred it was obvious to me that such things were not a challenge for the soul. Our souls are entwined with the core rhythm of all things, our involvement with the physical seems to be describable as an addendum to a much greater stream of involvements and knowing.

This has been at the back of my thoughts since my earliest experiences along these lines. It's only recently that it's come fully to the fore and feels to be the only real thing that makes sense.

Our reason for being physical is already encoded in the fact that we now find ourselves "here". :)
Old 09-12-2015, 10:01 AM
Pathfinder

The soul is the form and breath of our living bodies;The breath-form.The ego,which includes the personality,is only a feeling of identity.The feeling of the indentity of "I",is due to the relation of Feeling to the indentity of I-ness of our individual Triune Selves.Put another way;our feeling of "I" is a reflection from our higher self.
As for why we put our selves to sleep and now dream of life,life after life;We failed a test and now believe we are our bodies and are ruled by our four senses.Feeling is not a sense,it is part of our conscious selves.We as conscious selves are Doers of our Thinkers and Knowers[The Triune Self].We Doers are Feeling and Desire.
Old 09-12-2015, 01:33 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1

Soul/biological = biological patterning.
...31 bilateral spinal nerves{ some animals }....
...24 ribs{ some animals }....
..12 or 24 cranial nerves{ some animals )

Spirit-4 = dark energy = negative shaped repulsive cosmological constant force{ )( }

Spirit-3 = gravity = metaphysical-3 = positive shaped contractive/attractive phenomena{ () or as (><)}

Spirit-2 = fermions, bosons and any collection thereof = physical/energy{ v/w and opposite as M or as >< }
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spirit-1 = metaphysical-1 mind/intellect/concept

IN-spiration = our first breath of air/oxygen.

IN-spirited = our first breath of air/oxygen

spire = conical or tapered shape /\

tetra{4}hedron = Euclidean spire /\ and when conceptually spun is cone or conical shape

r6
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
B Fuller states that, "experience precedes thought" without physical brain we can not access mind/intellect/concept.
r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 09-12-2015, 06:12 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77
As for why we put our selves to sleep and now dream of life,life after life;We failed a test and now believe we are our bodies and are ruled by our four senses.
So if we're religious we fail from the get-go due to "original sin". If we're spiritually inclined then we failed because we followed the formatting that comes with a naturally developing brain. We fail the culture if we aren't intently responsive to the sociological imperatives. We fail our parents if we're not good little children. We failed as parents if our kids aren't perfectly balanced.

If we want to do "failure" then there's tons of places available to help saturate this seeming need to encourage others to feel "bad".

It would seem we're being subjected to spiritual blindness by the manor in which nature does it's thing and then we're expected to spend a lifetime lamenting this occurrence?

The idea of 'Failure' is a cultural concept we use in order to inwardly control another. However, nothing of any importance is ever accomplished without a long string of errors; in order to explore the boundaries of what we're attempting to accomplish, in order to test-out our theories, in order to dial-in our effectiveness, in order to test if an avenue-of-approach is worth the effort.

No one alive is a failure! We made it out of infancy, we adapted to a physical world well enough to maintain our survival. We navigate both social and physical challenges well enough to make it through a day. Considering how complicated it is to be immersed in a body I would suggest that the terms 'failure and test' used in a spiritual way is not only dysfunctionaly misguided, but also misses the value of what it is to 'try and fail' while intimately-orienting to to the complexity of a challenge.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:57 PM
Pathfinder

The original sin story has an element of truth in it.We descended from a higher realm.
Think of ourselves as an evolving intelligence.Evolving to re-become divine beings.Or put another way;We are beings in another dimension,within and beyond time,dreaming in this human world of life and death.Life after life.We are ruled by our senses and we believe we are just our mortal bodies.
Our bodies die,but We are Immortal.