Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 12-02-2011, 10:10 PM
DulcePoetica

I am totally in favor of decadence.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:25 PM
Master
3dnow -
"Because there is a law such as gravity, the universe can and will create itself from nothing."

I watched the video and found it informative and although the universe perhaps could create itself from nothing due to the law of gravity, that still doesn't explain how human beings were created and given souls. That's the work of God. Like medicine, science would not exist without God's creation to begin with.

Blackraven
Old 13-02-2011, 12:03 AM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
This is too woolly. And previously you said ''through the soul can we..'' already implying a dualism between 'you' and 'soul'. Many have that desire, and many have tried that. Didn't went well..That sounds more like a dictatorship..

Yeah... I see where this is going.
Old 13-02-2011, 12:20 AM
LaMont Cranston

Chrysaetos, I have a bit of a problem whenever the soul is brought up in conversations. it appears to me is that the consciousness is like a very large umbrella, and under that umbrella there are a number of things that we, as humans, attempt to identify, including such things as the ego, the soul, the self, the shadow self, the spirit, the perceiver, the I, etc.

Unless somebody knows how to do it, I don't know of any way to separate the soul from all those other parts of the consciousness that we attempt to describe. What we know...or at least most of us do...is that consciousness exists, and we have it. What we do not know is the limitations of consciousness (if there are any), including what happens to our consciousness when the flesh and blood part of our being is gone.

What's also true is that we really don't know where consciousness comes from, but we do know that we have the ability to acquire information, change directions, compensate for mistakes, formulate new goals, stop, start, look for meaning and/or purpose, doubt itself, etc. If somebody can actually come up with an all-inclusive definition for soul, I'd love to see it, and I'm sure that I'm not alone.

PS: We do know that James Brown was "Soul Brother #1," and Aretha Franklin is known as "The Queen of Soul." While we're on the subject, let's not forget Sam & Dave's classic (I'm a) Soul Man," and Arthur Conley's version of "Sweet Soul Music." If you doubt that soul exists, put on some of that music, pour yourself a tall, cold one and shake your booty.

The Shadow knows...
Old 13-02-2011, 12:51 AM
Ascender

Science is always talking about how everything came into being through Natural Laws, making God redundant. Funnily enough, they aren't able to deduce how these Natural Laws came about. Therefore, there is always room for God, no matter how far science advances, and I hope they come to realize this sooner rather than later.
Old 13-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Triad

Science involves inductive reasoning not deductive reasoning....It makes an assumption, that all reality can be defined by what we observe. Without the ability to somehow observe a phenomenon the idea it exists is often questioned and doubted....the problem with that today is that in the
context of modern science everything is not known...

The idea that there exist a mechanism in nature for Universe building given what we know today is not evidential for the existence of God....

The known Universe is about 14 billion light years in circumference and here is where the problems starts....That constitutes all the matter we can observe and beyond that we see empty space seemingly going on forever. We are aware that there could very easily be objects that are the same to what we call the Universe beyond this one. Then of course there is the matter of the Multiverse, with each Universe coexisting with an infinite number of other ones while occupying virtually the same space...essentially the electrons are different and part of the electron cloud but, throughout all the multiverse
the nucleus of the Atom is exactly the same.

What is in relation to the multiverse is a separation of sets in the electron cloud of electrons, so that what makes us solid can be different in each Universe in the Multiverse. And then getting back to the other Universe's out their? Given Infinity there are Universe's where what is going on here is replicated exactly...

When is comes to reality as a whole, what we often call the Universe today could have a meaning well beyond anything science to date can comprehend.

If anything I would suggest about 10,000 years before mankind as a whole comes to terms with the existence of God.
Old 13-02-2011, 02:18 AM
Master
Triad - In response to what you said...

"What?" - My brain hurts!

Blackraven
Old 13-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triad
Science involves inductive reasoning not deductive reasoning....It makes an assumption, that all reality can be defined by what we observe. Without the ability to somehow observe a phenomenon the idea it exists is often questioned and doubted....the problem with that today is that in the
context of modern science everything is not known...

The idea that there exist a mechanism in nature for Universe building given what we know today is not evidential for the existence of God....

The known Universe is about 14 billion light years in circumference and here is where the problems starts....That constitutes all the matter we can observe and beyond that we see empty space seemingly going on forever. We are aware that there could very easily be objects that are the same to what we call the Universe beyond this one. Then of course there is the matter of the Multiverse, with each Universe coexisting with an infinite number of other ones while occupying virtually the same space...essentially the electrons are different and part of the electron cloud but, throughout all the multiverse
the nucleus of the Atom is exactly the same.

What is in relation to the multiverse is a separation of sets in the electron cloud of electrons, so that what makes us solid can be different in each Universe in the Multiverse. And then getting back to the other Universe's out their? Given Infinity there are Universe's where what is going on here is replicated exactly...

When is comes to reality as a whole, what we often call the Universe today could have a meaning well beyond anything science to date can comprehend.

If anything I would suggest about 10,000 years before mankind as a whole comes to terms with the existence of God.

The universe is always expanding, even beyond its means...
Old 13-02-2011, 03:49 AM
AngelBreeze

GOD Is Totally Necessary Especially to un-Believers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeliar791
I agree. This is the main cause of all the decadence in this world. Only through the soul can we bring order to the physical world. We live in a world that likes to deny the existence of the soul in favor of pain avoidance. As a result we have a complete lack of discipline in our societies.

Warm greetings, Zeliar791!

Thank you for being in agreement. Indeed when there is a departure from God and His teachings, decadence moves right in posthaste to replace that which was otherwise aligned with God. And decadence is what has driven mankind into the rut it is now in.

Yes, the world and so many individuals do rather enjoy being in denial about God and avoiding pain such as to say they can live it up all they want in this world, even in a decadent way as some have said, and then just come back "reincarnated" as someone else and losing all thought of who they 'previously' were. That is denial at its worse, to simply want to consider living in sin and then think they can just come back time and time again until they get it right but in the meantime avoiding pain, as you say. I'm sure it sounds great to those who are currently in denial about God and perhaps even in denial that they have ever sinned or done a wrong but they'll find out won't they when their time comes and they pass-on from this world and come to realize that those who believe in God were right after all. Then what will their excuse be, one just has to wonder, though it won't matter anymore at that point.

And a complete lack of discipline in our society is a foregone conclusion! It is downright nasty with people thinking they are above it all, above the fray. You know, some people even shamefully think they are the same as God! What's the matter with their head we just have to wonder! While others even think they are Divine and will not have to answer to God for their life on earth and all the wrong things they did while here. That goes beyond absurdity into the blasphemous. Of course at this point in their life, what do they care about blaspheming against God? Since they think they ARE God! God is not amused by this kind of behavior on their part, since He has given us the First and Second Commandments, respectively, and I'm sure He just has to pity those souls that He created who turned out this way. But they have free will to continue in this mode until they find out just how wrong they were but it might just be a little too late for them if and when they ever come that conclusion.

I, for one, would very much like to see the look on their faces as they square off with God upon their crossing from this life to the next and find out that He was, has always been, and will always be there! But boy will they find out! Oh, but that is not for me to witness since they will be going all alone by their lonesome to face the Truth. But still, if I could only see the expression on their faces for their lifetime of denial of the existence of God! And since they did not wish to know God, how do you think God would want to know them in their time of most need? It will be too little too late by then. In fact, much too late, but again, it would be ever so interesting yet so sad to see them tell Him to His face that they still deny Him! Oh, but to be there at that final moment to see what happens next!

Thanks again for your comment, Zeliar791. The Truth About God Shall Never Be Hidden! It must remain in the Open always and forever! People can then make up their mind through their free will but there will be consequences one way or the other since they should certainly know better by now.
Old 13-02-2011, 04:01 AM
Zeliar791

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
Warm greetings, Zeliar791!

Thank you for being in agreement. Indeed when there is a departure from God and His teachings, decadence moves right in posthaste to replace that which was otherwise aligned with God. And decadence is what has driven mankind into the rut it is now in.

Yes, the world and so many individuals do rather enjoy being in denial about God and avoiding pain such as to say they can live it up all they want in this world, even in a decadent way as some have said, and then just come back "reincarnated" as someone else and losing all thought of who they 'previously' were. That is denial at its worse, to simply want to consider living in sin and then think they can just come back time and time again until they get it right but in the meantime avoiding pain, as you say. I'm sure it sounds great to those who are currently in denial about God and perhaps even in denial that they have ever sinned or done a wrong but they'll find out won't they when their time comes and they pass-on from this world and come to realize that those who believe in God were right after all. Then what will their excuse be, one just has to wonder, though it won't matter anymore at that point.

And a complete lack of discipline in our society is a foregone conclusion! It is downright nasty with people thinking they are above it all, above the fray. You know, some people even shamefully think they are the same as God! What's the matter with their head we just have to wonder! While others even think they are Divine and will not have to answer to God for their life on earth and all the wrong things they did while here. That goes beyond absurdity into the blasphemous. Of course at this point in their life, what do they care about blaspheming against God? Since they think they ARE God! God is not amused by this kind of behavior on their part, since He has given us the First and Second Commandments, respectively, and I'm sure He just has to pity those souls that He created who turned out this way. But they have free will to continue in this mode until they find out just how wrong they were but it might just be a little too late for them if and when they ever come that conclusion.

I, for one, would very much like to see the look on their faces as they square off with God upon their crossing from this life to the next and find out that He was, has always been, and will always be there! But boy will they find out! Oh, but that is not for me to witness since they will be going all alone by their lonesome to face the Truth. But still, if I could only see the expression on their faces for their lifetime of denial of the existence of God! And since they did not wish to know God, how do you think God would want to know them in their time of most need? It will be too little too late by then. In fact, much too late, but again, it would be ever so interesting yet so sad to see them tell Him to His face that they still deny Him! Oh, but to be there at that final moment to see what happens next!

Thanks again for your comment, Zeliar791. The Truth About God Shall Never Be Hidden! It must remain in the Open always and forever! People can then make up their mind through their free will but there will be consequences one way or the other since they should certainly know better by now.

God is the sum of all things. What we have is a world full of people that are blinded by pure faith, and pure reason. They will be left behind to rot. Only those that respect the trinity will be saved. Body and mind exist in order to provide for the soul.