Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 09-01-2024, 09:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Is this the cost? "Rateable Value - £20,250" which is 25,788 United States Dollars. If that's the cost that's sure is cheap! That's like less than a new car price here in the USA.

Interesting BigJohn - and Redchic12 we have crisis centre phone line here now for homeless, about time - you're speaking up exactly as close the churches brigade, there's 1000's here similar thinking - but it ain't going to happen, a years time the place to be for smiles and energy, for some or many... And Maisy, thank you for joining us, I don't know about prices, house / church a lot more than that - it might be they've heard about this new law we're going get in play where if you buy a church you have to invite all church members for tea, and what you like this Sunday Madam, how about a bit of steak and a glass of wine.

Yes we keep smiling - and that's what some churches are going to do / create smiles and energy in with the powerful preaching / teaching.

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...

Last edited by one-light : 09-01-2024 at 12:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2024, 10:18 AM
Master

Jeez only 20,000 pounds! Why don’t the Government buy them and use them for reasons I’ve said above, or maybe helpful to the refugees that are flooding the country. That kinda money is small change for them lol

Just an idea.
Old 09-01-2024, 10:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
Is this the cost? "Rateable Value - £20,250" which is 25,788 United States Dollars. If that's the cost that's sure is cheap! That's like less than a new car price here in the USA.
Yes that's the cost...... for office space only, not the entire Church building
Old 09-01-2024, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Jeez only 20,000 pounds! Why don’t the Government buy them and use them for reasons I’ve said above, or maybe helpful to the refugees that are flooding the country.

Just an idea.

Office space only Redchic.....
Old 09-01-2024, 11:05 AM
Master
It says price on application - that rateable value is just to get you over here bidding on it, I know you're already on your way - but hold up, if its still for sale in 6 months, original members that had to leave it might have a rethink if things start to change, and churches get busy...

https://www.movehut.co.uk/property/6...ield-cheshire/

Faithful follower of Jesus Christ - doing God's work, and via the Holy Spirit... I won't hold your hand and walk with you, or be around on your journey if you fall, but I will shine a light - go this way...
Old 09-01-2024, 12:25 PM
Master
Do you like once upon a time stories? here's where I get banned from my church... I'm hoping one day they'll be once upon a time stories - some Ministers will never change ways... So once upon a time there was a 1st service in January when all the Elders, who are already Elders get reinstated... And man they can be boring - oh am I allowed to say man and boring, oh I just did...

Do any of your churches do this? It's not the Ministers or Elders fault - it's just churches stuck in old ways... And they have to be slimmed down this sort of thing... Nearly ten years ago now I became psychic - then 3 years ago instructions from the Holy Spirit - 3 years it's taken to get people to consider change in churches, amongst that covid stuff we had.

Did you ever see anyone walk out of a service three quarters of the way through it, because not enough humour in with the powerful teaching... I know some here will say you can't do that - I did on many occasions when the service was too long and boring...

The waffle induction of Elders etc etc - vibrational energy that we're all made of - and listening to all that can be a drain, come out feeling weary, where's my bed - and that's the way 'not to do it' - so we live and learn, and to attract the 1000's local..........

And churches, and new ways - we can't afford to slip for not even for one week.

You have to make services 'so good' that people tell people in town 'it's good in there' - 'then' churches get busy and successful again - survive, and will then survive very well.

Old 09-01-2024, 01:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I can understand why people have drifted away from the church as there is so much negativity associated with them. ,past and present ie Spanish Inquisition, witch trials, deceit, fraud, greed, power, control and pedophilles. Most churches don’t have a good past record imo.

First off, I fully agree that the Church has a lot of bad baggage by now. Both historically and today. So many bad things done by so many bad people within its ranks from top to bottom.

But I knew that and still I am here. In the same way that my country - and 'my' church - has done many errors and some really bad things during its existence, I acknowledge that it happened and I loathe those who were responsible for the evil things. Still I love my country. Still I can't hate my church. Because faith isn't about loving the ground grew, but about believing that there is something greater worth aspiring to, worth fighting for.

I think a priest should have a flawless criminal record. I believe religious groups regardless of size should be audited by the government, same as any other organization handling money. I think every group of leaders moving a bad priest to a new area rather than defrocking him should be relieved of their jobs, paychecks and responsibilities. Any group praising virtue should being virtuous first of all. And they can be. And so, every group leadership should acknowledge the need for overseeing. You can stop rot, but not by ignoring it.

To get back to the point... I think most people don't worry much about the bad things in the churches' past. Not unless it has personally affected them. Such is human nature. And if the church is a sinner, well, sinners can still redeem themselves if they work for it. That's sadly not how religion have worked for the most part, but it is how the justice system works. You can pay the fines and pass your time behind the bars, and then you are allowed out and get chance to give a good life another go. Yes, the church has sinned many times. So has government, and law, and democracy. The stains remain but we haven't found anything better yet.
Old 09-01-2024, 02:37 PM
Master
One day, I went to Tombstone, Arizona: home of where the Gunfight at the OK Corral occurred.

As I was walking down Allen Street, a group of people were stationed by the corner next to the park. I went over to see who they were. Normally that corner is occupied by Jehovah Witnesses with their literature stand. I immediately wondered if it was a new group using that corner. I asked them if they were from the Cowboy Church and they said "No" they were from the local Catholic Church.

I ended up talking to them for a considerable amount of time. They were amazed that I knew about their 'pet' subject and that was The Didache. We spend most of our time talking on that subject. It was an interesting experience. They treated me like an old friend that they hadn't seen in some time.

Sometimes....... you will find Christians in some of the most diverse places. I suspect most people would expect Tombstone, Arizona to be a city where people only walk around with their guns, smoke tobacco in the open and consume alcohol in the saloons but there is more to the city then just that.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-01-2024, 03:57 PM
Master

WhiteWarrior…..” Yes, the church has sinned many times. So has government, and law, and democracy. The stains remain but we haven't found anything better yet”.

Actually I must disagree with that statement because I have found that a lot of people HAVE found better, including myself.

In my opinion the church will never be resurrected because it is outdated and people have outgrown the need for it, especially the young people who now find spiritual nourishment from other sources such as meditation groups and eastern philosophy/religion and new age beliefs.

As I said we are moving into a new paradigm and church services will no longer be wanted or needed. Imo

Just for reference…….Christianity in the US was 91% in 1976 but dropped to 64% in 2022.

Step into any church today, let’s say in UK and certainly in Australia and all you will find is old people and a few very young children who have been take there by their elders. I think that says it all.

Although I notice the big fancy churches such as Hillsong that has charismatic leaders and well known singers have been getting hundreds thru doors because young people know they are going to have a good time. However, sexual harassment and rape have just come to light in this one and a huge enquiry is taking place. So once again, same old reasons, different time.
Old 09-01-2024, 05:58 PM
Master
I've been putting directions to here from churches, welcome everyone, and welcome to regulars joined us here on this thread at Spiritual Forums...

Today I put a new post on one of my 3 groups I'm admin on - anyone got any funny / clean short stories to share, to use in talks / speeches, and also any funny short stories of something of when you we're a child - early days yet, and I will share any good ones here...

I did put on... I'll start us off - when I was about 12 in Stoke years ago, we used to go down to the railway line by the harecastle tunnel and put a penny on the track - ohh it did get flattened.

We knew if a train was coming through the tunnel or not by putting our head / ear on the track to listen for vibrations, yes one's coming now we'd say... Can't get near a trainline these days.