Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

View Poll Results: Are you a sceptic of a critic or a Believer
Sceptic 4 30.77%
Critic 1 7.69%
Believer 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2021, 08:00 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
'Psychic information' as in personal predictions that are relayed to the person such as events in their near future. The info is not gleaned as the Medium is relaying what is being said/communicated to them.

Personal predictions are not Spiritualist mediumship in the UK. Apologies for failing to state I'm a long-time Spiritualist. I foolishly forgot not everyone here knows that.

Outside of the simple Spiritualism framework a practitioner can call herself a medium and make as predictions 'til the cows come home. But if details of a future come from a spirit communicator the caution "caveat emptor" applies, just as in any walk of life.

I put it to you, though, that if the recipient doesn't know who a communicator is, why would she respect what's given? Would you trust someone on the street to tell your future? If so then go for it and ask for predictions. Unless the practitioner gives details to identify the spirit who's communicating, why would you trust the details given?

Remember always, please, that 'the future' isn't invariable. Any future is simply a potential one.
Old 08-07-2021, 09:53 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Personal predictions are not Spiritualist mediumship in the UK. Apologies for failing to state I'm a long-time Spiritualist. I foolishly forgot not everyone here knows that.

Outside of the simple Spiritualism framework a practitioner can call herself a medium and make as predictions 'til the cows come home. But if details of a future come from a spirit communicator the caution "caveat emptor" applies, just as in any walk of life.

I put it to you, though, that if the recipient doesn't know who a communicator is, why would she respect what's given? Would you trust someone on the street to tell your future? If so then go for it and ask for predictions. Unless the practitioner gives details to identify the spirit who's communicating, why would you trust the details given?

Remember always, please, that 'the future' isn't invariable. Any future is simply a potential one.

The same would apply to the Spiritualist framework. Many years ago a family member was relayed a prediction when she visitited a Spiritualist church in the UK (probably about 50 years ago so I'm guessing things have changed).

The recipients go with the intention of communicating with loved ones/specific people and it seems they trust/respect the information that comes through more often than not (if they can validate it).
Old 08-07-2021, 10:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
The same would apply to the Spiritualist framework. Many years ago a family member was relayed a prediction when she visitited a Spiritualist church in the UK (probably about 50 years ago so I'm guessing things have changed).

The recipients go with the intention of communicating with loved ones/specific people and it seems they trust/respect the information that comes through more often than not (if they can validate it).

Spiritualist churches SHOULDN'T allow/encourage predictions but just as with all things in life there will be those who won't follow the general principles. But so-called predictions could be our family members' thoughts and ideas about where life might take us.

As is so often the case, we would need first to define what constitutes a prediction in the sense of Spiritualism and mediumship - outside of the Spiritualist framework as you term it mediums are free to go their own way. They're free to go their own way in any other sense, full stop, period..... as they're not regulated by law other than recent UK ones concerning service provision. (I stress 'UK' as many members on this website are from the USA.)

As far as I understand things, the emphasis on not giving predictions has been UK Spiritualist church mediumship policy since way back when but as I've mentioned, things ain't always wot they're supposed to be.....

And elsewhere in this world a different variant of Spiritualism, with different policies, may be experienced.
Old 08-07-2021, 08:06 PM
Administrator
Hello

Is it not easy to judge but much harder to walk in the shoes of another person. We can not be another person so we can not begin to understand what life is like for them or why their motivations are maybe what they are. It is easy to get pulled into the "Light" those that shine on you from the view point of an audience looking at you. I know I was there at one point in life, and there is a "pull" to it all to seek attentions and to seek those $$$$$ that would also follow along. In this place that EGO that we all have within us comes into play.

We have that "need to be heard, need to be right, and need to prove at times something within us." We have to learn from all of this as we grow and move along in the path we choose. It is easy to look at how another handles things and be critical of them, as we are doing it differently. It is easy to "fall for it" when getting a reading as we at times are so desperate to have that connection. Sadly it is easy for some to take our money freely from us for more information given to us.

I note here the so called "Free On Line Facebook Readings" that then go on to want your Birth Date, and then E Mail Address for the reply to come for a "Free Reading". What is free about this your then bombarded by contacts. They get more demanding as you ignore them coming in, with at times doom and gloom I am noting from one I am monitoring.

I believe that we all have "abilities" that we are all created equally but that we do not all open doors in the one lifetime. For many to be so open would consume them and well drive them into the abius.

I often find I am watching the Paranormal TV Shows not to cut at them down but to see where things are going. So many times I find everything is "Demonic" in nature as that is a trigger word, it gets your attentions. This is where it is easy to become skeptical of it all as honestly rare is something so bad that it harms you.

I know well I was critical about interactions with the other side on the level of the "Demonic" until I was called to work with it. At times the scratches or bruises are "reality" yet no one dies from that contact.

I believe we are "never alone"
I am skeptical of everyone that makes a claim to "talk to the dead" or can "read for the living" .
I am a critic on how the mass media handles things like TV Shows

Yet though it all I know well it is not my place to judge other's or have others judge me.

Lynn
Old 08-07-2021, 08:10 PM
Master
Sometimes I can't tell person in spirit or a real person next to each other I'm not the only medium sized person and do that I'm a few mediums like myself it was born with a gift turn between a person it's spirit looks so real and the living person
I know I've not lost the plot because I'm not the only one
I've heard spirit all my life I got what it's in my head no it is not anymore now
I've changed it all my life I have seen spirit on my life it's in my head it's not I know all that now
I've let you put me down I know different now because I'm older
My church has put me right I wish take on there 20 or more and more I do
I know now I was set these challenges I'm off to girls obstacles to teach myself around things just wish I could have done it sooner

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 08-07-2021, 08:13 PM
Master
I have been watching other mediums buy the Facebook link and I what's your name I have begging for readings
I broke her people I don't know about other people of mediums but my world is my rule is you can't fast spirit to come through or settings for us to come through
Turn on Facebook page for Reading I'm like you can't force them to come through stop testing the median stop casting stop pestering the median for supposed to come through awful Reading
Little prick you when they're ready are offer energy and Vibes just don't force it
My Gift is off my ancestors
My mum was Gifted I've got was gifted but did not know how get together now I can do something about it by learning about it

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 09-07-2021, 02:22 AM
Knower

Yes that's right Lynn and dream_jo, it's not worth giving your details away and being sold on to more contacts just for "free" readings.
There's nothing wrong with those earning a living and getting $$$ for their natural talents if they are legitimate Lynn. If that projects one into the limelight as a result then all the success to them (if that is what they deem "success" is).
The paranormal investigators on those shows are looking for trouble as they never seem to protect themselves especially because they are mainly trying to contact beings who are not always higher vibe.

@bobjob, I suppose times were different then. Regardless if the person can validate it then that's all that matters. You can't surmise what is a validation for someone. In this case it was a broad but clear prediction definitely not influenced by thoughts and ideas. Came to pass. No harm done.
Old 09-07-2021, 05:51 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yes that's right Lynn and dream_jo, it's not worth giving your details away and being sold on to more contacts just for "free" readings.
There's nothing wrong ............... ideas. Came to pass. No harm done.

You could be right..... I wasn't 'in the spooks' 50 years ago.

I would expect certain predictions to come about with no harm done. I suppose, though, the SNU don't want Spiritualism to routinely be linked to giving predictions the way an end-of-the-pier psychic might be expected to do. It's why there's an emphahsis on evidential and healing mediumship now I expect. That's how I see it too - you call me an insuffereable purist!

As for charging for services given, I think it's the choice of the individual practitioner. It would be great if none of them needed to charge for their time, travel provision of a room etc but you still need to earn a living some way.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
It's why there's an emphahsis on evidential and healing mediumship now I expect. That's how I see it too - you call me an insuffereable purist!
What if people are succesfully healed? Would that leave the healer out of a job?
Old 09-07-2021, 06:16 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
What if people are succesfully healed? Would that leave the healer out of a job?

Are medical doctors out of jobs when prescribed courses of treatment are successful?