Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 25-03-2011, 04:52 PM
Baldr44

I would encourage whoever would like to know more about our 3rd dimensional experience to read a lesson that was channeled by a Master.
With both the writer and the Masters input its a most interesting read.
http://dragonofdrama.com/why_3d
Old 25-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Deactivated Account
Personally I think it can easily drive one insane trying to work it out and place a reason on it.

It's true that some people hang onto their illnesses for an identity or other reasons. Most don't. Many spend years trying to get better...but to no avail. I'm ill but I certainly don't want or need my illness. I want more than anything to be free of the darn thing and get a career.

The way I see it is: animals can get sick. No one says that's due to karma or victim mentality or the wrong thoughts or whatever else. No one says that a cat chose to get cat flu or run over by that particular red car down the street.

We're doing the best we can in what can be difficult circumstances and I've reached the conclusion that worrying about whether we've chosen it or not serves no useful purpose. At least, it doesn't for me. Also, believing that people have chosen their illnesses can be very damaging in some instances.

And if I have chosen it - hopefully I will be enlightened as and when the time comes.
Old 25-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
the sub conscious can be completely reprogrammed, it is still under your own control...

that doesn't change that you don't control how you process trauma and i highly doubt a five year old is going to be able to reprogram themselves following a traumatic event. It's not in their awareness and its not in the awareness of most people. You can only control what's in your awareness.

and starbuck i agree they don't realize how damaging this belief is or really understand how things can manifest themselves. For example i said awhile ago i wanted to be more kind/senstive to others feelings in general just by catering to them more, it manifested into empathitic ability, absorbing negative emotions etc which isn't what i intended, i didn't want to feel what they were feeling.... as above so below.
Old 25-03-2011, 05:22 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewater
that doesn't change that you don't control how you process trauma and i highly doubt a five year old is going to be able to reprogram themselves following a traumatic event. It's not in their awareness and its not in the awareness of most people. You can only control what's in your awareness.

and starbuck i agree they don't realize how damaging this belief is.
i disagree, your awareness is highly changeable, therefore it is an individual's responsibility to increase awareness, if they choose not to bother, or no to believe it possible, this increases the chance that they will will reincarnate until they see fit to address the level of awareness, and that doesnt either address whether or not that 5 year old caused the same trauma in a previous life to another 5 year old, in which case it is what they had due them when they were 5...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 25-03-2011, 05:34 PM
Deactivated Account
It might well be the case that awareness is changable but I agree with Rosewater that most people simply don't have that level of awareness. We're not at that stage of evolution yet.

I don't believe its that people don't believe its possible or choose not to bother...they simply don't know. How can they? Consider Joe Average who suffered severe childhood abuse. It can take years and years to be able to simply function in life. He may well end up with mental health issues. He may not have the intellectual ability to question his experiences and draw spiritual conclusion. His emotions may be repressed so his spirituality certainly would not be accessible.

Taking the perspective that people can simply choose spiritual awareness and if they don't they haven't bothered seems dangerous and over-simplified to me. I think it's more the case that some people have not reached the stage in their evolution where they can be that aware. It doesn't mean they choose not to, but that they haven't reached that stage.

Many people suffer abuse as children and use it as a form of spiritual growth, myself included. But this is not the case for many who cannot chose a path that they don't know about.

We may be saying the same thing Shabda but it's the words 'choose' and 'address' that I have a problem with.
Old 25-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Master
I never said it wasn't, all i said was you can't control how you process trauma, which is fact. That child won't heal it properly until he or she is mentally equiped to do so. so at the age of five etc unless the gurdains send him or her to therapy (which makes it the caretakers responsbility) that child is going to continue reacting to situations as he or she was conditioned to do so. But that raises other issues,what if the individual doens't know they are doing something wrong since they have grown accustomed to engaging in that behavior? it was accepted in their enviroment as normal? how are you supposed to look for solutions when it's not in your awareness that there is one? What about fate? if the soul chose it's life before hand, planned this out, why is there karma?

but on karma, i never mentioned that so i dont know why your bringing that up to me as something that needs to be addressed. but as far as i know that's is not how it always works nor does it justify treating someone else terribly in this lifetime. but if you want to go there why did the orginal victim chose to expierence that in a previos lifetime then? something that damaging would have to be fated, what about where the soul is in it's evoluton? what if it's a younger soul? would you hold a toddler accountable for crime? I dealt with abuse and other issues as a child not bc i did something terrible to those people (had past life regression already cleared) but bc i didn't value my own worth in previous lifetimes and needed to learn to value myself enough to put myself first. That was my karma.
Old 25-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Master
Quote:
I never said it wasn't, all i said was you can't control how you process trauma, which is fact. That child won't heal it properly until he or she is mentally equiped to do so. so at the age of five etc unless the gurdains send him or her to therapy (which makes it the caretakers responsbility) that child is going to continue reacting to situations as he or she was conditioned to do so. But that raises other issues,what if the individual doens't know they are doing something wrong since they have grown accustomed to engaging in that behavior? it was accepted in their enviroment as normal? how are you supposed to look for solutions when it's not in your awareness that there is one? What about fate? if the soul chose it's life before hand, planned this out, why is there karma?

but on karma, i never mentioned that so i dont know why your bringing that up to me as something that needs to be addressed. but as far as i know that's is not how it always works nor does it justify treating someone else terribly in this lifetime. but if you want to go there why did the orginal victim chose to expierence that in a previos lifetime then? something that damaging would have to be fated, what about where the soul is in it's evoluton? what if it's a younger soul? would you hold a toddler accountable for crime? I dealt with abuse and other issues as a child not bc i did something terrible to those people (had past life regression already cleared) but bc i didn't value my own worth in previous lifetimes and needed to learn to value myself enough to put myself first. That was my karma.
i bring karma up because it is the reason the soul plans things ahead of time, and it is also the very reason for reincarnation, i have yet to find a spiritual path that teaches reincarnation but denies karma, they are 2 sides to the same coin...i was not trying to change your belief system in any way, nor was i making comment or judgement about your life experience or your karma, nothing like that, i was trying to explain the overall process in a way that you would understand, that's all...if you chose to deal with abuse as a means of dealing with a lack of self esteem in previous lives, that is karma, it's purpose is to instill certain values/lessons in us in usually the hard way because that is what allows us to learn a thing the quickest, in my own case it has always occurred in the hardest of ways, ones that i certainly didnt appreciate or agree with,but upon reviewing my own past lives and karma, i am able to see the benefit of them and be glad they are over with...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 25-03-2011, 07:13 PM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
So what is the formula? If I am nasty to 3 people do I get 3 lifetimes of nastiness back or one lifetime with triple nastiness? In the first case there will be people who won't have enough lifetimes before the universe ends. In the 2nd case, as there is a limit to the 'punishment' one can bear, does karmic retribution get 'cheaper by the dozen'?
Just wondering.

I would say if you are nasty to them for 15 minutes now you get 15 minutes back in your next lifetime from them.

If you are a dad and abuses your son he will abuse you as your father in the next lifetime.

This is what people with supernormal abilities tell us.

PS:There is a possible solution to decrease your karma and that is to start genuine cultivation. It is said your Master can take away about half of your karma. The rest is placed as tribulations, mostly mental but also physical(double Lotus meditation pains and sickness karma pain) in body&mind cultivation methods.

Just my two cents, no truth offered whatsoever.
Old 25-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Master
For some things, like basically giving up on life...then the next time around, we have to value life our entire lives...we have to repeatedly choose life and risk life to save the lives of others.

For some things, I think karma is extensive...and then, once you begin to transmute it...you don't stop. You can't...the change is within you, and you can't stop.

That would mean you ceased to become what you are becoming or ceased to be what you are. That you ceased to choose to value life, for example.

Yes...the master I would say can take about half...LOL...what a burden.
Thank you master _/\_

The rest is you finding the strength to deal with whatever is on your plate.

Peace,
7L
Old 25-03-2011, 08:43 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
I know the purpose behind my illness and it wasn't worth it.

If a soul needs love it can easily chose to be brought up into a loving home.. As for giving love, most people are products of their enviroment and conditioning, our true selves are loving, caring, nurturing etc, souls of light aren't sociopaths, it's the things they expierence in life that they chose appreantly that can cause lack of senstivity etc, that's ego. it's really about how you process your trauma which really isn't in your control (you can intelluctualize it but sub cons takes things at face vallue)

If you know the purpose behind your illness yet say it wasn't worth it, then the question begs to be asked, why did you choose it?? [Since we write our Soul Plans, and not another, it's we who are responsible for what we create.]

Despite your comments about how a soul needing love can experience it through ways more acceptable to your preference, it's not possible to generalize for others. With all due respect, how do you know what they need in order to be able to get the love and attention they crave?... or to give those things, for that matter? You don't. Nobody can know that but themselves. It's very individual.

I agree with you that it's more about how we integrate and process trauma (and the qualities the experience engenders in us!) than the specifics of the causative experience. Some souls learn from one experience, others from a totally different one. But whatever we deem the best method for learning what we feel we need to learn (or for developing the characteristic we feel we need to perfect ), it is our own free will choice to write whatever that is into our Soul Plan for any given lifetime before entering in