Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-10-2019, 02:19 AM
Master

“ What difference does it make what you're going through? The experiences you're having, good or bad, it has absolutely nothing to do with you. For you are beyond experi- ences, beyond karma, beyond God, beyond eternity. You are that substratum from which everything comes. Learn to love yourself deeply, purely. Never never feel sorry for yourself. You have to see the truth by going within. Spend time alone. Dive deep within your- self, where all your answers are. Everything that you've ever been looking for is in yourself. You are the one. The holy one. There is noone else, but you. See this, feel this, become this.”

Robert Adams (from ‘just the satsangs’)

Old 30-10-2019, 03:53 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primrose
I love Robert Adam's teachings. I'm so happy to find this thread.
Hi Primrose, welcome to the forum!
Old 30-10-2019, 03:59 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Me, too. Thanks Tara and welcome Primrose, nice name.

Deeply humbled
Old 30-10-2019, 04:01 AM
Knower
If you can only learn to abide in whatever situation you're in. What I mean by abide in every situation you're in, I'm referring to not reacting, not feeling sorry with yourself or comparing yourself with someone else but simply laughing at yourself. Allowing to come what may. Not fighting, not trying to get the best of someone else. I know what I'm saying to some of you, appears sort of stupid, for you say, "If I don't stick up for my rights, people will step all over me.” That will never happen. For it is when you stick up for your rights and you appear to win that you really have a problem. For you have to go through similar situations over and over again until you stop and leave things alone and simply not react. I am not referring to holding it in. If you hold in your fears, your problems or whatever, you will blow up one day, and all sort of things will happen. I'm referring to transcending your life, going into a different dimension, seeing things in the fourth dimension rather than in the state of waking, sleeping and dreaming. Abiding in your real Self. You abide in your real Self when you become quiet, when thoughts stop, when people around you may be in chaos and confusion, they may be shooting at each other, wars may be going on, but you are still, you are quiet, you are not disturbed. You cannot make out you're like that when you're not. You cannot pretend that you are still and calm and peaceful when you really have a lot of anger in you and you're always sticking up for your rights and you believe that people are trying to hurt you. You therefore have to work on yourself. Your body appears to be the factory, the laboratory, for you to experiment. There's only one way to go and that's inwardly. Do not attempt to do anything in the world to become evolved. The world cannot do anything for you. It's only within your own Self.

Robert Adams
Old 30-10-2019, 01:49 PM
Master

“ Now what happens when you become liberated? When you awaken to your Self? You have unalloyed happiness, total peace, unfathomable joy, infinite love. These are all attributes to awakening. Therefore, develop these if you want to awaken. For you will feel beautiful, wonderful all over and nothing will ever spoil it.”

“ Now, the main obstacle that keeps you from experiencing this joy and this happiness that I'm talking about is attachment to person, place and thing. It is this attachment that makes you earthbound. It keeps you reincarnating over and over again, so it appears, on this earth plane. For if you're attached, you believe you are a body and a mind. When you believe you're a body and a mind you're going to experience all kinds of things in this world. You'll experience worldly things and become attached to these things. You will believe that somebody, some place can make you happy. Somebody, some place can make you miserable. You will believe that if you attain this, you'll be the happiest person on earth and if you do not attain it, you will be miserable all the time.”

Robert Adams

Old 30-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Master

“ Become free now! Become liberated now! If you live correctly in the moment you don't have to worry about the future, the future will take care of itself! As far as the past is concerned, it can’t hurt you unless you think about it. Unless you think about all the things that happened to you in the past, then you bring them back again. You create them again in your mind, you bring them to life again. You must learn to let go of the past totally and completely. Not to worry about the future and feel wonderful right now. And you do this by taking time every day to sit in the silence observing, watching, inquiring, "Who am I?"

As thoughts come to you, you inquire, "To whom do these thoughts come? They come to me. I think them. Then, who am I?" The I-thought is the main source of all of your problems. The I-thought, "I am this. I am that" Therefore, if you get rid of the I-thought, all of your problems will disappear with it. And the way to get rid of the 1-thought is to inquire, "Who am I? Where did the I come from? What is the source of this I?" The I-thought comes from your heart, your spiritual heart and moves into your brain. When this hap- pens you become what you are now, a human being. And you say, "I need this, I want this, I have to have this, this hurts me, this makes me feel good."

The object of self-inquiry is, of course, the act to return to the heart. So, you become mindful of the I-thought. When you sit in the silence, you watch it. And as this "I" comes to you, a question comes to you, you inquire, "To whom does it come? It comes to me or the I-thought." It is the I-thought that has the question. It is the I-thought that feels sad, upset, you inquire, "Who am I? What is the source of the "I"?" Who am I? Really means, what is the source of the I-thought. What is the source?

You ask yourself this question over and over again. One day there will be sort of an explosion in some of you. The I-thought will return to the heart and you'll become all- pervading, omnipresent, consciousness, the real Self, which you truly are! You will have unalloyed happiness and eternal peace forever! It will never leave you again. You will understand that you are not the body or the mind or the thoughts, but you are the substratum of all existence. You are the God that you've been praying to! You are Krishna, jehovah, all of the gods that you've been praying to all of your life. You are that now! It is you. It has always been you. You are that. There is no God apart from you. You've been praying to your Self. You are the God you've been praying to all these years.“

Robert Adams (from ‘just the satsangs’)

Old 30-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
What difference does it make what you're going through?
The experiences you're having, good or bad, it has absolutely nothing to do with you.

For you are beyond experiences, beyond karma, beyond God, beyond eternity.
You are that substratum from which everything comes.
Learn to love yourself deeply, purely.
Never never feel sorry for yourself.
You have to see the truth by going within.
Spend time alone.
Dive deep within your- self, where all your answers are.
Everything that you've ever been looking for is in yourself.
You are the one. The holy one. There is no one else, but you.
See this, feel this, become this.
This may go up on my wall !~!~!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
This may go up on my wall !~!~!

Absolutely!

Old 31-10-2019, 12:15 AM
Master

“ The Sage is not a teacher, but everything that he does is a teaching.

A Sage kills your mind, destroys the mind. When the mind is destroyed there is eternal, happiness, total freedom. As long as you have a mind, you're thinking, you never will be happy or peaceful. Impossible, for this is not a world of happiness or thinking. This world is not a world of peace. Yet the body appears to be doing the same thing everybody else does.”

Robert Adams

Old 31-10-2019, 12:17 AM
Master

“ There are also certain Sages in this world called Avadhuts. Avadhut really means “crazy adept.” This Sage comes to this world to tear your world apart. He purposely is here to tear your world apart, to see what you believe, your systems. Everything that you stand up for. The Sage tears you all to pieces, to show you it doesn't matter, not be wrapped up in anything.”

Robert Adams