Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I don't either. But that's not what happening here.

Do you really think if someone was just sharing their beliefs that so many people would be upset, even the ones who agree with those beliefs? There may be something to what people are saying here about what Xan is doing, you never know.
Yes I see that it's a complex situation - one where perception and interpretation are involved. If I were on the receiving end, perhaps I would be able to appraise what is happening with this particular upsetting aspect. I don't address it since I can't see it clearly, i.e. it's not me who is doing the interpretation of what is read.

Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 PM
chartreuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Some people object when others - discoverers and teachers and other awakening ones - speak about something so pure and true that nothing compares to it. Why? Is universal truth something people feel the need to protect themselves from, as if it were a threat? If so... what does it threaten?

Xan

The first time I really heard someone talk about universal truth was when I was consulting with them about my soul connection difficulties. This person made the mistake of telling me that my truth wasn't valid - that there was only THE truth. At the time, I found that to be an incredibly offensive and arrogant idea.

15 months later, I found myself looking back on that with a bit of amusement. By that point, I'd had a number of awakening experiences, and one of the first things that happened as a result of that process was that I started to see what was really true, and as it turned out, there really was only one universal truth. NONE of what by that point I knew was just my ego had believed so fervently was actually true at all, but at the time this person I consulted with said what he did, I, fully in the grips of the illusions (delusions) my ego was spinning, couldn't even conceive of the idea that what I thought was true wasn't.

The irony is, of course, that all of the suffering I was going through back then could have been alleviated if I had even intellectually been able to grasp what I was being told, but I just wasn't capable of hearing it at that point; there was no way for it to penetrate through the ego's defenses. My ego found the idea of universal truth threatening because it would mean that all of the stories it had been weaving and all of the problems created when I believed those stories would just dissolve away into nothingness, and since the ego relies on us always believing that something is wrong/inadequate/insufficient, us seeing that there really is no problem is the ego's worst nightmare - the point at which it itself fades away into nothingness because it no longer serves a purpose.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:36 PM
Neville

Upon reflection and deflection.

My understanding is that this possibility of truth, is being unexplained or disexplained as Beyond words, So it cannot be discussed. Beyond thought, So I cannot think about it.. Presumably then I can't even think I can discuss it... Because once I do.. It becomes thoughts and words. ( something that I am not so reliably informed that this truth is not. So as a subject for discussion..It has kind of had the legs knocked out from under it.

The some get it and some don't discrimination is akin to some have blue eyes while others have green or brown eyes. a statement of the obvious.

The thread then descended or ascended into a debate of varying degrees and at this later stage in the thread it remains as it started , an attempt to make something out of nothing. At least nothing that can be thought about or discussed.

Consciousness is connected to the mind while on the Human Journey. To be conscious of something , feeds it back to mind, which to me at any rate, means the thing is not and can never be beyond mind and if its in your mind , it can be thought about and discussed.

Which even in my addled and often bewildered brain means that the assertion that it is beyond mind and beyond thought and beyond words is a false assertion.

And I have attempted to quantify it by saying that I think it is that deep, dreamless, timeless sleep that we encounter daily. A Void.. or has Xan said the "Delicious Void"

Further That this void is what God is , The vacuum in which creation takes place and returns to on physical dissolution.

I agree with Xan in these descriptive terms. As it would seem that this deep dreamless and timeless sleep preceded your birth into this life and to all intents and purposes would seem to be what we are going back to one day.

It is a place where nothing can hurt you in my view, It is a place where you are neither too hot or too cold, It is a place where you are neither hungry or thirsty. Above all, to me, It is a place that should hold no lack of familiarity to all of us.

I don't really see any resistance to what is.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Mathew

G’day SF

Can anyone tell me what the real truth is on this site, not there truth but the real truth? No one can because none of us know, we get fluffy feelings & experience certain things seemingly not of this world & we think we know the real truth. I will tell you all a secret none of us know the real truth only the truth as we know it so why go on so much about truth when none of us know, sorry but this is just utter dribble to me!!!!...I have a feeling if we knew the real truth we would run for the hills.

Love
Mathew
Old 10-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Master

Hi Neville, I have just been strolling through the thread and came across this lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
I have visited Scotland 3 or 4 times.. The True Scotland , The One True Scotland with Glens and Lochs, I have seen it and experienced it. It is real. So why do so many people resist Scotland, preferring as they do to live in and experience their own Country?

Is it Fear,, Are people afraid of the One true Scotland , so much that they cling on to their own country?

The Possibility of Scotland.

Some people object when others - discoverers and teachers and other awakening ones - speak about something so pure and true that nothing compares to it. Why? Is Scotland something people feel the need to protect themselves from, as if it were a threat? If so... what does it threaten?.
Who say's Scotland is not profoundly life changing ?

Well as a native Scot, reflecting from Scotland in the now, I have to say `don`t be afraid` come on over and I will put the earl grey on, for one and all. And we can contemplate why Scotland `is` so profoundly life changing. Though my auric kilt might dissuade one or two, its tartan is all inclusive.

Maybe a consideration could be given that everyone is right, since we can only recognize what we are capable of understanding? And as such, the nature of difference naturally produces comparable competition. And that competitiveness being perfectly natural does not hinder the potential that everyone`s truth is true, even in Scotland, we are very tolerant here. (Formed and formless minds welcome)
Old 10-11-2012, 12:37 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew
G’day SF

Can anyone tell me what the real truth is on this site, not there truth but the real truth? No one can because none of us know, we get fluffy feelings & experience certain things seemingly not of this world & we think we know the real truth. I will tell you all a secret none of us know the real truth only the truth as we know it so why go on so much about truth when none of us know, sorry but this is just utter dribble to me!!!!...I have a feeling if we knew the real truth we would run for the hills.

Love
Mathew

HAHAHAHAHA...you are soooo wrong bro!!!!! The real truth of SF is that EVERYBODY knows and if you are the odd one out, then you had better get your *** with the program brfore the truth comes and bites it off!!!
Old 10-11-2012, 01:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Even xan says the guru act is just a role play. I always told her I knew it was all an act, a parade, because I'm as genuine as they come. This thread is about truth right?

I guess you misunderstood what I said, Gem.

Everything we do in the body-mind is playing roles. The truth of us is something else entirely.

Xan

Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Upon reflection and deflection.

My understanding is that this possibility of truth, is being unexplained or disexplained as Beyond words, So it cannot be discussed. Beyond thought, So I cannot think about it.. Presumably then I can't even think I can discuss it... Because once I do.. It becomes thoughts and words. ( something that I am not so reliably informed that this truth is not. So as a subject for discussion..It has kind of had the legs knocked out from under it.

The some get it and some don't discrimination is akin to some have blue eyes while others have green or brown eyes. a statement of the obvious.

The thread then descended or ascended into a debate of varying degrees and at this later stage in the thread it remains as it started , an attempt to make something out of nothing. At least nothing that can be thought about or discussed.

Consciousness is connected to the mind while on the Human Journey. To be conscious of something , feeds it back to mind, which to me at any rate, means the thing is not and can never be beyond mind and if its in your mind , it can be thought about and discussed.

Which even in my addled and often bewildered brain means that the assertion that it is beyond mind and beyond thought and beyond words is a false assertion.

And I have attempted to quantify it by saying that I think it is that deep, dreamless, timeless sleep that we encounter daily. A Void.. or has Xan said the "Delicious Void"

Further That this void is what God is , The vacuum in which creation takes place and returns to on physical dissolution.

I agree with Xan in these descriptive terms. As it would seem that this deep dreamless and timeless sleep preceded your birth into this life and to all intents and purposes would seem to be what we are going back to one day.

It is a place where nothing can hurt you in my view, It is a place where you are neither too hot or too cold, It is a place where you are neither hungry or thirsty. Above all, to me, It is a place that should hold no lack of familiarity to all of us.

I don't really see any resistance to what is.

Nicely said, Neville.

I only want to add that preceding this birth, we were in truth (and still are whether we know it or not) not asleep but more awake and aware, not less.

Xan

Old 10-11-2012, 01:31 AM
Master
Mathew: I have a feeling if we knew the real truth we would run for the hills.

First glimpses of truth / oneness, although not always, may bring out the mind's fear and unconscious resistance. This is why I opened this thread, since with awareness fears can be faced and seen through.

However uncomfortable it may be in the beginning we can get used to it.

Xan

Old 10-11-2012, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartreuse
The first time I really heard someone talk about universal truth was when I was consulting with them about my soul connection difficulties. This person made the mistake of telling me that my truth wasn't valid - that there was only THE truth. At the time, I found that to be an incredibly offensive and arrogant idea.

15 months later, I found myself looking back on that with a bit of amusement. By that point, I'd had a number of awakening experiences, and one of the first things that happened as a result of that process was that I started to see what was really true, and as it turned out, there really was only one universal truth. NONE of what by that point I knew was just my ego had believed so fervently was actually true at all, but at the time this person I consulted with said what he did, I, fully in the grips of the illusions (delusions) my ego was spinning, couldn't even conceive of the idea that what I thought was true wasn't.

The irony is, of course, that all of the suffering I was going through back then could have been alleviated if I had even intellectually been able to grasp what I was being told, but I just wasn't capable of hearing it at that point; there was no way for it to penetrate through the ego's defenses. My ego found the idea of universal truth threatening because it would mean that all of the stories it had been weaving and all of the problems created when I believed those stories would just dissolve away into nothingness, and since the ego relies on us always believing that something is wrong/inadequate/insufficient, us seeing that there really is no problem is the ego's worst nightmare - the point at which it itself fades away into nothingness because it no longer serves a purpose.

Good story, chartreuse. I like hearing your honesty.

Xan