Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..
Hi Lisa: Just to keep it simple .. i don't refer to 'God'.. the knowing reveals what 'is', and.. then, people argue over 'what "is" God', so.. i prefer to just 'know'..

Be well..

Ok. "Be still and know" comes from "Be still and know I am God"- which comes from the bible.

God to me is consciousness- or what is- or the source- not meant as religious.

I understand about the use of the word God, and not using it is fine.

We are not talking about mind knowing- but the knowing that is within, the stillness and the knowing that comes from it.

This is a different kind of knowing. (as you know. )
Old 21-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osho
Enlightenment is knowing oneself. Knowing oneself is to know one's identity and oneness with the universe or God. Once one knows it duality vanishes and one realizes his real nature

Nice Osho.
Old 21-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Master
With me it's a little more one-sided. Maybe it is because i recognize how much precious time was lost in the past 35 years of pursuing my need for something else. WS

I hear you. But that was what was in you, right? You could not have done otherwise. Lisa

Yes, but life put it there....not God or my purpose. In other words if my need came from being abused as a child, I'm not saying it was a good thing, I suggesting i is suffering for the sins of others. I didn't need to have a need to not need. It's a shame is what it is........IMO WS

I just adore life WS

I know'd it. I can feel it. Lisa

It's contagious! WS

and want to live it forever and do so many things that i feel there is not enough time. (my pursuit wouldn't allow me to feel that way before..."God or the world"...lol)
I guess I'm making up lost time. WS

Yes, and doing it well!

Thanks, I have big plans that will make that much more true. Much more doing to do WS

You know it's possible that had you embraced what you have years ago- the simplicty and solidity of it now would not have been. That all those years in the wilderness allowed you to appreciate it now- and that you couldn't have before.

Looked at it this way, it gave you what you have now. And wasn't a loss. (Hey, I'm doing my best here. ) Lisa

No it wasn't possible to see it then. The process of healing is a long one or at least was for me. It did give me what I have now like I could never have had before........and I honor that and remain humbled to that but still it wasn't necessary. It was how life goes sometimes. My kids won't have issues to heal from because of me............that's what I am saying. WS

iow- I agree. Lisa

LOL WS

The people that I tried to make go away as illusions are the most precious things in my life. I can't get enough of them either. (My pursuit called this attachment...lol) WS

This is Huge! Lisa

It is heaven! WS

If Im not mistaken this all happened in the past year plus. So many changes James!!! I got a front row seat to a wild show! Lisa

Yes and more than that......you personally helped bring the balance or healing back in my life. Many people have. Its like in nature...when imbalance is noted balance sends in exactly what is needed WS

And I am very happy for you. Delighted. All that struggle- !!!

It's not the struggle that bothers me (and I have had sleep in my car because of my "beliefs"), it's the pain i caused others that makes me say it was a curse. However, I believe I have made things right wherever I could and i also forgive myself WS

You are right where you it is for you.Lisa

That has a ring of having purpose so I have to take exception. I would say that life corrected itself in me. The me part is only important to how it links with all of life. In other words, it wasn't personal.......it was for the team..lol WS

Should this be a pm????? Lisa

Na..........WS

Old 21-07-2011, 04:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osho
Enlightenment is knowing oneself. Knowing oneself is to know one's identity and oneness with the universe or God. Once one knows it duality vanishes and one realizes his real nature

Duality vanishes? Sounds nice my friend but I'm not convinced that statement from you is anything more than an idea in your mind.
If it was true then I would know it and see it but as long as I see you, I can never say such a thing.
What I sense is the connection and from that I chose not to make it into something that just sounds nice. The connection is real and so is duality.

Do you not see that I am also seperate from you?
We don't have to understand that just cuz we see it. There is a sense of seperation and a sense of being connected..............no more.IME
James
Old 21-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Ok. "Be still and know" comes from "Be still and know I am God"- which comes from the bible.

God to me is consciousness- or what is- or the source- not meant as religious.

I understand about the use of the word God, and not using it is fine.

We are not talking about mind knowing- but the knowing that is within, the stillness and the knowing that comes from it.

This is a different kind of knowing. (as you know. )

Sorry to bud in. I hope you don't mind but what different kind of knowing is there?
It's a buzz statement and one i have used in the past but in all honesty, I can see that I was kidding myself.
I even believed I knew what could not be known. I lied.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:03 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
With me it's a little more one-sided. Maybe it is because i recognize how much precious time was lost in the past 35 years of pursuing my need for something else. WS

I hear you. But that was what was in you, right? You could not have done otherwise. Lisa

Yes, but life put it there....not God or my purpose. In other words if my need came from being abused as a child, I'm not saying it was a good thing, I suggesting i is suffering for the sins of others. I didn't need to have a need to not need. It's a shame is what it is........IMO WS

I just adore life WS

I know'd it. I can feel it. Lisa

It's contagious! WS

and want to live it forever and do so many things that i feel there is not enough time. (my pursuit wouldn't allow me to feel that way before..."God or the world"...lol)
I guess I'm making up lost time. WS

Yes, and doing it well!

Thanks, I have big plans that will make that much more true. Much more doing to do WS

You know it's possible that had you embraced what you have years ago- the simplicty and solidity of it now would not have been. That all those years in the wilderness allowed you to appreciate it now- and that you couldn't have before.

Looked at it this way, it gave you what you have now. And wasn't a loss. (Hey, I'm doing my best here. ) Lisa

No it wasn't possible to see it then. The process of healing is a long one or at least was for me. It did give me what I have now like I could never have had before........and I honor that and remain humbled to that but still it wasn't necessary. It was how life goes sometimes. My kids won't have issues to heal from because of me............that's what I am saying. WS

iow- I agree. Lisa

LOL WS

The people that I tried to make go away as illusions are the most precious things in my life. I can't get enough of them either. (My pursuit called this attachment...lol) WS

This is Huge! Lisa

It is heaven! WS

If Im not mistaken this all happened in the past year plus. So many changes James!!! I got a front row seat to a wild show! Lisa

Yes and more than that......you personally helped bring the balance or healing back in my life. Many people have. Its like in nature...when imbalance is noted balance sends in exactly what is needed WS

And I am very happy for you. Delighted. All that struggle- !!!

It's not the struggle that bothers me (and I have had sleep in my car because of my "beliefs"), it's the pain i caused others that makes me say it was a curse. However, I believe I have made things right wherever I could and i also forgive myself WS

You are right where you it is for you.Lisa

That has a ring of having purpose so I have to take exception. I would say that life corrected itself in me. The me part is only important to how it links with all of life. In other words, it wasn't personal.......it was for the team..lol WS

Should this be a pm????? Lisa
Na..........WS

Thanks James. You cleared up some things for me. I got a fuller picture.

You rock- I always love your heart.

You've had a big effect on me- all good save for the times we weren't speaking to each other. LOL

note to self- "add 'purpose" and "need" to list.

(I'm running out of words, dude! )
Old 21-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Thanks James. You cleared up some things for me. I got a fuller picture.

You rock- I always love your heart.

You've had a big effect on me- all good save for the times we weren't speaking to each other. LOL

note to self- "add 'purpose" and "need" to list.

(I'm running out of words, dude! )

LOL.........
Old 21-07-2011, 05:21 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Sorry to bud in. I hope you don't mind but what different kind of knowing is there?
Quote:
It's a buzz statement and one i have used in the past but in all honesty, I can see that I was kidding myself.
I even believed I knew what could not be known. I lied.

how can I answer when i'm laughing???

There is mind knowing- which is this world.

And there is God knowing- which is not of this world.

Please James- these are just words!

I cannot define the indefinable. But that does not mean that the indefinable is not.

An analogy- mind knowing is like a swimming pool full of people and kids and noise. (you'd love it. lol)

God knowing is like a small creek in the forest, still, quiet, sublime.

They speak two different languages.

The language of God is silence.

But that silence speaks, and is heard in God knowing, but not in mind knowing.

This is simply an overall hint of understanding, not full or precise.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Master
It all goes thru mind at some point and just maybe it all is Mind.
Old 21-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Lisa

Quote:
It all goes thru mind at some point and just maybe it all is Mind.

I accept your position. I just don't... concur.

Closed Thread