Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 27-06-2015, 04:42 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
HOLIDAY IS GOOD...

Wanchain, I agree with you completely… I am human.

Later I still made that connection that when you want/desire something it means that you DON’T HAVE IT and the “Universe” responds to you with the same, giving you more of this “not having”. Pls, correct me if I am wrong.

Also, pls look at those dictionary articles…

want

verb
1. 1.
have a desire to possess or do (something); wish for.
"I want an apple"
synonyms: desire, wish for, hope for, aspire to, fancy, care for, like; More

2. 2.
archaic
lack or be short of something desirable or essential.
"you shall want for nothing while you are with me"

noun
1. 1.
archaic
a lack or deficiency of something.
"Victorian houses which are in want of repair"
synonyms: lack, absence, nonexistence, unavailability;More

2. 2.
a desire for something.
"the expression of our wants and desires"
synonyms: wish, desire, demand, longing, yearning, fancy,craving, hankering;

Hi essvass,

Oh I like your interpretation!

Need to stop wanting, and start feeling and behaving like we already have it.

W.
Old 27-06-2015, 04:46 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Thanks, Wanchain, greenslade knows the Latin expressions, I just use the online dictionary to translate them. Remember I am a professional translator...

Oh I see ~

When we use expressions in a foreign language, we add emphasis in our message.

I had tried translations before, amateurish basis. It was not an easy job!

W.
Old 27-06-2015, 08:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hi Greenslade,

Thanks for your two points on LoA! We get what we need, not always what we want. Makes more sense now. If we get what we want, it's because it's part of, or doesn't conflict with, our life plan. I sort of thought it must be something like that. Okay, that peace you refer to, in connection with LoA, is new to me, but I like it! It's the whole discussion about sureendering to what is and accept, be in alignment with the universe.

W.
You're welcome, and still no disagreement yet? I'll have to try harder next time

The getting what we need part is hard to come to terms with sometimes, especially when considering what happens in other parts of the world. But then if there is a Soul inside us after all then that's the Journey it takes, often it's hard to keep to 'Spiritual principles' when those kinds of things are going on.

Very often people are at odds with the Universe whether it's the Spiritual or human parts, most people want things to be different to how they are. Accepting and surrendering can sometimes have an adverse effect because there are things we can change while others are inevitable, it's going back to the Serenity Prayer and having the wisdom to realise which is which. Being in alignment with the Universe takes out some of the paranoia that's for sure and smooths out the rough edges so it's not so bad after all. The Universe moves around us as well so it's a two-way relationship with that one - like you're getting annoyed with people who want to talk when you don't want to. There's an energy system that builds up, the more you get annoyed the more you'll attract talkers and the more you'll get annoyed. Once you're at peace with the idea that people want to talk the less annoying it'll become and the less it'll happen because you'll attract peace.
Quote:
Originally Posted by celest
is

'After the experience yes ' unless your psychic

Unless you're like me and you carry a crystal ball with you everywhere you go

Quote:
I think I don't see them as painful. I just wish that they could be beautiful and cheerful, full of love and peace.

They're full of anything you want them to be, they're your experiences after all and the Universe isn't going to slap you upside the head if you get it wrong. I read a lovely story where two Spirits were discussing their experiences before they incarnated. One of them wanted the experience of being raped and the other agreed to give them that experience out of Love. It made me think,
Old 27-06-2015, 09:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Great! Thank you. I like everything, and RAPIDLY in particular. This is to respond on the most superficial level only.
You don't have to thank me because it's you that's doing it, you are the one that's changing yourself. Sometimes we just need someone to acknowledge and reflect back at us.

Quote:
I think we're both lucky, Wanchain and myself. You already know that talking to you guys is like ointment on my wounds.
Being with someone as they find their own Light is a beautiful experience, it 'never gets old'. It seems right at this time to say that it would be nice if Wanchain could see it that way as well but that will unfold as it will. You'll turn those hurts into halos one day.

Quote:
The origin of it was magical to begin with.
'Magical', yes, if you want to see it that way. It's a part of something that has been going on for many years and it's brought us to this point in time, and the tale is still in the telling.

Quote:
Brave soul. I have the horsepower but I am still opposite to brave.
There's nothing wrong with a little humility, it helps to keep our feet on the floor.

Quote:
I just hope it sinks in and stays. I mean I hope I’ll stay this way.
Change is the only constant but you'll only go backwards if you think you are. We walk the spiral and perhaps you will return to where you've been in your mind but that will be retrospect, sometimes it helps to look back in order to go forwards as long as you look back to the right place. This is the point where it all turns around and if you need it in the future, remember it well.

Quote:
Oh, thank you for Pythonesque. Thank you for reminding me about him. I completely forgot him and now I may be able to find some of his recordings again and laugh myself to death again.
Monty Python wasn't such a big hit in America if I remember rightly, the typically English surreal humour didn't seem to suit them. I remember watching one of their live shows and the American audience wasn't quite falling about laughing but then sometimes I don't get American humour. Which reminds me, there's some of their DVDs sitting gathering dust so a visit to the Holy Grail is needed.

Quote:
Because I love Leonard Cohen so much I love almost all of his songs. He is part of my life. Even though he usually is highly philosophical and this is not, and I know this has nothing to do with you and Mrs. Greenslade or ‘dastardly’ plans, I am sending this to you anyway. If nothing else, I hope the line “I was just a tourist … looking at the view” will justify my actions unless you’ve known this song all along.
You remind me of someone, she does this kind of thing too. We went to visit her one weekend and she produced this Norman shield-shaped stone, she stood there with an uncertain look in here eye as if she knew what to do with it but another part of her wasn't sure. I told her to catch her breath, do what she felt she needed to do and forget the rest. She couldn't see any meaning in what she felt she could do but I told her that the meaning is always for the receiver, not the giver. When gave me the stone I thanked her and told her of its meaning - it was a shield but all she saw was a strangely-shaped stone. You've done much the same with Leonard Cohen and you've done a few similar things before.

I was never a fan of Leonard Cohen, his music seemed a little depressive sometimes. When I was in Ascension Island with the forces one of the guys was a big fan, he would play one particular track as we say waiting for the mail to arrive. The mail was a lifeline for us being thousands of miles away from home and living on a lump of volcanic ash. Nobody ever worked out how he managed it but he'd play the track and one particular line always played just before the 'mailman' walked in. "And there ain't no mail in the mailbox." That line brings me back to those times and your lyrics is a reflection of me during those times, I can relate to them very well. It has a lot to do with Mrs Greenslade because I'm not that guy any more, although we didn't meet until years after that.
Old 27-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Hey, I have to confess… I think throughout the first four fifths (??) of my life I actually thought that being a victim = not being a/the villain and that that was nearly the way to go. I simply did not know/have a concept of being a victim.

Act or react? Knew nothing about that either. Amoeba…

Therefore, I avoid as much as I can telling people where I am from, because it was where I was trained to think that being a victim is better than being the villain. [Plus my own flawed thinking.] Because of this and many other reasons I know that my home country is “nothing to write home about.”
'Victim' is a word I learned later in Life and always associated it with crime as opposed to Life itself, but looking back it's a word I still wouldn't apply. It's not in my nature even after all is said and done and what didn't kill me made me stronger.

Act or react is good fun sometimes, often there's an energy system that builds up when we react to experiences and our environment and it's recognising the energies and working with them instead of feeling we're being swept along. Sometimes it's hard to go against the flow but if we work with the Universe the Universe works with us.
Old 27-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
You're welcome, and still no disagreement yet? I'll have to try harder next time

The getting what we need part is hard to come to terms with sometimes, especially when considering what happens in other parts of the world. But then if there is a Soul inside us after all then that's the Journey it takes, often it's hard to keep to 'Spiritual principles' when those kinds of things are going on.

Very often people are at odds with the Universe whether it's the Spiritual or human parts, most people want things to be different to how they are. Accepting and surrendering can sometimes have an adverse effect because there are things we can change while others are inevitable, it's going back to the Serenity Prayer and having the wisdom to realise which is which. Being in alignment with the Universe takes out some of the paranoia that's for sure and smooths out the rough edges so it's not so bad after all. The Universe moves around us as well so it's a two-way relationship with that one - like you're getting annoyed with people who want to talk when you don't want to. There's an energy system that builds up, the more you get annoyed the more you'll attract talkers and the more you'll get annoyed. Once you're at peace with the idea that people want to talk the less annoying it'll become and the less it'll happen because you'll attract peace.

They're full of anything you want them to be, they're your experiences after all and the Universe isn't going to slap you upside the head if you get it wrong. I read a lovely story where two Spirits were discussing their experiences before they incarnated. One of them wanted the experience of being raped and the other agreed to give them that experience out of Love. It made me think,

Hi Greenslade,

The spirit story surprises me. But I have read the idea somewhere before. I wonder if someone just made up this idea for us to believe, just because we want a reason.

Not being annoyed at something/someone annoying is really a change of our value system. But all these theories that we hear are basically saying that there are a lot of rubbish mental programs that we need to clear.

W.
Old 27-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Hi essvass,

Yes, once you have enough wisdom or maturity, you can turn a challenge jnto an opportunity. But not everyone has the opportunity to grow first then to perform. It's like telling a child who was born yesterday to immediately go earn his living.

I still don't get why we have all the sufferings in the world, not just our own. I don't see the justification for it all. Perhaps there is none. The concept of past lives and karma make sense, but why do we have to forget that we have past lives, if we indeed do? Wouldn't it be fairer and better for our learning if we do remember?

Sorry, perhaps my brain has not regained cognition ability today ~

W.

Hi wanchain, so happy to be back here to talk.

Quote:
… my brain has not regained cognition ability today ~

Hey, wanchain, chill out, maybe you are going through some important process. Maybe instead of being an abstract thinker you will be an abstract thinker one day and “brain on holiday” thinker on the other day. Maybe there is some deep value in that, or maybe your “cognition ability” moved into me for the time being because I certainly could use one and you know we are connected.

The kind of thinker I am is that I usually have two thoughts and while I am trying to think where would the first thought fit in I forget the second one.

So, thanks, I hope it did move into me (temporarily).

Quote:
I still don't get why we have all the sufferings in the world, not just our own. I don't see the justification for it all. Perhaps there is none. The concept of past lives and karma make sense, but why do we have to forget that we have past lives, if we indeed do? Wouldn't it be fairer and better for our learning if we do remember?

You don’t get it because you are normal.

“The concept of past lives and karma make sense”… It does but unless ‘you’/I have first-hand knowledge of ours, or unless you are just finished reading something like really fascinating and persuasive books by Michael Newton, this is only intellectual knowledge.

It’s like going to church where they tell you that God loves you indefinitely (while you are not a newly born Christian and only went there because someone asked you to accompany them).

About “all the sufferings in the world, not just our own” – my personal take on it is that there is some (dumb)[ – oh, God, please forgive me…] mechanism in place that until there is one single soul left in the Universe capable of causing suffering (and the same probably goes to becoming a victim) this [4 asterisks word] will be going on. I really don’t know and would like to run this thought [??] by Greenslade.

I guess if…

Quote:
why do we have to forget that we have past lives, if we indeed do? Wouldn't it be fairer and better for our learning if we do remember?

If we remembered them this would be just intellectual knowledge and not that completely natural inborn inability to produce/cause pain to another.

I still have something much more important to say (a revelation-type though that I had about you last night – well, you know me…] but I would like to first run it by Greenslade first, too.
Old 27-06-2015, 07:23 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Pretty much, yes. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and all that. Suffering isn't really necessary but that's the human part, suffering can turn into challenge or something that we need to get through, an opportunity to 'show our mettle' if you like.
…………………………..

Stay strong Wanchain, be the person you want to be and nihil illegitamus carborundum.

As Ghandi says, "Become the changes you want to see." Use those energies of yours.

Quote:
Hi Wanchain,

Exactly, Wanchain…

Don't let the *******s (ba--st--ar--ds) grind you down! (nihil illigitamus carborundum) .

No better way to say this.

Sorry about quoting myself here...

Quote:
Hi essvass,

I love your sense of humour! And I like your witty expression in Latin ~ ^_^

I am happy to have the chance to share some of my stories with you and Greenslade here. I am a very closed person. It takes me a very long time to open up. But I know that I need to be emotionally vulnerable in order to connect to others. This is a good platform for me to practice emotional vulnerability. This is also a good opportunity for me to reflect upon my life and come up with a way to move forward.

This is like a home for me, to feel safe to expose myself and be assured that I will not be attacked for what I say.

I think I have a lot of changes to make. I need to reprogram how I think and how I respond. I need to practice it enough so that it becomes a habit.

W.

Quote:
Thanks, Wanchain, greenslade knows the Latin expressions, I just use the online dictionary to translate them. Remember I am a professional translator...

Sorry about quoting myself again...

Btw, since my Latin has been somewhat rusty the expression I found on the Internet was very similar, almost the same words but a little different so it would be good to find out which is the most ancient [wink-wink] and the nuances.

Hi everybody,

Sorry I’ve got so attached (will probably have a talk about this with celest) to my last-night’s revelation-type though I didn’t even have a chance to read all the posts in full yet.

Yes, wanchain, “This is like a home for me, to feel safe to expose myself”, so we do have a home now and that’s always important.

Point One

Quote:
nihil illegitamus carborundum.

Greenslade, thank you so very much for knowing the exact formula and for sharing it with us here. Now I can laugh any time I want – if I just think of this.

Definitely the best concise piece of wisdom I have ever heard.

I love Ghandi and I am sorry if I sound irreverent but as far as I am concerned, ‘nihil illegitamus…’ beats what he said.

To reiterate our discussions with wanchain the last couple of days….

Btw, greenslade, I’d like to bring it to your attention that we behaved and had very good, and meaningful (at least for me) discussions even without adult supervision.

So, to reiterate our discussions, and I think that’s where my revelation part comes in, ‘nihil illegitamus carborundum’ is definitely tattoo-worthy (with its English translation to make sure).

Wanchain, if you have one (the tattoo) done ASAP would not it be exactly what being present in one’s body is? Plus… I hate to experiment on someone else (i.e on wanchain) but I’d love to see how the outside world will start treating someone with a statement like this.

Then you won’t need to “become the changes you want to see," you can just look at your tattoo and yes, as Greenslade said, “Use those energies of yours,” – by all means.

So, the tattoo, the energies plus stop covering your, metaphysically speaking, private parts with your arms and hands…

Remember, I asked you earlier if you were doing that and you said that yes, you were a ‘closed person’ if I am not mistaken?

Wanchain, just try this and

“I think I have a lot of changes to make. I need to reprogram how I think and how I respond. I need to practice it enough so that it becomes a habit”,

and

“to practice emotional vulnerability. This is also a good opportunity for me to reflect upon my life and come up with a way to move forward.”

may happen for you automatically. Just look at the tattoo and chuckle.

Point Two

If I were in the US I would ask wanchain to make me her business partner in an online (or not) business of making and selling really bright removable tattoos with the same content for the weak-hearted who can’t make their mind but would like to try.

Sorry, everybody, if you did not like my revelation or if you think that I am full of it.
Old 27-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Ascender

Quote:

The getting what we need part is hard to come to terms with sometimes…

…..The Universe moves around us as well so it's a two-way relationship with that one - like you're getting annoyed with people who want to talk when you don't want to.

There's an energy system that builds up, the more you get annoyed the more you'll attract talkers and the more you'll get annoyed.

Hi again,

I should have read all the today’s posts before I posted my revelation after all.

Were you talking about me?
Old 27-06-2015, 08:30 PM
Master
2 no my dreams or ingo on dreams

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔