Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 11-03-2019, 11:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy

Form the Doctrine of Vibration.
An example of direct introduction.

Instructing in the purport of scripture he does more
than simply explain its meaning: he transmits the realisation it can bestow.
The Master is at one with Siva's divine power through which he enlightens
his disciple.

The Master is the ferry that transports the
disciple over the ocean of thoughtz7-if, that is, the disciple is ready.

When such a disciple sits before his Master, all he has to do is to gaze
at him and be aware of his elevated state to feel the fragrance (vdsand) of
the Master's transcendental consciousness extending spontaneously
within him. Abhinava explains:

So gracious is he that, by transferring his own nature to those whose
consciousness is pure, they became one with him at his [mere] sight.

The disciple's consciousness thus suddenly expands within him like the
violent and rapid spread of poison through the body (bhujarigagaralavat).
He thus becomes one with his Master in the unifying bliss of universal
consciousness and so, whether his eyes are open or closed, continues to
enjoy the same state constantly.

Be it Buddhism, Shamanism or Hinduism – the above quote describes an *awareness shift* (and it has got to do with the 'vibration of your energy field').

Because of the Buddhist wish to help all sentient beings and because of the generosity of their spirit – Buddhism has so many teachings and meditative practices, which I trust are designed to prepare the (local?) mind for a (letting go) ‘leap’ i.e. for a *shift*.

At the very first ‘level’ or call it expansion of awareness – you ‘experience Oneness’ with the Elder or the Guru.
From my experience ....... there is a difference being psychic and ‘being spiritual’ (so to speak).

In telepathy – there is a time & space (dual) gap involved, but directly knowing is immediate and more intimate than intimate, because you experience the other person within yourself ‘as you’(so to speak).
When both people are open like this – silent communion happens and because the situation is thus 200% transparent – there is trust.

In Shamanism – from this ‘first non-dual level i.e. ‘Oneness experienced with the Elder’ – there are 6 more to go, some say 8.

A Shaman can *shift* your awareness into an alignment with the “World Pole” and this I trust is similar when a Buddhist Guru can show you the Mandala set up:
Quote:
Kyilkor
The Tibetan word for mandala is "kyilkor," which means "center and fringe." Therefore we're talking about a circle, a center and circumference, which establishes a complete world. At the center of the mandala is always a central deity. This deity is the buddha principle, i.e., it stands for nothing, the emptiness that pervades the mandala. It says, in effect, nothing is at the center, and this then is the central gateway into the absolute buddha mind.

Perhaps this is the ‘2nd level’ awareness shift when time and timelessness, unborn and creation are also realized as One.

On the ‘3rd level’ “Power” is introduced and it follows the same principle: “It stands for nothing, the emptiness energy that pervades the Mandala”.

It is a paradox. Because we do not exist – therefore we do, because the Elder has no power – therefore he/she 'does'.

It is only the dual (local?) mind that boggles and thinks trickery is involved when synchronistic circumstances/events come together with a precision of a “Swiss clock”.

Old 12-03-2019, 03:51 AM
Suspended

The simple answer is just take your attention off thought. But it can take a long time to get an insight into how that is done.
Old 12-03-2019, 04:30 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
So attack me and various traditions beliefs?

---

You can add value but claiming Hindu realized gurus are a cult is pretty insulting to many.

I respect Hindu traditions, Buddhist traditions, mystic Christian traditions, many others actually - I love learning from many people and ways. I love that about this forum - how different people are.

I have not attacked any of the spiritual traditions - and do not. I respect nearly all of them and those that yield students and practitioners of genuine insight and calibre have my utmost respect and gratitude.

I do remain very skeptical of you and your understandings, but please do not be insulted, these are my opinions only.

In the hands of a master swordsman, a sword can be useful and wield power. In the hands of others, it means nothing to me, let alone the one wielding it when s/he clearly doesn't know what the art really means.

Hence my issue has not been with anything posted, but the fact that posting words or sutras here and there takes things out of context.

Hinduism/Buddhism/others - these have context within them. Copying words and sutras is not useful, in my opinion, when one does not understand its full context or interpretation. Representing them in certain ways - to back up one's "arguments" is also silly IMO. Disrespectful, to my way of seeing.

Do you understand? I don't insult any of the teachings, traditions, or teachers.

Be at peace, and walk well, jonesboy. Apologies if I have insulted you overly, in your mind and reception. Thank you for the conversation - take care.

JL
Old 12-03-2019, 04:41 AM
janielee

I like your thoughts sentient, there is much beauty in Buddhist practices, I agree, and for the real Masters, well we should all be so lucky - still the student has to do the work too, and as I said above, there is always karma at play.

By the way, it will be hard to find much reference to "local mind" in Buddhist teachings - here and there, but not conventionally.

Anyone who really wants to learn Buddhism, and avoid cult type initiations, or chase your tail/neverending intellectual traps disguised as "teaching" would be better placed in a real life monastery or centre, or look up online resources for (real Buddhist) teachers.

LINKS:

World Buddhist Directory - Local Centres/Practice Groups

Access to Insight - Theravadan
Plum Village - Zen
Garchen Buddhist Institute
Dharma Drum
San Francisco Zen Centre
Abhayagiri Buddhist Monastery

This is more of a show place, as it stands now.

JL
Old 12-03-2019, 04:47 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What happened to ANATTA?

Well we have two people here who believe they know better than anyone else. Maybe they can start their own threads.

God-Like can start a thread challenging everyone on a concept he doesn't understand and can't find the self/other-respect to even try to understand, and jonesboy can keep talking Mother/energy/kundalini/Guru/thought/silence/bliss to recruit more people to become "nothings"

Ironically, the two people who don't seem to have practiced in any real setting or attended real life monasteries/centres/teachings.

I'm outta here, like Gem I can see more of this show a mile away

Ciao sky123

JL
Old 12-03-2019, 05:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Well we have two people here who believe they know better than anyone else. Maybe they can start their own threads.

God-Like can start a thread challenging everyone on a concept he doesn't understand and can't find the self/other-respect to even try to understand, and jonesboy can keep talking Mother/energy/kundalini/Guru/thought/silence/bliss to recruit more people to become "nothings"

Ironically, the two people who don't seem to have practiced in any real setting or attended real life monasteries/centres/teachings.

I'm outta here, like Gem I can see more of this show a mile away

Ciao sky123

JL

Hasta luego
Old 12-03-2019, 06:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
I respect Hindu traditions, Buddhist traditions, mystic Christian traditions, many others actually - I love learning from many people and ways. I love that about this forum - how different people are.

I have not attacked any of the spiritual traditions - and do not. I respect nearly all of them and those that yield students and practitioners of genuine insight and calibre have my utmost respect and gratitude.

I do remain very skeptical of you and your understandings, but please do not be insulted, these are my opinions only.

In the hands of a master swordsman, a sword can be useful and wield power. In the hands of others, it means nothing to me, let alone the one wielding it when s/he clearly doesn't know what the art really means.

Hence my issue has not been with anything posted, but the fact that posting words or sutras here and there takes things out of context.

Hinduism/Buddhism/others - these have context within them. Copying words and sutras is not useful, in my opinion, when one does not understand its full context or interpretation. Representing them in certain ways - to back up one's "arguments" is also silly IMO. Disrespectful, to my way of seeing.

Do you understand? I don't insult any of the teachings, traditions, or teachers.

Be at peace, and walk well, jonesboy. Apologies if I have insulted you overly, in your mind and reception. Thank you for the conversation - take care.

JL

My experience has just been practice. Life in ashram was practice, practice, practice, see a teacher if you had questions about your practice, listen to the evening discourse on the philosophy behind the practice... That's how things were there.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
The simple answer is just take your attention off thought. But it can take a long time to get an insight into how that is done.

Please elaborate, but I can only swallow one bite at as time, so don't give me too much at once, and start at the beginning even if it's totally basic, and evolve from there into the depth and complexity over as many posts as it takes; like a raindrop forms a trickle, to become a rivulet, then a brook, then a stream, then a river, then a delta which meets the sea. A conversation which requires deepening introspection and a lot of attention to articulate. A talk which is practice in itself, orderly and deliberate, so that one thought follows the next coherently rather than random mind blinking from thought to random thought. As one step proceeds from that preceding it, there is a place to begin, and direction to go, and the whole distance to be traversed.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95

How many thoughts invade your mind daily, most of them you don't give attention to anyway so it's a natural processes to take your attention off the majority.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:11 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Ok, I know people don't know what I'm talking about.

See what you did there?

Yes.

Nope. But I know you don't understand the relational dynamics, so there is nothing to do.

There was consent to the teacher/student relationship in that case.

That's a leading question, so I know what's going on here.

"... anything other than that true sense of ourselves that comes from another must be pure speculation agreed?"

They don't want to be in a student position.

So when you speak about nutrition to others are you speaking from a teacher position or not?

Does your position of knowledge on the subject put you on a high horse or not?

I have seen you rigorously debate with others about vegan stuff, so are you automatically teaching these others that disagree with you?

Did you ask for consent with these others when carrying on with speaking your knowings of such matters?

It's ridiculous to hold a position that others are not consenting to be taught because I am asking these dudes questions..

The teaching is in the questioning, but questioning is part of the proceedings when there is disagreements in regards to how you see things.

Hiding behind this pompous attitude speaks volumes.

If you or anyone else wants to say I am incorrect about there 'is only what you are' then be open to questioning or don't bother to exercise your will by saying I am incorrect in the first place..

This again, just shows me where another is at ..

It's like, saying their peace and then sticking your fingers in your ears because one hasn't the decency to hear what another has to say ..

This is why you have to be attentive to how others behave and react, when questioned about their beliefs ..

x daz x