Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-12-2010, 09:08 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
yap yap yap lol ... every time I read that paragraph it makes me laugh lol ...

On a more serious note though Tzu ... why do you feel that others cant accept the actuality of Its truth .. I guess what I'm asking is what is it you are observing here on the forums which suggests that others are not 'getting' it? I agree it isn't hard to find repetitive discussions as people try, among others things, to find some common ground/understanding with each other but yeah, just interested in exactly what you are observing which tells you there is excessive resistance to what is?
Hi Kate: What i see is so little attention to the existing tangible Life, the same tangible Life that affords the possibility to imagine the intangible beliefs people cling to while claiming to be unattached to the 'body-mind, yap, yap, yap.. People are inextricably attached to their body-mind, and yet find every excuse to imply otherwise.. i watch as people change their claims of belief simply to gain an advantage in discussions..

I've long had the awareness that so many of these 'Spiritual' beliefs have been around for thousands of years, and yet humanity shows no reward for the believing.. more than 70% of the planet's population claims to believe in 'God' or a belief system that preaches about helping others, a belief system that should improve the Human Condition.. aside from the usual 'i can feel a change' crowd, there is little or no evidence that the condition of the Human Spirit is improving, neither is there much evidence that the well-being of human physical existence is improving, either.. more troubling than that, is the inclination of well-regarded guru types to imply that the physical existence is unimportant.. the evidence is that this physical existence, our individual physical bodies, are the vehicles through which 'we/us/Life' is able or capable of understanding the conceptualizations that speak those concepts that disparage the physical existence.. the same concepts that accuse those who do not agree with the Spiritual Belief Du Jour of 'identifying with their thoughts', as if that's a 'bad thing'.. it is those very same thoughts and imaginations that have guided the guru types to their Onenesses..

Life, and our physical participation, is the stage upon which everyone has crafted their understandings, beliefs, memories, opinions, etc.. this individuality is essential to the understanding of>>>>>>> What????? concepts? Does no one else find it difficult to have a conversation where words are revised to mean different things to different people and different beliefs? Does no one else find it difficult to have a conversation where contradictions and inconsistencies are blamed on the observers inability to understand? further, that such contradictions and inconsistencies should be expected, because it's 'Spiritual'? Why is it that when the questions are asked, seeking clarification of the contradictions and inconsistencies, the questioner is rebuked? Why are intangible concepts favored over tangible and substantive actualities?

We are physically existing on a planet in decline, all of its inhabitants suffering due to the misappropriation of resources by a single species, Humanity.. we, as the participants in the Human Experience, experience daily the effects of our 'Spiritual' beliefs.. we see the evidence of thousands of years of Faith, Belief, reward and punishment, detachment, non-attachment, the great religions and the lesser religions.. and we continue to pursue that which is 'indescribable', why? That which IS describable, which IS quantifiable, which IS mutable, which we CAN change, is right here, right now.. why do people escape to their mind's beliefs when the actualities of Life are not as they wish they were? That's what i see, Kate.. nobody willing to make a difference, everybody wanting to 'talk' about it, yapping incessantly, saying the same thing infinite numbers of ways, "I don't want to be responsible".. running to their favorite guru or self-help advisor for support, to show everyone why they shouldn't participate fully and completely in the only sure thing they have: This Life, right now..

Hybrid can't understand the value of 'isness', and so mocks me for my use of the concept.. 'isness' is what something 'is', not how anyone feels about what it 'is'.. stillness and isness are the elements of experience that result in clarity, though clarity may not be what some people desire.. 'isness' is always the existent condition, then we yap about it, tell stories about it, and sometimes get angry because it doesn't support what we believe about it.. it is the clarity of stillness that reveals isness.. i'm not "anti" anyone, hybrid.. i simply challenge inconsistencies and contradictions and you don't like it.. all i ask is clarification

So yep, i get it.. this is a 'Spiritual Forum', no one wants to deal with physical issues, as if they are separate and disconnected.. your 'Spiritual' issues are mirrored in the decline of the existence in which you are manifested.. so, enjoy the 'Spiritual Life', and be sure to tell your suffering brothers and sisters how to be free from suffering.. or which beliefs will feed their starving children.. or which mantra will ease the aches in their hands as they make our designer clothing for pennies a day.. I suppose that i had believed this was a Forum where prople understood that Spirituality was evident in Physicality.. that your beliefs are evidenced by your deeds, that 'Love' would be practiced, not talked into extinction..

Be well..

PS: Yes, i understand that my reply is not "Spiritually Correct", so please.. make yourselves feel better at my expense, it's the least i can do after such horrid behavior..
Old 28-12-2010, 09:22 PM
Master
What i see is so little attention to the existing tangible Life...TZU

Can you see that this could be an assumption and misunderstanding based on your own take on what is being said?
It may not be in some cases as it seems to me that we humans can become such that we have a "need" to escape the tangible and replace them with ideologies but it may be in other cases that the things talked about here that you are struggling with because you assume they take attention away from life, actually do just the opposite.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Master
Cool passion and sincerity there Tzu.

Im not going to try and address everything you said, but in my opinion, until we each take responsibility for our inner world, the outer world is not going to fundamentally change. I dont agree that many over the course of history have taken responsibility for their inner world, and I think this is why the world has been consumed by the human locust.

These days there are a whole lot of people taking responsibility for their inner world, which I see as a silent revolution. Its not going to make the news. But I agree with what Einstein said when he said that a problem cannot be solved at the level of consciousness at which it was created, and I think taking responsibility for our inner world IS the shift in consciousness required for the world to change. I see each of us who is taking responsibility as tending to a small inner candle of light, and this little flame needs to be looked after until its strong enough to stay alight in the wind. Our flame enables other waiting candles to catch light. Then we have a bonfire. Soon we have an inferno.

Thats how I see it. We will see I guess.
Old 28-12-2010, 09:32 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

Can you see that this could be an assumption and misunderstanding based on your own take on what is being said?
It may not be in some cases as it seems to me that we humans can become such that we have a "need" to escape the tangible and replace them with ideologies but it may be in other cases that the things talked about here that you are struggling with because you assume they take attention away from life, actually do just the opposite.
I see it. i even look for it. WS.. i even test to see if my perceptions are valid.. something like: "We are both One AND many".. i am pleased when someone agrees. i am hopeful that the balance will spread.. often, though, there is agreement followed by a "but".. and this is where i am told it sounds good, "but".. and we end-up with threads deteriorating like this one.. i will be posting much less, now that i am clear on the intentions of the participants..

Be well..
Old 28-12-2010, 11:21 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Tzu- So yep, i get it.. this is a 'Spiritual Forum', no one wants to deal with physical issues, as if they are separate and disconnected.. your 'Spiritual' issues are mirrored in the decline of the existence in which you are manifested.. so, enjoy the 'Spiritual Life', and be sure to tell your suffering brothers and sisters how to be free from suffering.. or which beliefs will feed their starving children.. or which mantra will ease the aches in their hands as they make our designer clothing for pennies a day.. I suppose that i had believed this was a Forum where prople understood that Spirituality was evident in Physicality.. that your beliefs are evidenced by your deeds, that 'Love' would be practiced, not talked into extinction..

I agree with the essence of this, Tzu. If you're talking truth and not feeding that hungry dog, not helping that man who needs an ear to listen to him, not carrying an old woman's bag of groceries, not doing and taking action when it comes, not coming from the heart when it says "Love!" then your truth floats on top of the sea, with no substance, no life, no reality.

The physical may ultimately be an illusion, but it is also God. All is sacred, and that little snake on the road, sunbathing, is taken off the road and put in a safer place- because you love.
Old 28-12-2010, 11:55 PM
Master
Thank you sincerely for your response Tzu. I feel I need to clarify that the amusement I expressed in my initial post to you was simply the use of the phrase 'Stop Yapping' which reminded me of that delightful story of the Buddhist monks who break their silence during meditation to ask about the prayer flags flapping ... I am sure you are familiar with it ... as for the question, like all questions, it provided the opportunity for more clarity.

Enough said … you have provided much to be contemplated … I for one would be extremely disappointed to see you post less … your absence would leave a gaping hole ...
Old 29-12-2010, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
Let me try and give you my answer. IMO, there is a present inability to see or understand the truth. WE think in certain patterns which we could call a mindset and our mindset has been inculturated into us from the very first day of our existence.
Accepting the truth requires a different and uncommon mindset. The truth is not cumulative, or gradual, it is disruptive. It cannot be integrated into our present mindset. It can only be acquired by adopting the necessary 'process mindset', but that has serious implications for every person which are not necessarily known but felt. This leads to being suspicious and wary, i.e. the a priori rejection of the new mindset.

we see in part. that's all.

Old 29-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman

yes. if we only spend a little time in t he SF sneaking from our offices to make some hasty replies, how can tzu can say or judged how one lived his life. the guy barely knew me and he already made up his mind that i am indifferent to life.

Old 29-12-2010, 01:45 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
yes. if we only spend a little time in t he SF sneaking from our offices to make some hasty replies, how can tzu can say or judged how one lived his life. the guy barely knew me and he already made up his mind that i am indifferent to life.
You are quite mistaken, hybrid.. every poster here posts as a redefined and curiously new poster each time they post, from 'my' perspective.. that you redefine yourself consistently in a particular way is not anything i anticipate, it is revealed as i read in stillness..
'the guy' simply looks at the evidence presented, by you.. and, no, i did not 'make my mind up' that you are anything.. you felt guilty about the evidence of your own posts, judged yourself, and then blamed me to avoid accepting responsibility for your own creation.. i'm truly sorry it worked out like that for you, but you need to move on, i am not your enemy.. you are.

Be well..
Old 29-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Master
Gee Bob.... Think you could be any more condescending? hmmm

Xan