Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 21-03-2014, 10:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I would say any related word is not a good description lols, especially when relating to beyond thought / mind . My understandings on emptiness / nothingness stemmed from the wording of CSEe in order to relate to his line of thought to emphasise that there is 'no something/someone' present beyond, I think there can be a merry dance had if one associates nothingness or emptiness as being something haha .

Going back to your thoughts I would agree that there is awareness in mind within emptiness for as long as the self is present awareness will be .

Beyond mind there is no self and I have an understanding that beyond self there is no awareness . Some may say there is awareness of awareness and that is what one is beyond mind ..

That doesn't sit with me . The awareness of self is not present beyond self .

I don't perceive self as awareness although within mind self cannot 'be' without it's presence ..

There are a few that have mentioned in the past that what we are is likened to electricity and I would agree, awareness is not likened to electricity .

I have opened up a can of worms me thinks ..

x daz x

All I can say or share is I indisputably awaken to aware space and on fact there is no other awareness, there is just different perspectives and that is what is so amazingly simple yet hard to see, that what is looking is what it is looking for. It is not the eyes that see or the ears that hear.....or the mind that is aware.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Guide

I agree that everything is Buddha. Also everything is the Christ consciousness, God, Reality, the Absolute, the Goddess etc..

"Split a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift a stone, and you will find me there." Gospel of St. Thomas.
Old 21-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacity
that what is looking is what it is looking for.

Yes I can relate to that, and I would say within mind this is the only environment where this scenario can play it's self out to some kind of conclusion .

The conscious awareness aspects of self within mind allows the realization of such to happen .. beyond the self there is no one to know, no self to discover, no-thing to be aware of not even being aware of awareness, and no realizations etc ..

I think it is difficult to entertain the notion that what we are isn't anything because in mind we are supposedly something and thats only where anyone can really come from with any understanding .

Thanks for the chat cap .

x daz x
Old 21-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I agree that different vantage points had in regards to our perspective can broaden our horizons so if one can perceive the same thing through many view points then it's possible that many view points had can change or add or detract one's understandings of how their house is constructed for example . On the flip side one can spend eternity looking at self in infinite ways but the self will remain the same self regardless .

The mind houses emotion and the intellect but beyond emotion and beyond the intellect one can still perceive .. to remain in perception one will remain in mind .

Perhaps emotion of one self is greatly influenced by knowledge / culture / faith so beyond emotion perhaps is realization of all the causes of emotion and this will lead into freedom of attachment of emotion ...therefore beyond emotion is emptiness and one will have nothing , no desire for anything .....

I would agree that emptiness or nothingness (as well as everything) depending on how one relates to everything is beyond mind I am not sure what you mean about Buddhism is the process further into nothingness ...

Where is there further to go within nothingness ..

x daz x

As I currently understand base on Buddhism concept , Buddhism is a process back into nothingness ......perhaps nothingness is end of existence , perhaps not but it will never be my current interest
Old 21-03-2014, 05:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart
In all of the emotions and human culture you have kindly mentioned above as desire greed ego etc, stem from one source..... thought,

there is the divine thought of all of creation seen and not seen, this is whole and completely perfect in its manifesting, Buddha nature at its best,

then there is the thoughts of man, only "part" whole and mostly imperfect, so any play of words we write here will be "part" truth and imperfectly understood,

Buddhism is the separation from imperfection to perfection, from mind to no more mind, from thought to no more thought, from love to no more love, from ego to no more ego from desire to no more desire from Buddhism to no more Buddhism, all of this is of course partly and imperfectly understood my the nature of mans thinking

when I imply the term "no more" I do not mean they are discarded permanently only that they are seen as a transition from imperfection to perfection, Buddhism is just a word, what it implies is still a thought of something we have yet to define with our limiting mind

perhaps I could agree with you on basic understanding of Buddhism......but your words seems to me carry so much 'desire" ......example ' from love to no more love, from ego to no more ego from desire to no more desire '.....yes that perhaps is the basic knowledge ...but awaken to Buddhism such changes is never caused by knowledge or suffering or emotion ...but is by self realization
Old 21-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
perhaps I could agree with you on basic understanding of Buddhism......but your words seems to me carry so much 'desire" ......example ' from love to no more love, from ego to no more ego from desire to no more desire '.....yes that perhaps is the basic knowledge ...but awaken to Buddhism such changes is never caused by knowledge or suffering or emotion ...but is by self realization

Only the mind will seek to create the "idea" that Buddhism is complex, this is the nature of mind, a fickle mind will always play its tricks on us

realisation of self is simple and profound so basic understanding of Buddhism is all that's needed. If it was complex or hard to do then would anyone get its profound meanings? is not your own unique basic understanding of Buddhism the first and most important step you took to self realisation, Basic to me means to go back to my beginnings or foundations of my own understandings, it also has meaning when I over question or over criticise

To have "desire" in this world is neither right nor wrong, is neither good nor bad, no judgment is placed upon them, the word "desire" is just but a stepping stone to something greater as is love, ego etc, each of these can be seen as transient in there natural state
so in Buddhism they are considered impermanent, they are the "basic" building blocks or stepping stones to self-realization, without them there is no comparing them to your own unique experiences
Old 22-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Only the mind will seek to create the "idea" that Buddhism is complex, this is the nature of mind, a fickle mind will always play its tricks on us

realisation of self is simple and profound so basic understanding of Buddhism is all that's needed. If it was complex or hard to do then would anyone get its profound meanings? is not your own unique basic understanding of Buddhism the first and most important step you took to self realisation, Basic to me means to go back to my beginnings or foundations of my own understandings, it also has meaning when I over question or over criticise

To have "desire" in this world is neither right nor wrong, is neither good nor bad, no judgment is placed upon them, the word "desire" is just but a stepping stone to something greater as is love, ego etc, each of these can be seen as transient in there natural state
so in Buddhism they are considered impermanent, they are the "basic" building blocks or stepping stones to self-realization, without them there is no comparing them to your own unique experiences

Perhaps there is some differences here , in my current view "to have desire" will leading to creation of more emotion ..........and this path will leading to longer journey for self realization / freedom of that emotion .......perhaps emotion is not a building blocks / stepping stone to self-realization ..........self realization perhaps is a condition that beyond influenced by emotion ...is just like getting out from the house and notice from outside ...not imagine the house from inside .........
Old 22-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Perhaps there is some differences here , in my current view "to have desire" will leading to creation of more emotion ..........and this path will leading to longer journey for self realization / freedom of that emotion .......perhaps emotion is not a building blocks / stepping stone to self-realization ..........self realization perhaps is a condition that beyond influenced by emotion ...is just like getting out from the house and notice from outside ...not imagine the house from inside .........

smile...... now I see why you would say I seem to have a lot of desire in my wording.

I have the opportunity in England to cross paths with very beautiful women, given a chance would I desire after them? no. Why? because they are reflections (key word here) of what is hidden in my own mind, the following well known saying says this very clear, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I become a beholder of beauty, the lesson of desire on this occasion has been learnt and no more do I seek to find it in women. now you have desire for power, more money, for control ... the list is endless

ps I personally don't desire for anything other than to express the divinity within, it is a waste of my energy to do so otherwise

I think somewhere here we are slightly at crossed words in our own understandings of self realisation here, as I see it we all still proceed towards self realisation but from a different point of perspective, lol that's quite interesting
Old 22-03-2014, 05:09 AM
Master
Quote:
smile...... now I see why you would say I seem to have a lot of desire in my wording.

I have the opportunity in England to cross paths with very beautiful women, given a chance would I desire after them? no. Why? because they are reflections (key word here) of what is hidden in my own mind, the following well known saying says this very clear, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" I become a beholder of beauty, the lesson of desire on this occasion has been learnt and no more do I seek to find it in women. now you have desire for power, more money, for control ... the list is endless

ps I personally don't desire for anything other than to express the divinity within, it is a waste of my energy to do so otherwise

I think somewhere here we are slightly at crossed words in our own understandings of self realisation here, as I see it we all still proceed towards self realisation but from a different point of perspective, lol that's quite interesting

In my current understanding of Buddhism concept , "desire " is an emotion same as others ...desire is very-very genenal words , desire to go for something or desire to attached on knowledge or desire to avoid doing something because of knowledge ..or desire not to have desire.........Buddhism is realization of emotion , is not something that we could plan or practices ....perhaps one just living in the moment awake , aware and just flowing into life .......
Old 22-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Quote:
In my current understanding of Buddhism concept , "desire " is an emotion same as others ...desire is very-very genenal words , desire to go for something or desire to attached on knowledge or desire to avoid doing something because of knowledge ..or desire not to have desire.........Buddhism is realization of emotion , is not something that we could plan or practices ....perhaps one just living in the moment awake , aware and just flowing into life .......

It is desire that put you on the path of your present understanding of Buddhism, you said this yourself... "desire " is an emotion""

Self realisation is attained by understanding the true nature of desire, again you are kind enough to point this out above.... "Buddhism is realization of emotion"

As you associate desire with emotion then all emotional content becomes a transient lesson towards enlightenment through correct view, correct thinking, correct action. etc