Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Individuality isn't just ''the mind'', you have more then a mind. Personality is an illusion, influenced by culture and outer stimuli. Individuality isn't. Individuality is what every creature has. Trees and animals are individual too, just because they don't think about it doesn't make their individuality go away.

at to what scale of magnification humans, trees and animals are individuals?

Old 06-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
at to what scale of magnification humans, trees and animals are individuals?

Every animal, human, tree etc. shows uniqueness and separateness.
I am one individual on earth. Not two, not three, not all. We see the world through our own eyes, have our own body and mind. My eyes are mine, they are not yours. If I die I might reincarnate, and again, that's me reincarnating, not you. People experience their own past lives, they aren't me or you in a past life. So the doer (individual) behind it is the same, otherwise we would all know one another instantly. But we don't, we are not all-knowing. Who this doer is, is another thing. But it's not personality.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Every animal, human, tree etc. shows uniqueness and separateness.
I am one individual on earth. Not two, not three, not all. We see the world through our own eyes, have our own body and mind. My eyes are mine, they are not yours. If I die I might reincarnate, and again, that's me reincarnating, not you. People experience their own past lives, they aren't me or you in a past life. So the doer (individual) behind it is the same, otherwise we would all know one another instantly. But we don't, we are not all-knowing. Who this doer is, is another thing. But it's not personality.

first you said this : "Individuality isn't just ''the mind'', you have more then a mind."

then this : "If I die I might reincarnate, and again, that's me reincarnating, not you. People experience their own past lives, they aren't me or you in a past life".

in the former above, you said that individuality composed both the mind and the body. then on the latter you implied that when the individual body goes, the individuality of your mind remains.

is that correct?

Old 06-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
in the former above, you said that individuality composed both the mind and the body. then on the latter you implied that when the individual body goes, the individuality of your mind remains.

is that correct?
I'm saying that there is a doer (individual) behind or in every human, animal, tree etc.

To your question I say: Yes, I believe the mind still exists after the body dies. Likely not in any way we are used to though. But we will still have thoughts, doubts, desires.
I don't believe individuality is gone after death. Personality will shrink bit by bit. If reincarnation is true, then we will remain individual.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Suspended
I'm really curious...
If God has a personality, which one is it, lol:
(from the "Color Code" book)
- Red (want power, to be right, to hide insecurities tightly, leadership)
- Blue (want intimacy, to be good, to reveal insecurities, to be understood)
- White (want peace, to feel good inside, to please others, protection)
- Yellow (want fun, to look good, to be praised, freedom, playful adventure)

While we're analyzing this all-knowing God we don't know much about...
Let's consider other human being aspects of God too, why don't we, lol ...

1. Age/Development (How old & how developmental mature is God?)
2. Sex (Is God Male or Female)
3. Opportunity (esp. $ - or whatever monetary system God uses)
4. Health/Genes
5. Talents
6. Personal Development/Self Management (Character/Maturity)
7. Thinking Patterns/Psychology
- Self Esteem
- Others Esteem/Relation to others
- Birth/Sibling Order & Family Dynamics
- Cultural/Religous beliefs
- Experiences
8. Temperament: (each on a spectrum...)
- Activity
- Regularity
- Adaptability
- Persistence
- Sensitivity

My point is...What is my point? lol
I believe that God is beyond comprehension & asigning him/her characteristics is only a reflection of us (as mentioned by others here)...
Someone on this forum said, something like "All we need to know about God is love."
Old 06-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Master
My belief was that the personality sprang from the source. That each personality is a facet of God. That is how deep I thought the personality goes.

To me it is like each personality is a microcosm of Gods absolute personality.

God is a sea of character and personality of which we are just drops.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Master
Clever Perspective

and I like ~
Quote:
Someone on this forum said, something like "All we need to know about God is love."

I'm not sure of my point anymore either, Perspective! BUT I do know that I guess maybe my childish heart wants to believe that hey, if God loves us, I wouldn't want to love a god that doesn't have a personality of some sort. He's been described in the old testament as being an angry and vengeful god, and so on and so forth. So, I'm not sure why some people want to yank away god's personality when nobody really 'knows' if he has one or not. I don't think the little children would wanna come to him if he didn't have any personality and charisma. It would seem to me that whoever wrote the bible describes "God" in such a way and describing God's traits to discipline mankind and 'move' men to do His will...

Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
My belief was that the personality sprang from the source. That each personality is a facet of God. That is how deep I thought the personality goes.

To me it is like each personality is a microcosm of Gods absolute personality.

I think that's beautiful, Honza!

Old 06-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
That makes sense, Honza... & a good way to put it.
I was taught that God is my everyone's spiritual/Heavenly Father & Mother, so I've wondered if the sum total of everyone is God.
Old 06-11-2010, 04:05 PM
Master
I think most children would say that God definitely does have a personality, but us cynical adults may say He does not. Life wears away our innocence and wonder.

Life is hard. It teaches us that God does not exist..... sigh.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.