Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

View Poll Results: is 11.11. just numbers with no meaning?
yes 21 9.59%
no 157 71.69%
not sure 41 18.72%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2010, 05:31 PM
star-child

I'm surprised nobody has replied here today - 11/11/2010 !

Love & Light, Sophie.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:59 PM
sleepyamethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-child
I'm surprised nobody has replied here today - 11/11/2010 !

Love & Light, Sophie.

maybe it was a little too obvious lol
Old 13-11-2010, 10:01 PM
ESP_dreamr

Even the most hardened skeptics won't argue that this Universe is Math.

There are certain numbers that have a profound meaning.

Pi, the Golden Ratio, and also the number 11.

I see 11:11 as an expression of reassurance and solidarity from our higher selves. Kind of like a "hang in there, we are with you".

It has a direct connection to 2012 in my belief.

PS: Check out my (re)join date for SF.
Old 14-11-2010, 03:07 PM
sleepyamethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESP_dreamr
Even the most hardened skeptics won't argue that this Universe is Math.

There are certain numbers that have a profound meaning.

Pi, the Golden Ratio, and also the number 11.

I see 11:11 as an expression of reassurance and solidarity from our higher selves. Kind of like a "hang in there, we are with you".

It has a direct connection to 2012 in my belief.

PS: Check out my (re)join date for SF.

hee hee :)
Old 15-11-2010, 02:57 AM
Master
as 33 is the number of numbers for me, i tend to see 11:22, 12:21, more; but lately in the last few weeks or so 11:11 has popped up more than usual. Different numbers cycle through. Im not sure what they mean, but they seem to come in bunches at a time. I have hunches of what they may represent, beyond that, i don't analyse them too much, just pay attention.

I always think that if you consider what is going on in your life when you see a certain number a lot, then that has something to do with the vibe of them. In that way, maybe discerning what the sign or message is, (if there is one that is) is possible.

Not sure whether i really believe in some of the numerology systems out there or not though. I figure maybe certain numbers, even archetypes in general can be of a personal come uppance, so to speak, or for example, like the owl seems to be, it can be one that is also coming up for many people all at the same time, like a signal from the collective unconscious coming through to the collective human/planetary consciousness, for those that recognize them at least.
Old 15-11-2010, 03:20 PM
sleepyamethyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deusdrum
as 33 is the number of numbers for me, i tend to see 11:22, 12:21, more; but lately in the last few weeks or so 11:11 has popped up more than usual. Different numbers cycle through. Im not sure what they mean, but they seem to come in bunches at a time. I have hunches of what they may represent, beyond that, i don't analyse them too much, just pay attention.

I always think that if you consider what is going on in your life when you see a certain number a lot, then that has something to do with the vibe of them. In that way, maybe discerning what the sign or message is, (if there is one that is) is possible.

Not sure whether i really believe in some of the numerology systems out there or not though. I figure maybe certain numbers, even archetypes in general can be of a personal come uppance, so to speak, or for example, like the owl seems to be, it can be one that is also coming up for many people all at the same time, like a signal from the collective unconscious coming through to the collective human/planetary consciousness, for those that recognize them at least.

thanks for your opinion :)
Old 15-11-2010, 04:23 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyamethyst

As a practicing Numerologist with some 30-plus years experience, I can tell you it is a marvelous system... a tool given us for self awareness and growth. I was taught by master Numerologist Matthew Goodwin, whose story is quite interesting. He was a M.I.T. honors graduate who worked as an architect. One of his jobs in the firm in which he worked was hiring new applicants. He relied heavily on the advice of his secretary, who always seemed to zero in on people and make the right recommendations. One day after ten years with the firm, she announced she was leaving for a new and better job opportunity. Matthew was happy for her, but expressed his concerns about knowing who to hire without her valuable input. She paused for a moment, then asked with a twinkle in her eye, "Want to know how I've been doing it?" He replied in the affirmative, whereupon she proceeded to introduce him to the field of Numerology! He was a very scientific sort of guy... brilliant!... and would have scoffed at the whole idea of it had he not seen it work for some ten-odd years! It was kismet. He began studying everything he could get his hands on on the subject, and it was only a matter of time before he was practicing this wonderful discipline and art. He found it flawless, and over a period of some years he gradually moved away from architecture altogether and became a full time practitioner of Numerology. We met when I read his books and wrote to query him on some things. He responded, and a friendship was launched that lasted for the rest of his natural life. He was my mentor, I his student. I learned much at his feet. His wife and my husband got on well also, and we enjoyed several couple visits from them over the course of our burgeoning friendship. I am not sure where Numerology came from (though it is my suspicion it was "brought" here from elsewhere in the cosmos!), but I do know that while nothing can define an individual or their life course, you CAN learn a tremendous amount about someone (OR yourself!) through the use of Numerology. It's how you USE the energies that make the difference I'm so grateful to have found this method of studying people and revealing to them what many faceted jewels they truly are!
Old 15-11-2010, 04:55 PM
star-child

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
As a practicing Numerologist with some 30-plus years experience, I can tell you it is a marvelous system... a tool given us for self awareness and growth. I was taught by master Numerologist Matthew Goodwin, whose story is quite interesting. He was a M.I.T. honors graduate who worked as an architect. One of his jobs in the firm in which he worked was hiring new applicants. He relied heavily on the advice of his secretary, who always seemed to zero in on people and make the right recommendations. One day after ten years with the firm, she announced she was leaving for a new and better job opportunity. Matthew was happy for her, but expressed his concerns about knowing who to hire without her valuable input. She paused for a moment, then asked with a twinkle in her eye, "Want to know how I've been doing it?" He replied in the affirmative, whereupon she proceeded to introduce him to the field of Numerology! He was a very scientific sort of guy... brilliant!... and would have scoffed at the whole idea of it had he not seen it work for some ten-odd years! It was kismet. He began studying everything he could get his hands on on the subject, and it was only a matter of time before he was practicing this wonderful discipline and art. He found it flawless, and over a period of some years he gradually moved away from architecture altogether and became a full time practitioner of Numerology. We met when I read his books and wrote to query him on some things. He responded, and a friendship was launched that lasted for the rest of his natural life. He was my mentor, I his student. I learned much at his feet. His wife and my husband got on well also, and we enjoyed several couple visits from them over the course of our burgeoning friendship. I am not sure where Numerology came from (though it is my suspicion it was "brought" here from elsewhere in the cosmos!), but I do know that while nothing can define an individual or their life course, you CAN learn a tremendous amount about someone (OR yourself!) through the use of Numerology. It's how you USE the energies that make the difference I'm so grateful to have found this method of studying people and revealing to them what many faceted jewels they truly are!

Wow thanks for sharing, I'm tempted to get my hands on a numerology book now. I have always been drawn to certain numbers and until very recently I thought numbers were just a man-made thing, with no real meaning. As someone mentioned above, Phi really got me thinking about numbers, I first heard about it in Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code.
Old 15-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Master
Hi,

In the Kryon material, it always speaks highly about the field of Numerology.

In book 12 about DNA, it makes frequent references using this science.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 15-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart

LightFilledHeart-that was actually a quote from my post, anyways, i have dabbled in a bit of it, there is also the kabbala system, having to do with numbers=letters etc. etc.

For me personally speaking, i have a rough idea what a number means to me, from the sense i get from it energy wise, dependent on the given situation. I find this much more useful to me then being fed information telling what this or that number "means" as it tends to bias my beliefs.

There may well be a universal system of sorts, but i have actually had from personal experience been negatively influenced by others interpretations of numbers and, as i see certain numbers in a syncronistic sense fairly frequently, it has i feel been much more of a hindrance (very much so in one case) than a help to 'know' what a number means. But that is just my personal opinion based on experience. Not to take anything away from numerology or any form of it that one may choose to work with.

I'd liken to a 'dream dictionary' where so much of the experience of dreaming is personal and subjective, it would, IMO be more beneficial to keep a dream journal, and over time, interpret your own dreams according to what meanings they reveal themselves to have to you.

Love numbers though either way. I do think that maybe exposing oneself to other interpretations may be helpful, or interesting, but to take it with a grain of salt and go by our intuitive/instinctual impressions above all else. And of course i am not well versed in any particular system, though more so in the tarot/kabalah than anything, but not much even there, so i am no expert on anything.

P.E.A.C.E. ~