Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn

What is it that a Medium works with, well the essence of whom a person was....

And that's the shadow that I'm referring to... a person is a concept of themselves... what you are relating to is essentially how a person thought of themselves... and how a person thinks of them self is subject to the framework of each life time.... but that's not what a "soul" is... our soul is outside this network and is not defined by the passing images of a lifetime, or two, or a thousand... if we're dealing with an individual "on the other side" we are not dealing with the soul... we're dealing with the story that was created for the benefit of the soul.... the story itself is transient... our lifetime is one of those stories... we are transient... at some point we re-awaken to our soul... but not in such a way that our current definition of self would recognize...
Old 05-03-2013, 04:42 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I can see how you could view it this way.... when it comes to words and reasoning we can mush around clumsily in all sorts of wet swamps. :^)

Here's what I'm trying to do while I'm writing about this... many years ago I saw something... I interpret this experience as my "being in the presence of my soul" because while there, there was no ambiguity... you simply can't be in the presence of your soul and not know that this is what it is.... I am it, and it is me... only I'm being defined and it isn't...

So when I write you about this I'm trying to highlight the distinction between what it is for us to be "soul", and then what it is for us to be "here". Most of what is being interpreted as "soul communication" is actually a more humanized expression of a soul... and not really the soul itself. When mediums communicate with the "other side" they are likely communicating with humanized shadows, abit at a higher vibration, and then mistaking this for the soul itself... So trying to define the soul based on these images would leave us thinking that the soul would have issues that are ones we can relate to... in essence, this would be like a kindergarten child watching a first grader, then trying to use this to describe what an adult is.

In a really dark way... our souls are behind the things that ail us... the spirits that cross over are not what a soul is.... In many cases these crossed over spirits are just as lost as we are... a crossed-over spirit is not the soul...the soul itself defines our challenges.... meaning they put us through hell on purpose... a challenge is another word for hardship.. what I'm attempting to point out is that our soul is not what folks have been describing as soul... mediums are mostly playing with shadows... should the "soul" itself enter in any perceptible way, then the resulting shock waves would break apart what we think of as "matter"...

I am in no way questioning your experience, but it is 'your' experience and your interpretation of your experience.......It does not mean that it was 'the' experience or that it should define spirit for everyone.....spirit is energy--spirit is conscienseness--spirit can manifest as they see fit, as ectoplasm, as an orb, as sparkly lights, as a persona from a past life or in their currant ethereal body.... those are 'my' experiences.......
Old 05-03-2013, 05:09 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanita
I am in no way questioning your experience, but it is 'your' experience and your interpretation of your experience.......It does not mean that it was 'the' experience or that it should define spirit for everyone.....spirit is energy--spirit is conscienseness--spirit can manifest as they see fit, as ectoplasm, as an orb, as sparkly lights, as a persona from a past life or in their currant ethereal body.... those are 'my' experiences.......
Okay, lets go with that... I can tell that this is important to you that this be settled in this way... :^)
Old 08-03-2013, 05:18 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Okay, lets go with that... I can tell that this is important to you that this be settled in this way... :^)

I thought I responded to this last night--scratches head----but yes Stephen, it is very important to me.........for me, it is definitely settled......thanks for the exchange........
Old 10-03-2013, 11:13 PM
Irish Princess

Angel1

I talk to deceased angels everyday I have been threw the walk in process as forgive husband I feel you will find him threw a spiritual person I found my ex partner threw the spiritual realm after his death twelve years ago I'm yearning to understand so so much he is guiding me to my soulmate all I did was work with a pendulum love and light
Old 11-03-2013, 12:46 AM
Pinkroses

Has anyone ever strongly felt the presence of a deceased person? Like you are overcome by an overwhelming sense of love and peace, and you feel a chill and goosebumps over your entire body. I had this happen recently for about 5 minutes straight. It was very bizarre and amazing! I have never felt anything like that in my life.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkroses
Has anyone ever strongly felt the presence of a deceased person? Like you are overcome by an overwhelming sense of love and peace, and you feel a chill and goosebumps over your entire body. I had this happen recently for about 5 minutes straight. It was very bizarre and amazing! I have never felt anything like that in my life.
Hi, Pinkroses. This is happened a few times in waking life, and I swore it was my beloved dog, Chevy, a few times ... and lately, I've felt my Dad come to me.

Two nights ago I saw my Dad in a dream and it was wonderful - I said in a happy voice, "Hi, Dad!" And he held his arms open and said, "Hello my girl" ... and he kissed my cheek with a big smooch! It was so tactile - the feel of it and the sound of it - that it woke me up and my cheek was tingling like it had just been kissed by someone with scratchy ole whiskers! This has been the strongest afterlife connection I've had in my life so far... and a truly happy one!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator
Ravenpoet, that is a beautiful contact with your Dad! I am so happy for you

Yes I know when my dog visits me from the spirit world, she does often. I get a sudden "rush" of her affection and her character, it's quite unmistakable. It always makes me so full of joy and a peacefulness. Her love is now so strong. She's still 'herself' but with more focused love energy. She's the only one who does visit me. Bless her lovely Soul.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:05 AM
deepsea

I also read somewhere that new comers to a spirit world may need training in passing messages through to us. There are those who have passed are highly spiritual compared to those who not know that life after death exists.
Imagine their surprise when they learn that they can pass loving messages to us still in the physical world.

Deepsea
Old 12-03-2013, 01:14 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Ravenpoet, that is a beautiful contact with your Dad! I am so happy for you

Yes I know when my dog visits me from the spirit world, she does often. I get a sudden "rush" of her affection and her character, it's quite unmistakable. It always makes me so full of joy and a peacefulness. Her love is now so strong. She's still 'herself' but with more focused love energy. She's the only one who does visit me. Bless her lovely Soul.
Hi, Tobi. Thanks for sharing my joy about contact from my Dad with me. Yay!

I think that's so amazing that you can sense your dog's "character". Wow, what a bond you two must have had in this physical life ... and now it continues with her being in her new form. Another Yay!