Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Neville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrastorm
Ultimately it is up to the individual to choose whether they perceive reality from a perspective where they feel they are:

Victims or Responsible for all in their perceived reality
Influenced by outside forces or the Creator of experience
Subject to Polarity and Relativity or Understand and Change undesired aspects.
To see evil and darkness, or to see past the illusion to the core where there is only light
To be subjugated by negative experiences or see opportunity in them
To trudge along and experience whatever is thrown at you or understand that you may choose another option.

If only life were that simple. People who suffer from a mental illness and chemical inhibitions in the Brain , sure as heck do not choose to be a sufferer of mental illness.

Good information about the types of Guides though.
Old 30-08-2012, 12:14 PM
Experiencer
What I have shared of my understanding and experience is merely a perspective. If it isn't something you resonate with there is nothing wrong with that. What I have shared does not negate your experiences, I merely present a reason for why they happen. I have experienced much of what you are saying however I just have a different understanding as to WHY and because of this understanding have changed the circumstances of events that occur in my spiritual experience. There are no established forms outlining the reasons particular events to occur? That would be impossible as there are too many variables to consider.

No one has said you are wrong, no one has said that your conclusions are wrong. Just because I present a different perspective it doesn't make it a divine mandate. You are not required to follow or accept my perspective if you do not resonate with it, that would be ridiculous! It would be arrogant of me to deem your perspective as wrong. You share what you know, as we are all entitled to share what we know. My understanding differs to yours which is to be expected as we have experienced differently which has guided us to different understanding.

By the way I have no wish to turn attention to you, what for? What have you done? We were merely sharing perspectives, there were no intention to turn attention to anyone, why would I need to? You did nothing wrong..

You haven't heard of awakening or sub-conscious? But this is a Spiritual Forum! Where have you been? Are you not familiar with Metaphysical Terminologies? Wow!

Anyway, you do not need to explain yourself or argue your case for not agreeing with my perspective. It is entirely acceptable that you don't. If my perspective seems unproductive to you then ignore it! Stop looking at it and allowing it to bother you lol. We can't all expect to agree with one another.

I still can't get over that you haven't heard the term awakening! Amazing! Maybe we're all getting long in the tooth. If only the system didn't break down a couple of years ago and lose all our data and posts! We've lost some really great Material in there.

Have fun with your studies

"Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be"
CWG
Old 30-08-2012, 12:32 PM
Experiencer
It is sad, they do not consciously choose these things after all. However that list is written in the context of alternate approaches to those seeking understanding of particualr spiritual experiences. Of course a person with a mental illness is not at a level where they are seeking that kind of mastery of spirit. People may not consciously choose something however conscious choice is not the only choice. As you evolve spiritually you become aware that you have a body, a mind, a soul consciousness. Each with the ability to choose. Your body may choose to eat where your mind chooses to finish that book. Two different expressions of your consciousness making different choices. In addition the Soul can choose something we have absolutely no knowledge of. I did not consciously choose to be abused as a child, however I understand that this choice was made from a different level. There are reasons I chose to manifest this experience.

However now that I am at a level where I am aware of choice and levels of consciousness I can consciously choose less negative experience in my life, which I have been doing quite successfully for the past 7 years.

It's still sad though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
If only life were that simple. People who suffer from a mental illness and chemical inhibitions in the Brain , sure as heck do not choose to be a sufferer of mental illness.

"Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be"
CWG
Old 30-08-2012, 10:04 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraStorm
What I have shared of my understanding and experience is merely a perspective. If it isn't something you resonate with there is nothing wrong with that. What I have shared does not negate your experiences, I merely present a reason for why they happen. I have experienced much of what you are saying however I just have a different understanding as to WHY and because of this understanding have changed the circumstances of events that occur in my spiritual experience. There are no established forms outlining the reasons particular events to occur? That would be impossible as there are too many variables to consider.

No one has said you are wrong, no one has said that your conclusions are wrong. Just because I present a different perspective it doesn't make it a divine mandate. You are not required to follow or accept my perspective if you do not resonate with it, that would be ridiculous! It would be arrogant of me to deem your perspective as wrong. You share what you know, as we are all entitled to share what we know. My understanding differs to yours which is to be expected as we have experienced differently which has guided us to different understanding.

By the way I have no wish to turn attention to you, what for? What have you done? We were merely sharing perspectives, there were no intention to turn attention to anyone, why would I need to? You did nothing wrong..

You haven't heard of awakening or sub-conscious? But this is a Spiritual Forum! Where have you been? Are you not familiar with Metaphysical Terminologies? Wow!

Anyway, you do not need to explain yourself or argue your case for not agreeing with my perspective. It is entirely acceptable that you don't. If my perspective seems unproductive to you then ignore it! Stop looking at it and allowing it to bother you lol. We can't all expect to agree with one another.

I still can't get over that you haven't heard the term awakening! Amazing! Maybe we're all getting long in the tooth. If only the system didn't break down a couple of years ago and lose all our data and posts! We've lost some really great Material in there.

Have fun with your studies

You went to turn attention on me by asking questions and making presumptions that were incorrect. And exactly.. there are many variables to consider and you ignore quite a bit. Why shouldn't I point out flaws in your argument when there are others who may potentially take it to heart? There is no should or shouldn't. I do so because I care about this subject. One thing I should make clear is that I do not hold any idea/theory as being correct, but certain theories have discrepancies and therefore do not work to explain certain things.

There are semantical issues with the word "sub-conscious", even though many adopt that term (especially in new-age spirituality), and the term "awakening" is also too subjective and broad, and so I do not acknowledge those terms unless you are willing to be more specific.
Old 30-08-2012, 10:48 PM
Master
Ultimately it is up to the individual to choose whether they perceive reality from a perspective where they feel they are:

Controlled or in Control
Live in fear of the unknown or Deep understanding of what is so
To see evil and darkness, or to see past the illusion to the core where there is only light
To trudge along and experience whatever is thrown at you or understand that you may choose another option.

Good listing of levels. Of course at the lower ones there doesn't appear to be any choice, which is the same as if there weren't one.

Xan

Old 30-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

Controlled or in Control
Live in fear of the unknown or Deep understanding of what is so

Good listing of levels. Of course at the lower ones there doesn't appear to be any choice, which is the same as if there weren't one.

Xan

Lol your right! Hmmm, the lower ones lean more towards seeing possibilities..oooh what about an abstract choice! Choosing to see something or choosing to understand something? hehehe...cheating?

CWG
Old 30-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Master
Cheating is allowed in this universe school, as long as it works toward increasing consciousness and love.

How about choosing to let go of clinging to one's cherished ideas and familiar feeling patterns. Now that's a real opening act, literally!

Xan

Old 30-08-2012, 11:47 PM
earthatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville

Yes, if only it was that simple. There are many situations in life where this philosophy does not help a person, but some choose to stick to these narrow outlooks instead of re-evaluating their understanding.
Old 31-08-2012, 01:32 AM
Master
Some of us recognize that mental illness is also a spiritual issue, since the unconscious pain of not knowing our true nature leads to all kinds of distortions and imbalances in the body-mind and our relationships... including parenting, delusional thinking, biochemistry and so on.

Conversely, as we allow the awakening into who we really are beyond the mind, balancing and healing our mental, emotional and physical systems gradually takes place. Sometimes this process is aided by the remarkable energy healing methods that have come out of the awakening of expanded awareness in the human world.

This is my own experience.

Xan

Old 31-08-2012, 11:00 AM
Neville

Quote:
Some of us recognize that mental illness is also a spiritual issue,

While conversely some of us recognize that mental illness is entirely biological and naff all to do with the soul or spirit .

The Spirit being the purest essence of our being and quiet impervious to being tainted by whatever befalls us in just this one fleeting life time.