Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 02-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Master
I suppose protein is protein. Surprised nobody mentioned cuddly, bunny wabbits !
I have eaten horse on a Belgian Cross Channel ferry. It was in the form of a burger, red meat but nothing special in taste.
The best beef I ever had was a steak off a Spanish fighting bull in Valencia in the 60's and, yes, I saw it killed in the corrida [ not a very edifying spectacle !]
Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I suppose protein is protein. Surprised nobody mentioned cuddly, bunny wabbits !
I have eaten horse on a Belgian Cross Channel ferry. It was in the form of a burger, red meat but nothing special in taste.
The best beef I ever had was a steak off a Spanish fighting bull in Valencia in the 60's and, yes, I saw it killed in the corrida [ not a very edifying spectacle !]

Alberta beef norseman..... Since i moved back home, Ive dreamed of the taste and texture....

And yes rabbit, rat, squab (pidgeon), snake.... Again dogs and cats, kangaroos, croc.......

Of course. I will say that if the animal is endangered or threatened, it should be left alone. There is a difference between eating, and gluttony
Old 02-12-2011, 07:20 PM
Master
May all human beings find within themselves the compassion they already hold for all beings. May they, with courage, exercise such compassion.
Blessings, James
Old 03-12-2011, 12:45 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Keep in mind that Mr Obama just signed to postpone a major oil pipeline being built from Canada to Texas which has possible grave environmental issues associated with it.
I know because I was involved.
Just saying, cuz this was a big win for our planet.
James

It wasn't a win for the planet because the oil is still coming out of the ground, America is still using the same amount it did last week, last month and you are still buying oil from the Arabs (and paying to ship it here, alllllll the way from the Middle East and at what environmental cost for that shipping?)......it just means that Americans won't be getting jobs in refineries in the south.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
It wasn't a win for the planet because the oil is still coming out of the ground, America is still using the same amount it did last week, last month and you are still buying oil from the Arabs (and paying to ship it here, alllllll the way from the Middle East and at what environmental cost for that shipping?)......it just means that Americans won't be getting jobs in refineries in the south.

There is much more to it than that. This particular method of obtaining oil called oil/sands has 3 times the carbon footprint as the other type of oil wells and it has habitually leaked its way into the land it goes over. This oil line that was stopped was going to go over an aquifer that supplies over a million people with drinking water and because it is gotten from the sand, land and trees are cleared away in large amounts.
It was a big win for the planet!............
Old 03-12-2011, 11:58 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
There is much more to it than that. This particular method of obtaining oil called oil/sands has 3 times the carbon footprint as the other type of oil wells and it has habitually leaked its way into the land it goes over. This oil line that was stopped was going to go over an aquifer that supplies over a million people with drinking water and because it is gotten from the sand, land and trees are cleared away in large amounts.
It was a big win for the planet!............

That all may be true, but I repeat, the oil is still coming out of the ground so nothing has changed there, and you are still getting your oil shipped from the Middle East so the carbon foot print as per shipping is still going on. The only good thing really is that the aquifer was protected. The rest, is what it is.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 AM
primrose

For those that now eat cows,chickens,pigs,rabbitt,deer etc. what's the big deal about horses?
Old 04-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
That all may be true, but I repeat, the oil is still coming out of the ground so nothing has changed there, and you are still getting your oil shipped from the Middle East so the carbon foot print as per shipping is still going on. The only good thing really is that the aquifer was protected. The rest, is what it is.

And the land owners land that this would have cut thru thruout the U.S. is now protected. Much of which is farm land and their livelihood. I hear your point. Maybe it hasn't stopped production But maybe it has affected the company as a whole. In fact I am sure it has. Oil/sands is not a good thing.
In any case it is a win and a big one IMO and one initiated by the people which is wonderful thing to see.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Songbirds

It wouldn't surprised me. I heard that Obama has recently legalized the eating of horse meat.

But to tell the truth, it's no worse than eating any other meat in my opinion... Disgusting.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Time

Quote:
Quote:
:
Keep in mind that Mr Obama just signed to postpone a major oil pipeline being built from Canada to Texas which has possible grave environmental issues associated with it.
I know because I was involved.
Just saying, cuz this was a big win for our planet.
James

Im glad obama is putting it on hold.

A) the states would rather try to pass a bill to give 300 billion dollars for "defence", then to make a pipe line.

b)the states basically has no money.

ITs a step in the right direction, but it not being made isnt set in stone.

The thing about oil, is our very civilization totally depends on it. Especially for agriculture/farming. IT makes all fertilizer, fuel, most engine lubricants, all plastic parts, and even is in glas manufacturing, house building, and transportation.

We need to get away from oil.