Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-10-2011, 06:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Don't be confused by the use of the word "of" used, it has a dual meaning . The book is not a thing.

I no longer have a problem with this. First it is not within my control and second our focus tends to be far too much and remain on things as such can be a distraction. May I ask what they contain that is not known.

There is even more information that been eliminated then these books. We have tried to remove information but it should escape you that somehow that information is still here. It's here, not there.

Whether you see it or not I suppose even the things we talk about in the group are in those 66 books. Focus in on the information not a thing.

I sorry but there in intention going on, these people probably felt they acted properly out of our welfare and concern for us. I understand why it is and was done but truthfully I'm a little miffed at them but no longer angry. But what information is lost look at the next post. Where is your focus. Such kinds of information will never be destroyed and remain. Nothing has been lost. I'm sorry I have no concern of the subject.

Sorry lemex I mistakingly asked you about those books where I meant to ask Mickiel.......no wonder I was confused by your post.........lol
Old 13-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Sorry lemex I mistakingly asked you about those books where I meant to ask Mickiel.......no wonder I was confused by your post.........lol

Well I personally don't believe God wanted the bible to be " Errorless", or untampered. He wanted humans to interfere with it; and they did. The bible has been " Tweaked many times." Here is a list of some of the tweaks; or changes, mostly in translations, but also even in deletion of things, and adding of things;

The first council of Nicaea - in 325
The first council of Constantinople in 381
The council Ephesus in 431
Second council of Ephesus in 449
Council of Chalcedon in 451
Second and Third council of Constantinople in 553 and 681
Quinisext of Constantinople in 681
Council in Trullo in 692
2nd council of Nicaea in 787
First council of Lateran in 1123
4th council of the Lateran in 1215
2nd council of Lyon in 1274
First council of the Vatican in 1870

In all these councils changes were made. So I disagree with the christians who seem to think the bible is errorless or pure in all areas. And has not been tampered with. I think God wanted this to occur, or it wouldnot have. I am not yet sure why God wanted this tampering; but as was said by someone, enough of the bibles message on Salvation has got through.

As far as other books that were excluded, I have no views on them, one way or the other. But I think all of the excluded books are interesting.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Master

Quote:

Dog gone it , hmmmmmmm maybe it was Universe talking to us....lol .
Old 13-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
Well I personally don't believe God wanted the bible to be " Errorless", or untempered. He wanted humans to interfere with it; and they did. The bible has been " Tweaked many times." Here is a list of some of the tweaks; or changes, mostly in traslations, but also even in deletion of things, and adding of things;

The first council of Constantinople in 381
The council Ephesus in 431
Second council of Ephesus in 449
Council of Chalcedon in 451
Second and Third council of Constantinople in 553 and 681
Quinisext of Constantinople in 681
Council in Trullo in 692
2nd council of Nicaea in 787
First council of Lateran in 1123
4th council of the Lateran in 1215
2nd council of Lyon in 1274
First council of the Vatican in 1870

In all these councils changes were made. So I disagree with the christians who seem to think the bible is errorless or pure in all areas. And has not been tampered with. I think God wanted this to occur, or it wouldnot have. I am not yet sure why God wanted this tampering; but as was said by someone, enough of the bibles message on Salvation has got through.

As far as other books that were excluded, I have no views on them, one way or the other. But I think all of the excluded books are interesting.

Are they contradictory as well as interesting. Did you ever read of the stories closely related to the Jesus story that was told thousands of years before the one in the bible. Actually there is more than one like this as far as I recall.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Dog gone it , hmmmmmmm maybe it was Universe talking to us....lol .

lol i usually don't quote the wrong person...you may be right!
Old 13-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Are they contradictory as well as interesting. Did you ever read of the stories closely related to the Jesus story that was told thousands of years before the one in the bible. Actually there is more than one like this as far as I recall.

Well I have read them. What I think occured with this " Greatest story ever told", is that God exposed humanity to his plans very early in human history, and humans simply repeated those plans, which became stories, which infiltrated all cultures; and we have all the variations and mutations of that one original plan.

God knew all this stuff would happen, and he didnot stop it or interfere with it; which is WHY I know he wanted this confusion and complexity.
Old 13-10-2011, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Well I have read them. What I think occured with this " Greatest story ever told", is that God exposed humanity to his plans very early in human history, and humans simply repeated those plans, which became stories, which infiltrated all cultures; and we have all the variations and mutations of that one original plan.

God knew all this stuff would happen, and he didnot stop it or interfere with it; which is WHY I know he wanted this confusion and complexity.

Cool.....
Old 14-10-2011, 05:21 PM
Master
In Romans 8:22 is another insight into Gods pathology on suffering;"For we know that the whole creation ( Humanity ) groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now." Interesting insight into what God has done and is doing.

God, as creator; has created many things, but eons ago his great mind became pregnant with the thought of having his own children. Unlike prior creations, God would actually give birth to humanity by giving them his own seed ( Consciousness, or the spirit in man). The earth then is a giant incubator, and we all are in its womb. But in this pregnancy, the babys will suffer, not the parent.

There will come a time when God will give all of humanity a " Second Spirit", the Spirit " Of God", which is far different from the Spirit " In man." Then we will be " Born Again and given a different existence", far different than this suffering in the womb.

So this is another reason we have to suffer, because we will be actual children of God, but must go through a " Birthing period", which none of his other creations have had to do.
Old 15-10-2011, 07:58 PM
roger_pearse

Quote:
The bible has been " Tweaked many times." Here is a list of some of the tweaks; or changes, mostly in translations, but also even in deletion of things, and adding of things;

(snip list of councils)
In all these councils changes were made.

Interesting. Would you care to specify what changes were made to the bible at the first council of Nicaea, and which ancient source says so? (unless you have a time-machine and a video-recorder and are citing that as evidence, of course).

I ought to say that some time ago I researched all the ancient sources that mention Nicaea, and I can tell you that none of them record any such events. Nor, indeed, do any other early councils. The idea would have been unthinkable.

So I fear someone has been messing with you. Always ask to see the historical sources. Anything else is **.

All the best,

Roger Pearse
Old 15-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by roger_pearse
Interesting. Would you care to specify what changes were made to the bible at the first council of Nicaea, and which ancient source says so? (unless you have a time-machine and a video-recorder and are citing that as evidence, of course).

I ought to say that some time ago I researched all the ancient sources that mention Nicaea, and I can tell you that none of them record any such events. Nor, indeed, do any other early councils. The idea would have been unthinkable.

So I fear someone has been messing with you. Always ask to see the historical sources. Anything else is **.

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Try Tentmaker.org it has a comprensive list somewhere there.