Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 17-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Seperate_Reality

Someone is searching either for truth or negativity. Both can be found. It also say's a lot about a person...

1 Thessalonians 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.
Old 23-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Student4Life1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFE
Interesting website.

All of the texts that christians either never talk about, rationalize, or admit are "difficult" yet implore others to "take them on faith."

http://www.evilbible.com/
thats crazy, ive added it to my favorites and will take the time to read it over the next while. keep in mind though, even though there are very negative things written in the bible, its always ultimately up to the person reading it on how they want to utilize it in real life. meaning, i can read an entire book on satan, and have no evil acts come out of it, because i can look at the experience as what NOT to do. everyone has that ability, some just choose not to utilize it...
Old 23-07-2011, 12:36 PM
Student4Life1975

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Miss Hepburn
well said, i second that motion..
Old 23-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Student4Life1975
well said, i second that motion..
The best part I thought was:
"God's voice isn't only heard by self identified Christians."

(And I'm a self identified Christian.......Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist, menapausal metaphysical Mystic.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Caretaker

Hello my fellow Padawan's (lol). Primarily in regards to the earlier discussion on 'cherry picking' certain aspects of one's belief. I would like to point out this is not only a phenomenon found in religious individuals but also in atheists and all concepts/understandings in between. We have a tendency to be very attached to our truth for one, and for two we tend to come to quick conclusions when we see a new or enlightening truth. Which for religious people often comes through their 'Holy Texts' and can often over value any other truth. Those who are not religious do the same, however, instead of it being from a holy book it's often from internal knowledge or observation or outside influence (written or otherwise). I would like to quote Jesus for a moment, although in the context he used this quote it was much more relevant then how i will use it. He said something similar too..'Why do you look at the stick in your brothers eye when you have a log in your own?". My grandpa would further redefine this idea when he would say 'When you point a finger a someone else you have three pointing back at you.'

That may not be completely relevant to this discussion but is relevant to what's between the lines in this discussion, what is felt and dealt through out it.

God is a living, breathing, feeling omnipresent energy that exists within and through all things. It's consciousness is nothing like ours and responds through emotional and physical output opposed to 'spoken word'. Man put a face on it over and over again. The Gods in ancient religions were men who died and transcended some level of consciousness. It's not like it's a man or a woman or a king or any kinda label we can put on it. It's energy, always present, always alive. It speaks through us, our actions are it's actions. Our evils are it's evils, our good is it's good. It's all a matter of context. Now with that said when we cause others suffering (which is the only way a human can sin) we receive suffering and bring suffering to others close to us. It is a law of nature. The destruction of people in the world by God's hand is a misunderstood truth. Our actions brought that destruction, the bible used the figure head of God merely to show the universal implications of the effects of our actions. But men take it far to literally and seriously to look at it honestly. The truth is living creatures (physical creatures of flesh) are the cause of evil in the worlds, and by definition and expression that also very much means God did it.

I know very few will agree with me and that's fine and if i told some people that i would lose my life and that's also fine. The point still stands what I tell you now is truth beyond man's truth. Believe it or not, it is what is. But many of you are not meant to believe it now for the knowledge it takes to get to that conclusion is missing in your database. Which is no different then myself missing pieces that im not ready for. It doesn't matter in the end what I believe or what you believe what really matters in the end is that we do what we can to bring a little bit of happiness to peoples lives and try to treat them with as much love and respect as we want them to treat us with.

Anyways thats more then enough for me today.
Peace and Blessings
Caretaker

- Ignite the Soul
Old 25-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretaker
God is a living, breathing, feeling omnipresent energy that exists within and through all things.
It's consciousness is nothing like ours and responds through emotional and physical output opposed to 'spoken word'. Man put a face on it over and over again.

The Gods in ancient religions were men who died and transcended some level of consciousness. It's not like it's a man or a woman or a king or any kinda label we can put on it. It's energy, always present, always alive. It speaks through us, our actions are it's actions. Our evils are it's evils, our good is it's good.

It's all a matter of context. Now with that said when we cause others suffering (which is the only way a human can sin) we receive suffering and bring suffering to others close to us. It is a law of nature. The destruction of people in the world by God's hand is a misunderstood truth.

Our actions brought that destruction, the bible used the figure head of God merely to show the universal implications of the effects of our actions. But men take it far to literally and seriously to look at it honestly.
The truth is living creatures (physical creatures of flesh) are the cause of evil in the worlds, and by definition and expression that also very much means God did it.

I hear ya.

It was hard for these old eyes to read it all clumped together.
I just broke it up a bit to maker it easier to read, for me.
Hope you don't mind.

Hmm, again from a 22 yr old - what is happening to our youth that they are so wise and deep.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru