Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 19-02-2024, 02:55 AM
Master
Apart from disguised personal messaging, the premises underlying it are wrong. Scientific testing proves many 'natural' remedies work. For example, the leading anti-malerial drug was derived from Chinese herbal medicine. Quinine was a predecessor, then chloroquine, also natural extracts. Although traditional Chinese medicine is littered with absolute hokum like tiger penis powder, it also has a good track record of being right.

Indeed, natural products make up the majority of medical research, we got morphine, penicillin, vaccines for polio etc, anti venom, coedine, and scores more. Of course all of them were approached with utmost skepticism, but they passed the high bar science sets and were provably highly effective.

To say the ancients knew this and that is fine - they weren't idiots - but some of that lore was provably correct and some percentage was outright debunked. For example, leech bleeding was a big thing once, and when it was proven wrong plenty of medics flipped out, but the evidence kept proving them wrong so they eventually shut up. One guy claimed that washing hands between patients was a good idea and everyone laughed at him, but that's just because the standard of proof is very high, and it took a few years, they discovered germs and what-not, but that guy was right, so now hand washing is mandatory.

The fundamental underlying misperception that science is clingy is a misunderstanding of its rigour. The standards for being right are very hard to meet. Castor oil, for example was 'an old wives tale' which was tested and found effective in a number if ways ways. I noticed yesterday tests have been done on arthritis, rashes, sores and different inflamatory ailments, taken both orally and topically. It's provably antibacterial etc etc and so on - and I'm glad my unfounded bias was scrutinised and it withstands scrutiny!

If you are faithful in your beliefs, then welcome scrutiny because you want what you know to be proven. If scrutiny is threatening, does that indicate a fear of turning out to be wrong? Is it coming from doubt? I dare say if one leans heavily on naturopathy such doubt is warranted because that discipline has a low bar to pass.

I know in my case I just believed castor oil was great because I was raised on the stuff and basically brainwashed into believing without any evidence. but I want scrutiny because I'm genuinely curious, and if my bias turned out to be wrong, I'd wince, but I'm happy to stand corrected.

Again, I know no one cares about evidence, but above are some examples among a great many that show the claims on this thread being made about science are wrong.
Old 19-02-2024, 03:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
\
I have tried olive oil but I warm it up. I find it more effective warm.
Just to mention, the guy on you tube warmed up the olive oil to about 40 deg C, but it made no difference compared to room temperature in a test tube. It's not 'conclusive evidence' by any means but it doesn't support your claim. However, maybe what you say is better inside a human ear, and we can be pretty sure it won't be any worse.
Old 19-02-2024, 03:17 AM
Master
Quote:
The left side of the body is all about ‘receptivity’. Receiving (taking in to your body) and listening to that receiving.
What's the right side about?
Old 19-02-2024, 03:33 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Apart from disguised personal messaging, the premises underlying it are wrong. Scientific testing proves many 'natural' remedies work. For example, the leading anti-malerial drug was derived from Chinese herbal medicine.

Again, I know no one cares about evidence, but above are some examples among a great many that show the claims on this thread being made about science are wrong.

This is good reading Gem. As was your previous post.

The way chosen to take care of one’s health is just the way each decide.And what you or I or anyone chose, I think the most important thing anyone can do, is do your own research and make your own mind up for you. If it’s right for you, it may well be right, but only for you and those who chose the same.

Sadly with medicine nowadays, it’s a quick fast fix and people get addicted to the instantaneous relief. So people don’t have to lay low, rest and recover for too long. In this tendency the need to rush around for a quick and fast fix, means the demand for medicine in this way is often fast tracked to meet a world moving too fast, more often than not.

A lot of natural remedies, I’ve witnessed take quite a while longer to work.it often activates in people, a more holistic process which imo, is all part of the healing process deeper. We’ve lost connection to this kind of slowness around understanding the healing and needs of the body more directly ourselves.

One of my key learning aspects towards my body more recently has been to not rush into fixing problems, if it’s not serious, listen more directly to the needs in my body, with more attention and focus. In this way I utilise the whole range of provisions, not because I’m told by others, not because it’s a quick fix, but because I’m listening and know exactly how to deal and heal as my body needs.

We have such diverse provisions and choices nowadays with regards to our health and well-being. Our past generations, chose their way, with what they had available. We choose our way, with everything we have available, inclusive of the past, present and future.

I tend to lean into (scientifically proven) not as something fixed, but rather a guide and model for my own research and intuition.

If I use waxol I don’t freak out because it’s not natural, I would struggle if I had to use it long term. So I don’t. When my wax is really bad ( which is rare now) I’ve tried alternate, I’ve tried waxol. I way up my need and situation as I see it needs.

What’s weird to me is that a lot of people on this forum over the years, are smokers yet push for alternate natural healing. That’s because most people in this way are full if contraindications they can’t entirely see in themselves.

As humans most of us are, until we aren’t.

I’m currently taking Chinese herbs which have been very effective and I’ve noticed a huge difference in three days in. That to me is my own direct experience telling me somethings working. I trust that.
Old 19-02-2024, 03:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Just to mention, the guy on you tube warmed up the olive oil to about 40 deg C, but it made no difference compared to room temperature in a test tube. It's not 'conclusive evidence' by any means but it doesn't support your claim. However, maybe what you say is better inside a human ear, and we can be pretty sure it won't be any worse.

I wouldn’t say I can conclude anything from this mention of olive oil warmed up. I think in the end I moved into the waxol. It’s been a while now to be honest. The thing I did notice with waxol is I didn’t have them syringed but rather it loosened the wax and it naturally alleviated my problem. Then I stopped using. I had no idea compacted wax caused ear pain and weird nerve feelings in my head. But it sure did. It was a bit like finger nails on a chalk board feeling.
Old 19-02-2024, 03:41 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What's the right side about?
‘Giving out’ ..(simplistic view)
Old 19-02-2024, 04:54 AM
Master
Quote:
This is good reading Gem. As was your previous post. As humans most of us are, until we aren’t. I’m currently taking Chinese herbs
To me a lot of medicine bet it 'natural' or 'scientific' is the top of a pyramid, but to establish a base I'd be asking, what do you eat (take) and what activities do you do? If they have an addiction, smoking or whatever, I don't interfere with that. If they are fat, but aren't interested in losing weight, I leave it alone. I don't have any 'shoulds'. I just start training and keep talking about food that fuels performance, sleep, life stress and so on.

I don't subscribe to a 'works for you'. I mean I'm sure a great many people swore on their lives that leaching was working wonders, but it was cloud of bulldust that did more harm than good. I could think of six more examples, but you see the point.

The majority of things go away on their own anyway, so when you take the snake oil it seems like that did the trick, but when compared to a control, no difference whatsoever. I reckon 'natural' remedies take longer because the thing would have passed on its own in the same time anyway.

When people say 'well it works for me', I wonder, does it really though? Not saying the Chinese herb doesn't work, just that you saying it worked for you might be like those who swore leaching worked for them for so many years.

You're probably right about the quick fix vs' the holistic healing process, and I really think modern medicine is losing direction these days.

Personally, I'd start with what do you eat and what do you do? and take it from there. If that's out of whack it's all going down hill. My solution would be a better diet and more appropriate activity. I have found this is very effective in reducing the need for medicines, supplements and what-have-you, and science that proves it. If after that foundation something extra is needed that's fine.

I'll leave hopes and dreams to those more flowery than me, but wait a minute, I think I love flowers more than anyone! We'll lets just say the environmental circumstances have a big effect on well-being as well, and diet, activity and safe surrounds matter much, much more than castor oil.

I'm a lists guy - just go by priority - important things first and niggly pigglys at the end.

Last edited by Gem : 19-02-2024 at 08:28 AM.
Old 19-02-2024, 05:36 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
To me a lot of medicine bet it 'natural' or 'scientific' is the top of a pyramid, but to establish a base I'd be asking, what do you eat (take) and what activities do you do?

Hence I don't subscribe to a 'works for you'. I mean I'm sure a great many people swore on their lives that leaching was working wonders, but it was cloud of bulldust that did more harm than good.

I guess I'm a lists guy, and just go by priority - important things first and niggly pigglys at the end.
I hear you.

When I say something works for me as in my Chinese herbs, I’m living from a more holistic approach long before I implement these supportive herbs. So yes I’m eating balanced healthy diet, I’m exercising and taking care of myself. To me herbs are simply ‘natures way’ and a way for me, because I live as close as I can to natural means, plus I’m listening a lot deeper in my body than most do.

I’m simply supportive to a few things in my body, where I haven’t had success in other ways of my experience. Plus having to be immersed in life as life is nowadays, re pollution, chemicals and other ****** stuff we each are exposed to daily, it’s unnatural to my body, must of us are dealing with lots out of our control in this way of polluting our bodies. Sometimes for those unaware and perhaps not as sensitive as myself, it’s subtle and noticeable in me. I can see a picture that often aligns to what is needed. Most of the external ( for me) is confirming what I sense and feel anyway.

The herbs ( practitioner diagnosed and strength) are not some over the counter ( unregulated and probably not as potent) sat very well in me when I researched their supportive synergies.

Nothing works alone in what we do for our bodies. So it’s a much bigger picture as I see it. I’m working on deeper subtle layers more holistically, repairing damage that healthy diet and exercise haven’t fully been able to do entirely. I’ve had shingles, I’ve had Covid. Ive had jabs, I’ve had a long bout of stress a few years back. Even as you come through all this, I’m listening and repairing damage. I’m not there now, but the fallout can be harder to shift more complete when you e had a big load of physical hits.

You could say I’m just catching back up to myself on the physical side of things..
Old 19-02-2024, 06:52 AM
Master

Sky….thanks for your positive comment. Jeez I didn’t know that…….6,000 years hey. Wow that says a lot!

FairyC…..thanks for your positive feed back and let’s hope you get relief soon.

JustBe……really interesting about the “spiritual side” of our health problems. I remember Louise Hay talked about things like that and it kinda made sense to me.
Old 19-02-2024, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Sky….thanks for your positive comment. Jeez I didn’t know that…….6,000 years hey. Wow that says a lot!

Leeches first used around 2,000 years are still being used in Hospitals here. A lot of Ancient treatments seem to be making a comeback due to proven effectiveness...