Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 01-01-2024, 06:08 PM
Master

Nevermind....
Old 04-01-2024, 02:02 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattems
I personally link autism to the increase in vaccines. Just my opinion.
Medical investigations failed to find any such linkage.
Old 04-01-2024, 02:05 AM
Experiencer

Please remember this conversation began for the purpose of considering whether there are any spiritual aspects associated with individuals on the so-called autistic spectrum.
Old 04-01-2024, 10:28 PM
Experiencer

I think you have a bee in your bonnet about the old stories of child vaccination leading to some having autism. I'm not going to argue about that because this conversation is about whether autism has any linkage to spiritual progression.

I am not scientifically or medically qualified so I am unable to know if the published literature is sound. I defer to those who are.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:45 AM
Master

@cattems,

Are you saying all people with autism have autism because of vaccinations? That is simply not true. If you didnt to say that then no worries. But for example, neurodivirsity existed always and across cultures.

Kind regards,

CW

Edit:
The Greek Hippocrates

In islamtic (middle ages) texts autism like symptoms are described.

These are some leads that might be interesting.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:07 PM
Experiencer

We're into an area of debate similar to the one that was ultimately banned - the situation concerning Covid19 and the vaccines developed to try to limit the damage it was doing.

It seems to this simple soul that conspiracy-theorists love to pay more heed to what's 'out there' in cyber space and the various social media than the scientific papers, statistics etc. prepared by individuals who did not have any personal axes to grind. And that's fair enough as we are free in the western world to believe and promote whatever we choose but I won't go down anybody's path of personal opinion UNLESS they have very persuasive arguments.

The reality is that few are able to present any such thing, frequently just citing others' opinions and beliefs or cherry-picking to support their own ideas. That doesn't appeal to my reason.
Old 05-01-2024, 03:25 PM
Master

Yes thing is, while I agree most comspiracies are utter nonsense, I compare them to mythology... Its not at all the same, but its interesting to think about. Then also, I have talked to someone with such believes that isnt the usual conspiracy theorist in that she actually understands life for a reasonable amount, and learning to understand her made me doubt how sure I am of myself. Not that I believe in their stories they tell, at all... But like I said, mythology has been around too ... It has connections to real life.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:44 PM
Experiencer

Mythology is a conversation to be held in an appropriate forum. There are many interesting aspects of many subjects but introducing them into an unrelated topic discussion isn't my cup of tea - I prefer to stay on-topic.
Old 05-01-2024, 09:21 PM
Master

so on topic, the reason I replied the way I did earlier, is, my idea of 'spirituality' can cover any kind of experiences/alteration to the 'normal' reality people say they experience. I feel that Various places on the autistic spectrum do lead to an altered state from the one most people will admit to, so....
Old 05-01-2024, 10:09 PM
Master

I feel autism can at times relate to spirituality because it gives spirituality an unique twist.