Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 14-07-2023, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
I also liked how Dr Gilbert describes the Rosicrucian way of seeing God.

We have but one life…..why not seek to learn one thing than somehow attempting to learn everything”
Totally disagree with this comment.
Would you mind giving us a summary of what I placed in bold?
Not everyone has made it thru the talk.
I dunno who said that last quote...but I would disagree, also.
But I get that brains work differently and maybe for some being a master at ONE thing...works for them.
I understand completely a heart surgeon not knowing how his car engine works or even how to cook well!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-07-2023, 01:59 PM
Master

Miss H The place where they talk about God is near the end of the video.

Being master at one thing wouldn’t work for me. I wanna be master of lots of things lol

I mean why spend your whole life trying to be master of one thing, only to find out at the end that you haven’t achieved it. That would seem like a waste of my life tbh.

Imagine all the things you’ve missed out on as well. Things that would have helped you to grow and evolve not to mention the knowledge gained.

But that’s just me. I wanna know everything! Ha
Old 14-07-2023, 02:03 PM
Master

Miss H. Regarding the Rosicrucians view of God. I felt that it was something similar to what I thought but the following week I listened to Thich Nhat Hahn talk about his version of God and that really resonated for me so I’ll stick with that unless I experience something that tells me differently.

I read his books many years ago and loved them but I’ve found his videos much better. What a beautiful soul this man is.
Old 14-07-2023, 03:17 PM
Molearner

Quote:

We have but one life…..why not seek to learn one thing than somehow attempting to learn everything”

Totally disagree with this comment.

Redchic12,

I can understand that. In my case I have realized that with retrospect that what I knew about Christianity 40 years ago seems rather shallow now. I still quote the same verses but now I understand them much differently. I dip into other philosophies and that can be very beneficial but I do not attempt to take the deep plunge…….chiefly from perceived time restraints. I realize that without focused attention it is unlikely that I can give them their proper due.
Old 14-07-2023, 03:46 PM
Master

Ahh I get what you are saying now and understand where you are coming from and how our understanding of what we were taught then, is completely different to how we see it now. Yes I agree with that. Time does make a difference.

No I haven’t plunged into another religion/philosophy etc, simply because I don’t want or need to follow someone elses path. As I’ve said before, I prefer to create my own path based on the knowledge and experience that I have gained thru my life so far.
Old 14-07-2023, 06:52 PM
Molearner

Quote:
No I haven’t plunged into another religion/philosophy etc, simply because I don’t want or need to follow someone elses path. As I’ve said before, I prefer to create my own path based on the knowledge and experience that I have gained thru my life so far.

Redchic12,

Yes, I agree. ‘Our own path’ ultimately is the only path we can ‘own’……..
Old 14-07-2023, 07:17 PM
Master

I don't like my own path. I'm willing to trade it if anyone else wants to swap.

My path is similar to an ant that spawns in the middle of an ant eater convention.
Old 14-07-2023, 07:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
I don't like my own path. I'm willing to trade it if anyone else wants to swap.

My path is similar to an ant that spawns in the middle of an ant eater convention.
"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. we ourselves must walk the path."
The Buddha....

If you trade your path the swap could be even worse than the one your following now... The grass is greener on other side..
Old 14-07-2023, 08:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Being master at one thing wouldn’t work for me. I wanna be master of lots of things lol. I mean why spend your whole life trying to be master of one thing, only to find out at the end that you haven’t achieved it. That would seem like a waste of my life tbh.
Becoming a master of anything requires a commitment of time and energy, and in any one lifetime we only have a finite amount of time and energy.

So do we focus on one thing, in which case our knowledge of that thing may be deep but somewhat narrow?

Or do we focus on lots of things, in which case our knowledge is broad but not necessarily deep?

Like you, I tend to focus on lots of things because I have a general curiosity about a wide range of subjects. There is so much we can learn.
Which gives a broad range of understanding but I accept that I will not be a master of anything. And that is OK.

Peace
Old 14-07-2023, 08:53 PM
For those wondering still what the Rosicrucians' idea of God is it can be found
written out here:
The Rosicrucian conception of God and the scheme of evolution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ro...smo-Conception
Preview
''In God there are contained hosts of glorious Hierarchies and lesser beings of every grade of intelligence
and stage of consciousness, from omniscience to an unconsciousness deeper than that of the deepest trance condition.

The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception describes that in the Solar System, God's Habitation, there are seven Worlds
differentiated by God, within Himself, one after another.
These Worlds have each a different "measure" and rate of vibration and are not separated by space or distance...''

And wow, is there way more ...and way more interesting! Well said, too; differentiating God, the Architect of this place
from the Absolute!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru