Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Closed Thread

Old 14-08-2019, 12:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
It is much more likely that it was your higher self warning you, or your intuition.

Personally, I think heavenly beings have better things to do than constantly hover over every single person on earth to make sure they don't get hurt. Are there even 8 billion + angels? I seriously doubt that.
gaurdian angels don't work that way???
Old 14-08-2019, 12:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I have 2 good stories how guardian angels work. My wife was driving to work at night. All of a sudden she said it seemed like someone yelled at her to "pay attention". So she payed a little more attention on her driving. Shortly after a deer jumped out on the road she was being more careful then normal at the right time and she was able to avoid the deer.
Just a few days ago I had a similar experience.... Was driving to work at night I was in a hurry and got behind someone going really slow. I was about to pass, that little voice said "wait" so I did. Shortly after a deer jumped out. If I would have passed when I was going to I would have hit that deer and probably hit the other car in the process. I learned a long time ago when you hear "that voice" you listen.

My best explanation for this little voice, it could be your intuition. Notice how other animals have developped a better intuition than we humans, how they often are aware of danger and incoming disasters before we do. I think while our intelligence increased drastically when we evolved, our intuition became lesser, but sometimes (as in your case) it's still there. After all, we are also still animals. As for me, I never heard a voice in my head, but there have been moments where a random decision I made turned out to be a very good one that saved me some hassle or opened a new door. There have also been moments where I could have ended up dead or severely injured, and sometimes it feels as though I'm invincible since I never get seriously ill or sick no matter how unhealthy and self-destructive my current lifestyle is. But do I believe angels are behind this? Certainly not, it's probably just dumb luck that I'm bound to run out of someday.
Old 14-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Master

Quote:
gaurdian angels don't work that way???

I'm not a Biblical scholar, but from what I've read, the number of angels in heaven is quite limited, numbering in the hundreds or thousands, definitely not in the millions or billions.

That would preclude the idea that every single person has a guardian angel assigned to them, constantly watching their every move. I think it is a childish idea anyway, much like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

That is not to say that there are no angels or heaven, only that it is unrealistic to expect that every person is assigned one and is being constantly watched over by one. It is much more likely that when people think a guardian angel is watching over them, it is actually their own higher self.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I'm not a Biblical scholar, but from what I've read, the number of angels in heaven is quite limited, numbering in the hundreds or thousands, definitely not in the millions or billions.

That would preclude the idea that every single person has a guardian angel assigned to them, constantly watching their every move. I think it is a childish idea anyway, much like Santa Claus or the Easter Bunny.

That is not to say that there are no angels or heaven, only that it is unrealistic to expect that every person is assigned one and is being constantly watched over by one. It is much more likely that when people think a guardian angel is watching over them, it is actually their own higher self.

Perhaps it's even much better that way. Imagine how embarrassing it would be if your guardian angel was watching you laying bricks in the toilet.
Old 14-08-2019, 01:08 PM
Master
I would say to give credit and gratitude to where you personally believe it to be due.

If your friends and family help you out, then of course you should be thankful and appreciative towards them for doing so.

If opportunities come your way that are not the result of human involvement and you learn to discern that which comes from a "higher source" than whatever this Earthly plane can possibly provide you with at the time, of course you can be appreciative and grateful to whatever "powers that be" for providing it.

There is also nothing amiss by doing both at the same time either, because often it is a collaborative effort.
Old 14-08-2019, 02:14 PM
Master
Quote:

childish or not angel vs intuition. Isn't it similar? Gaurdian angel / intuition wants to keep you safe. I drive that same stretch of road nightly. I get behind slow people all the time an pass them. How would my "intuition" know there was going to be a danger ahead, all I had to do was wait to pass. Where did that "wait" come from? Where do your "gut feelings" come from? I love to poke and prod in basic human phycology but the is no way to explain this kind of stuff. Actually, anyone of us can be someone else's angel. Last week my vehicle broke down at a stop light. Within minutes a total stranger came to help me push my vehicle to a better spot and gave me a short ride home. At that moment that person WAS my angel. Angel's are everywhere! Now I feel I have to pay the favor back, to be someone else's angel. When needed, I will be. Most often it only takes a few minutes like what happened to me.
Old 14-08-2019, 02:37 PM
Master

Quote:
childish or not angel vs intuition. Isn't it similar? Gaurdian angel / intuition wants to keep you safe. I drive that same stretch of road nightly. I get behind slow people all the time an pass them. How would my "intuition" know there was going to be a danger ahead, all I had to do was wait to pass. Where did that "wait" come from? Where do your "gut feelings" come from? I love to poke and prod in basic human phycology but the is no way to explain this kind of stuff.

The physics of it is complicated, but in theory, your future self can connect to your higher self, which is outside time, and warn your current self about a future danger, thus averting the outcome in the first place.

My own theory is that chakras (such as the gut or the solar plexus, which you mentioned), act as mini-wormholes, that can relay information back in time to your past self, which is where intuition and precognition come from. It may sound a bit out there, but it makes a lot more sense scientifically than a supernatural being hovering above you in a permanent holding pattern.

Again, not denying the existence of higher beings, I've had dealings with several, just theorising that perhaps they're far too busy and important to be concerning themselves with such trivial, earthly matters.
Old 14-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by utopiandreamchild
Angels are light beings and demons are dark being. They are polar opposites.angels are born lovers demons are born haters. Angels are positive demons are negative. You can't have one without the other.

The scriptures say the Devil can appear as an Angel of Light. So how does a person know they are not being deceived even if the demon appears as an Angel of Light?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-08-2019, 03:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
The scriptures say the Devil can appear as an Angel of Light. So how does a person know they are not being deceived even if the demon appears as an Angel of Light?
Bright lights blind, Bells an whistles make you deaf. There all distractions. When they appear, focus on your true intentions, and run like hell.
Old 14-08-2019, 05:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn

You can tell by their intentions. Think it over before you act on what they say. Even angels can lie.. Demons can also help and guide you. They know what is like to suffer. They've had a hard life. That's what it's like to be born in the darkness. However demons can still show love. Angels have had it easy living in the light. I was born in the dark. I've had a hard life and can understand and relate to demons. If you want to get along with angels and demon start by showing them love and make friends with them then they'll be less likely to lie to you. In other words make friends with the devil and get along with him he's just another person. Without the devil there would be no experience of the darkness. There's a beauty in the darkness however
Zombies. Vampires. Witches. Things we wouldnt know without the rebellion. All things of the dark we know because of the Devil including death that's according to the bible. If it wasn't for the devil all we would know is the light. We wouldn't know the darkness. Amen

Last edited by utopiandreamchild : 14-08-2019 at 06:27 PM.
Closed Thread