Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 23-03-2011, 04:16 AM
Master
There is no point relying on 'cause'... what caused God?
Old 23-03-2011, 04:22 AM
Ascender

How is one to prove something which doesn't even lie in Creation? You shouldn't need proof to believe in God. You think too much with your mind and not enough with your heart. The intellect is the bane of humanity, and will always be bound to space and time. Therefore, you cannot fully grasp that which is not bound by the physical and will always need everything validated. Are you able to prove love? How does one measure love? Would you require proof that your spouse loves you? I guess the same thing applies here. It's just a feeling, a sense, an intuitive perceiving, of something greater.
Old 23-03-2011, 05:35 AM
7he4uthor

7he4nswer
is

faith
Old 23-03-2011, 02:55 PM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***ROM***
How is one to prove something which doesn't even lie in Creation? You shouldn't need proof to believe in God. You think too much with your mind and not enough with your heart. The intellect is the bane of humanity, and will always be bound to space and time. Therefore, you cannot fully grasp that which is not bound by the physical and will always need everything validated. Are you able to prove love? How does one measure love? Would you require proof that your spouse loves you? I guess the same thing applies here. It's just a feeling, a sense, an intuitive perceiving, of something greater.

What is the source of it? Fear or ignorance? Maybe some books of theology. or what we hear from our elders or popes or Gurus and the like. And nobody has other sources than these few ones.

Every religion has a god unique of their culture and reflective of their beliefs.

In Hinduism God has a thousand hands and heads. In Christianity and Islam God reside in high places. In Buddhism God is not a matter of concern.

There are pagan societies of polytheism.

I do not know which faith to follow. Hitler too was religious. Today fundamentalists call themselves religious and kill civilians in the name of religion. If you use your brains religious ideas are losing their significance and it is smeared with bloods.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Master
it's quite simple actually, look within your own heart...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 23-03-2011, 03:11 PM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
it's quite simple actually, look within your own heart...

If I tear up my heart all I come upon is valves, blood,arteries, bones, fleshes and the chemistry of emotional elements.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
If I tear up my heart all I come upon is valves, blood,arteries, bones, fleshes and the chemistry of emotional elements.
then youre looking at the wrong heart...you have another, perhaps you cant find God because you cant find your true heart?? find it and you may be amazed at what you find in it...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 23-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernova
I see everywhere nature and how can I say it is God.

You are engineered to believe in God.

I haven't read all the posts but I wonder...do you see intelligence everywhere?
Do you see it when you look at the design of the eye? Do you wonder why we have taste buds when they really are not needed. Do you wonder why we feel?
My point is would you say that there is something but it is beyond you?
I think that is where I started believing as a child. i could see that there was something.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:19 PM
supernova

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I haven't read all the posts but I wonder...do you see intelligence everywhere?
Do you see it when you look at the design of the eye? Do you wonder why we have taste buds when they really are not needed. Do you wonder why we feel?
My point is would you say that there is something but it is beyond you?
I think that is where I started believing as a child. i could see that there was something.

What is that something that has driven you to believe in some strange and inconceivable realty or something you call supereality.

What is that super intelligence? It may be our imagination or the product of our thinking.

I advocate for humanity and spirituality and not for religious dogmas or warring gods.
Old 23-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Master
What is that something that has driven you to believe in some strange and inconceivable realty or something you call supereality.

My 5 senses, my intelligence, my intuition.

What is that super intelligence? It may be our imagination or the product of our thinking.

It is in me and everywhere I look. I am not 'imagining' the intelligence that is evident when watching a baby grow from an embryo. It is so evident to me that there is greatness all around.
Do you not see it?

I advocate for humanity and spirituality and not for religious dogmas or warring gods

I advocate for a humble respect and awe for what we may not know. It just grows from there.
Do you not sense it? Do you not see that man's God's are man's attempt to try and explain what it sees and doesn't understand. It sees something amazing and is trying to figure it out............it still sees it, regardless.