Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 27-07-2016, 04:54 AM
Suspended
Necromancer,

I saw a man's straight nose(a face)sharp enough to point at your stomach/chest and create a hurting force . I have reduced his sharp nose and made it disappeared. I don't see anymore other energy that trouble you. I hope you are more comfortable now.....
Old 27-07-2016, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by khallianen
When you are better I might have some questions about
"Autobiography Of A Yogi".

After a your post on the 24th when I awoke at my usual time on the 25th, I had and urge to look it up. Didn't until about 5 pm my time. Downloaded a pdf and read 12 chapters last night. Very interesting, I am liking it and I had to actually boot up my laptop so I could google words. Some of them are real tongue twisters even compared to rihan.

And something strange too that I need to meditate about 1st.
Namaste.

Ah cool! I naturally talk this way and can understand the grandiose verbatim. However, English Lit is something I was born knowing every single detail of...

I like the way Swami Yogananda speaks, but certain phrases have taken on different meanings in the past 80 years, I ejaculate rather emphatically.

However, posting here is helping me take my mind off my woes and when I can manage it, there's something I must do...

Autobiography of a Yogi is a very good primer and it's a beautiful story as well, but some of his other works are way better than that for me...

Whispers From Eternity....Awake In The Cosmic Dream....I have read them all...but I need to re-read them.

We even used to incorporate a few of Swami Yogananda's own personal hymns to God into our Bhajanavali Geetmala (A rosary of Divine hymns to God) when I was playing the Harmonium at Divine Life Society functions (different from the SRF as a Mountain is to Learning and Wisdom) - Giri vs Saraswati...

Yeah..."When thy song, flows through me, my Lord...when thy song flows through me..." and

"You are the polestar of my life"...lots more I cannot remember right now.

I had a spiritual thing for Swami Yogananda back in my early 20's, for a few years, both my husband and I went through the phase...before I wanted to see what the Swami Satyananda people at the Ashram in Mangrove Mountain were doing...and I got into doing real Kriya Yoga, which comprised Asana, Pranayama, Mudra and Bandha...along with Dhautis (internal purifications)....If I could do it now, I'd swallow the cloth again...that will help with this, but I haven't kept this side of it up...doubt I could do that now...

I can do both sutra and jala neti...that's as easy as pie, but some of the stuff...I'd always see this girl who could go into full tortoise pose and I'm like 'no way!'....you, sister deserve my full respect and admiration'...

Swami Yogananda advocates none of this really, just says things like meditation, pranayama and concentration is all that is needed...the only reference to stage 3 in Patanjali's eightfold is 'keep a straight spine'...he doesn't like Hatha Yoga much either.

Anyway, I'm just rambling because it's helping, although I may be a bit delirious with pain, but still, some of you may get/understand something from my body wracked with apana impurities right now...time for some strong ginger tea with manuka honey...my 'nara' is also off centre by about half an inch to the left of my navel...darn!

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 27-07-2016, 05:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Bong
Necromancer,

I saw a man's straight nose(a face)sharp enough to point at your stomach/chest and create a hurting force . I have reduced his sharp nose and made it disappeared. I don't see anymore other energy that trouble you. I hope you are more comfortable now.....
Namaste.

Thank you, Jeremy. The pain is less intense for now and I appreciate your prayers and interventions.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 27-07-2016, 05:41 AM
Master
Quote:
just says things like meditation, pranayama and concentration is all that is needed..

That is 1 of the things I have found interesting about about this.

I have never been into any faith, not even the catholic/christian traditions in my family. It never resonated with me. But, now deciding to expand my knowledge about what I have been going through, I am amazed that the things I have been doing following my intuition are in Hinduism and Buddhism even though I never have read or talk to anybody about them.

This has brought me even more questions to ponder now.
Old 27-07-2016, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
That is 1 of the things I have found interesting about about this.

I have never been into any faith, not even the catholic/christian traditions in my family. It never resonated with me. But, now deciding to expand my knowledge about what I have been going through, I am amazed that the things I have been doing following my intuition are in Hinduism and Buddhism even though I never have read or talk to anybody about them.

This has brought me even more questions to ponder now.
Namaste.

The reason why Swami Yogananda isn't more widely accepted and venerated among Hindus is because he places a LOT (maybe too much) emphasis on Christian teachings to try and explain them all from a 'Hindu' perspective and that doesn't sit too well with neither the fundamentalist Hindus nor the fundamentalist Christians of that time and since it.

The 'altars' are adorned with pictures of both Krishna and Christ and both sides of the fence, with limited minds, got very offended by this.

It matters not to me, because I am a Shaivite (a devotee of Lord Shiva) and these things seem to be almost excluded anyway - but it makes no difference. In all true honesty, Swami Yogananda was a devotee of the Goddess, Kali and was also a great admirer of Paramahansa Ramakrishna.

People need to look beyond the forms of Krishna and Christ - I even gained a new appreciation and respect for the Shiva Lingam, which I never really had...as in "if God can appear as anything and in any form, why not an oval rock? that's a good enough thing as anything"....yeah, I'm still working on that one. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 27-07-2016, 06:29 AM
Master
Namaste.

While I am just confining my thoughts to this thread only for now, the best book on Hatha Yoga out there? This book was my 'bible' for a while...never has there been a more flexible human being - both physically and spiritually:

This soul was just pure light...heaven!

One of the many faces I recall in the loving sea of ochre...

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 27-07-2016, 06:37 AM
Master
That is another coincidence about this too.

My forum name is from a language that only exists for nerds that play or are into Star Trek. Doaege nnea Ch'Rihan, Language of Romulus, has 2 different words for seeker. Khallianen is just seeker, where as I could have used Galan which is a proper noun for Seeker.

People use Khalli in the chat rooms and you have shorten it too. I never put that together till last night.

Makes 1 think about how these things happen.
Old 27-07-2016, 06:58 AM
Master
Quote:
That is another coincidence about this too.

My forum name is from a language that only exists for nerds that play or are into Star Trek. Doaege nnea Ch'Rihan, Language of Romulus, has 2 different words for seeker. Khallianen is just seeker, where as I could have used Galan which is a proper noun for Seeker.

People use Khalli in the chat rooms and you have shorten it too. I never put that together till last night.

Makes 1 think about how these things happen.
Namaste.

I made the connection with that one yesterday. I thought I'd just let it pass in my mind as being a 'silly coincidence' til you mentioned it.

I wanted to learn how to speak Klingon once...if ever I were to learn a Star Trek language...

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 27-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Master
Although in proper Sanskrit pronunciation, Khalli means 'quarrel'. LOL
Old 27-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Master
I'll have to wait to look at the yoga book. The authentication server is down on the library at Sacramento State University for some reason.

They give all students free lifetime access.

Quote:
Although in proper Sanskrit pronunciation, Khalli means 'quarrel'. LOL

The way I use to approach life that is quite appropriate!