Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-03-2017, 04:11 PM
Ascender

Hello all. A rather simple and general observation regarding"separation". It seems to me that a view which perceives all which is as some things somewhere out there greatly hampers and discourages us in our ability to know and understand ourselves as being whole with all which is. This understanding is made so much easier if we view all which is as a constant composite process where no component of proces--including ourselves as such components--can possibly be thought of as separate since the action of each composite part is interlinked, interactive and interconnected by cause and consequence even if physically separated. Good wishes petexx
Old 20-03-2017, 06:04 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyce
I'm editing this in because I want to try multiple replys in one post. Armadodecadron I agree with you. I was thinking about the big differences in face structures, eyes, body types and how that's hard to imagine all came from apes. You could send a documentary on the subject. Please pick the best of two :) thanks

Oh, really? I beg your pardon. I was focused on behavioral patterns and attributes of human psychology that can be seen in our relatives in nature. I can't think of a documentary I know off-hand that deals in exactly what you're looking for, but if you want evidence of vibrant, genetically driven changes in appearance over a short period of time within the same species, you need only look at dogs and cats and what we've done with them.

You could argue that this isn't natural because the genetic change is driven by us and not natural selection, and you'd be correct. I only chose that example for accessibility. In reality the process that gives us stark variations in appearance is indeed present in every other species on earth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenotype

We don't tend to notice it when we go out into nature for leisure. Look at these two moths, for example:

I would just assume they were two different species, but nope. I don't fully understand the science behind it, but we can all grasp white moth-black moth, yes?

Now, if you're still in the mood for a documentary on bad behavior shared between humans and chimps:

Here's a clip from BBC's excellent "Planet Earth", narrated by David Attenborough, describing a raid from one Chimpanzee tribe on another, presumably over territory containing desirable feeding grounds.
Warning, graphic violence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7XuXi3mqYM

If you're a nature lover and haven't seen this series, I highly recommend the box set on blu-ray, or failing that, the torrent is floating around. Tremendously entertaining and covers all manner of different natural topics.
Old 23-03-2017, 07:46 AM
Master
The Illusion of Separation is kinda the territory of this physical realm. It's part of it's makeup, or at least the perception.

We are Spirits. We chose to experience this realm of "illusionary separation" as part of our soul's growth. It was made possible by our Ancestors (symbolized as Adam and Eve in the Bible).

We are all in a sense, begin as Adam and Eve. But from this infant, naïve, innocent, young consciousness from Heaven we need to go through the powwow, the rounds, or journey through the material realm to develop a higher more evolved, perfected consciousness.

It's a realm where no strings are attached. We forget where we came from to learn from this realm.
God made us all pure and whole and perfect. But the thing is free will was given to every Spirit. And we all need the choice to direct our paths. Thus we were sons and daughter of God and became sons and daughters of Man in order to choose to continue or become sons/daughters of God again or become what something else and reject the Life-force (evil).

In Heaven and the spiritual realm there isn't enough room for complete free will. The physical realm and the illusion of separation gives us the opportunity to experience, learn, grow, evolve- whichever direction we desire whether that be good, neutral, worldly, or even evil. Thus we are going through an illusionary story but it has REAL power, REAL circumstances and consequences based on the freedom that the Supreme Spirit gave us.

To continue as a child of God and to grow into THAT image and nature, one only needs to remember, raise their awareness, plug back in, reconnect,- that is all salvation, liberation, enlightenment

It is a "happy Fall" we've all taken on, passed on from our ancestors, for the sake of self-consciousness which brings about personal choice and freedom (Adam eating the fruit- Tree of duality: good and evil), etc.

If I may add (since I am Christian):
Jesus was nailed to a cross made of a tree. This was symbolic to the First Century Israelities that they would know what the tree represented and why God allowed this terrible ordeal to occur, to allow his Son to be sinned against. Jesus was placed on what represents the "illusion of separation and duality", and through his example of showing that Love is the most powerful Force (Christ) in the universe, he showed and established the Way out of our suffering, the Way back to God. The Way back if one chooses to go back which just means to continue as you always ARE but just forget, is the same Way we came IN this realm- connection, at-one-ment, remembrance, redemption, renewal, resurrection- and what happened to Jesus afterwards as the result of his all-redeeming sacramental Act? He literally resurrected which defied all human history and all Man-made powers, defied the programs of worldly minds, evil minds, and those who've stepped on those beneath them.
Old 19-08-2018, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
The Illusion of Separation is kinda the territory of this physical realm. It's part of it's makeup, or at least the perception.

We are Spirits. We chose to experience this realm of "illusionary separation" as part of our soul's growth. It was made possible by our Ancestors (symbolized as Adam and Eve in the Bible).

We are all in a sense, begin as Adam and Eve. But from this infant, naïve, innocent, young consciousness from Heaven we need to go through the powwow, the rounds, or journey through the material realm to develop a higher more evolved, perfected consciousness.

It's a realm where no strings are attached. We forget where we came from to learn from this realm.
God made us all pure and whole and perfect. But the thing is free will was given to every Spirit. And we all need the choice to direct our paths. Thus we were sons and daughter of God and became sons and daughters of Man in order to choose to continue or become sons/daughters of God again or become what something else and reject the Life-force (evil).

In Heaven and the spiritual realm there isn't enough room for complete free will. The physical realm and the illusion of separation gives us the opportunity to experience, learn, grow, evolve- whichever direction we desire whether that be good, neutral, worldly, or even evil.

Thus we are going through an illusionary story but it has REAL power, REAL circumstances and consequences based on the freedom that the Supreme Spirit gave us.

To continue as a child of God and to grow into THAT image and nature, one only needs to remember, raise their awareness, plug back in, reconnect,- that is all salvation, liberation, enlightenment (is).

It is a "happy Fall" we've all taken on, passed on from our ancestors, for the sake of self-consciousness which brings about personal choice and freedom (Adam eating the fruit- Tree of duality: good and evil), etc.

If I may add (since I am Christian):
Jesus was nailed to a cross made of a tree. This was symbolic to the First Century Israelities that they would know what the tree represented and why God allowed this terrible ordeal to occur, to allow his Son to be sinned against. Jesus was placed on what represents the "illusion of separation and duality", and through his example of showing that Love is the most powerful Force (Christ) in the universe, he showed and established the Way out of our suffering, the Way back to God. The Way back if one chooses to go back which just means to continue as you always ARE but just forget, is the same Way we came IN this realm- connection, at-one-ment, remembrance, redemption, renewal, resurrection- and what happened to Jesus afterwards as the result of his all-redeeming sacramental Act? He literally resurrected which defied all human history and all Man-made powers, defied the programs of worldly minds, evil minds, and those who've stepped on those beneath them.
This is a wonderful treatise. I could have bolded so many sentences
So much wisdom in this!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-08-2018, 12:37 PM
Roger Wilco

wow i learned a lot that relates to this would take ages to share all
but 1st 'How did Illusion of Separation Begin?'
separation is an energy barrier which would once not have been there

its metaphor is adam and eve in paradise , the cherubim with the flaming sword god put there

but I think its karma from wrong doings by the last highly developed society
the Atlantis stuff They messed with the energies so created karma
that needed clearing , the great pyramid with out top is the representation of
that state of separation and its internal layout map trough time of the
path the separated would travel during that time

being not in paradise anymore

(this whole thing seems a bit far fetched and over complicated perhaps my brain was trying hard to be some one I am not)

Last edited by Roger Wilco : 19-08-2018 at 03:14 PM.
Old 19-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Here is my take on the separation, it is literal and it is not open to misinterpretation.

************************************************** ******************************

The Separation Cookbook:

First, you make yourself believe what noone, including God can believe.

Then (based on this premise) you use the eternity's expansion line, which is imagined as vertical line, and put it in the horizontal place. (for it can not be in the same place as the eternity, because it is different than it)

Then, you split the unchangeability of the eternity into future and the past. The figure which you now have looks just like a cross.
The past is to the left side, The future is to the right. You still have an access to the eternity right in the now.

Next of the steps, is you separate the waking state into waking and sleeping, into light and darkness.

Next you separate the nothingness, which you see into nothing and something.
This something becomes the universe, and the earth. This something becomes material, while the unseen stays as spiritual as it will always be.

Next you populate this earth with living creatures, and separates them into male and female, into animals and humans, into animals and insects, into smaller and bigger.

Next you separate the bodies into different colors.

Next you separate the bodies into different languages, classes, and degrees of importance.

[here you may include other separation attempts, like rich/poor, health/sickness, Hot/Warm etc etc etc]

************************************************** ******************************

When the separation occured does not matter, because you are still doing this right now.

Thanks for reading.
Old 19-08-2018, 03:11 PM
Ascender
Hmmm...
Maybe.. just maybe.. I am guessing here..since I don't know.

We have to understand separation to accept unity and oneness.
... more likely, we have to experience the illusion of separation to know that we are one.
Old 19-08-2018, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Hmmm...
Maybe.. just maybe.. I am guessing here..since I don't know.

We have to understand separation to accept unity and oneness.
... more likely, we have to experience the illusion of separation to know that we are one.

Insightful post, particularly "...we have to experience the illusion of separation to know that we are one". Since man is reportedly "made in the image of God" (Hermetic parallel is "as above, so below"), one can learn a lot about "the one becoming many" and "unity in diversity" by simply observing one's own self.

In "conscious sleep" , one can observe how the dreamer creates an entire illusionary appearance and, if not mindful, gets entangled in it and experiences separateness. Being able to shift attention from the dream object to the dreamer (deeper than a "lucid dream") can be very insightful in understanding and overcoming the illusion of separation through direct experience.

Although Amilius suggests that this is "is kinda the territory of this physical realm", one should not rule out the possibility that this phenomenon is the territory of the mental realm.
Old 19-08-2018, 03:43 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Insightful post, particularly "...we have to experience the illusion of separation to know that we are one". Since man is reportedly "made in the image of God" (Hermetic parallel is "as above, so below"), one can learn a lot about "the one becoming many" and "unity in diversity" by simply observing one's own self.

In "conscious sleep" , one can observe how the dreamer creates an entire illusionary appearance and, if not mindful, gets entangled in it and experiences separateness. Being able to shift attention from the dream object to the dreamer (deeper than a "lucid dream") can be very insightful in understanding and overcoming the illusion of separation through direct experience.

Although Amilius suggests that this is "is kinda the territory of this physical realm", one should not rule out the possibility that this phenomenon is the territory of the mental realm.

I wish I know what you are saying.
Such big words and lots of word twists.
But thanks?
Old 19-08-2018, 08:01 PM
Master

A simple approach to the question of how did the illusion of separation begin.

Being is unity without limits, there is no separation in Being.

Being expresses itself as individualised Consciousness.

Consciousness incarnates in the worlds of form.

The nature of form is limitation, and where there is limitation there is separation.

Consciousness can gaze outwards and identify with form and separation.

Or Consciousness can gaze inwards and identify with Being and unity.

When Consciousness identifies with Being then there is no separation, even while experiencing the limited worlds of form.

Peace.