Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 08-12-2013, 11:33 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by aubreyiris
I know for sure, though I didn't have a label for it until years later. I knew the first moment we made eye contact. I was shown very clearly. I don't need any signs. I always feel if someone doesn't know then it's probably not TF. I'm glad this is not something I knew about or was seeking before hand. It seems so many people are seeking this and want to label someone they have a connection with as such, where if they'd never heard the label they wouldn't think that it was more than deep love or attraction. Not seeking or knowing about it before it happens eliminates confusion or mislabeling. The TF thing is real but I'm convinced that its very rare. I don't know why people seek it. It's incredibly painful, in a way that will shake you to the very core of your being. It's not some fairy tale happily ever after thing. It is a spiritual battle. It is a battle between the good and evil in your very being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecenterisstill
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I only read the words "twin flame" for the first time a year ago. It's going to be 12 years soon since we first were in each other's physical space. If you had asked me a year ago before I knew about twin flames if this man was the most profound, most beautiful, most unique expression of love I've ever encountered outside myself, I would have said yes without any hesitation at all. The label does not matter. Don't get caught up in it. What do you feel? What do you know? If you feel and know that this woman has moved you the way you've said she has, then hold her in your heart and keep going where the connection has pointed you. With or without her.

And definitely, definitely let go of "every waking moment together". It's just not necessary, or healthy for that matter.

I agree with all of this, the bold is for emphasis.

I think most of us who are having a genuine experience here, were not consciously looking for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaroftheSea
I have never addressed my TF as "TF" or thought of him as a "TF" other than the term we all use here on the Twin Flame thread Klairic.

Yep, it is a way for me to relate here on this forum.... We (DC and I) know who and what we really Are...
This connection...this experience... has defined its self...It just Is. Trying to understand it and make sense of it all, is where the struggles come in (cue the breakdown of the Ego...). But, that is also very much a part of this experience, as it ultimately leads us to further growth and expansion....
It's being completely broken down and refined to your truest potential...like the phoenix rising from the ashes. A transformation...<-I know that phrase has probably been used a lot, but it's so true. Personally, I've always strongly identified with it. The phoenix rising from the ashes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
I like to practice loving everyone deeply as a part of me, as opposed to just singling out one individual person (TF).

A great way to approach life...

Quote:
Exactly. Some people on here - ahem - think some of us are tearing ourselves apart because of some romantic ideal of the one. Jesus god if someone else comes along and sweeps me off my feet with a beautiful, but easier, spiritual connection that shows me to myself like this has, bring it on. But even if that happens, it will never negate the magical connection I have with this man. No one, not even the man himself, can tell me this isn't real anymore.

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSong11
I would be open to another connection if it came my way and I would give that relationship just as much as I gave TF relationship.
I don't think we can only be happy with "the one" but I do believe nothing will ever match the connection we made. That doesn't make me miserable at all. I actually feel grateful I was given this experience in the first place.

Yes, yes, yes! I feel that my DC has opened me up to experience even more, and to see the other SCs I already have with even more depth, clarity, and appreciation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
People including you actually DO know what can happen in the future. Being in a monogamous relationship does not make you to be a blind. You will meet others that you find to be attractive or even desirable.
However, you would not "want" to be with others.

The "Unconditional love" seems to be very confusing to those who had never experienced it.

"Unconditional" applies to how YOU FEEL, PROTECT, and LOVE your beloved.

It is NOT about breaking promises and hurting her.
Simply, "Unconditional" is NOT about "Your freedom to behave without care" and/or to pursue "Your own human desires".

Some people do NOT have the ability to be in a monogamous relationship because they lack such capacity or desire.
Admitting that you are incapable of monogamous relationship is a good self acknowledgment.
And there is nothing wrong with it, as long as you do not make a false promise to be monogamous with someone.

and

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nada
Your dilemma becomes null when you actually fall in love deeply with someone.
Why?

Because when you are truly in love, monogamous becomes a part of your loving ways, as you find it in your ability without any forces. It is your willing choice.

Being monogamous to the one that you love and cherish is not a rule forced on you.... but it is a natural dedication to such love that stems from a part of you.. the part that you would discover.

Again, yes!

Last edited by MorpHnStorM : 08-12-2013 at 12:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Master
http://dramandanoelle.com/twin-flame...-slimming-tips

Then you have articles like this one above posted with more frequency. It has become a mockery, and Twin flame is no more than a term used to describe someone you can have great sex with. It just further repulses me of the entire subject. I get it, some people want to make the experience all cute and fluffy, like an good old fashioned fairytale, but how about these gurus add some common sense and down to earthiness while selling the twin flame package. All that they teach is how to add some glitter and forget that genuine twin flames are struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts and even the loss of their own private thoughts for that matter. Oh, but every tom and jane wants to meet their match made in heaven. Next stop, we'll have make-over tv shows where obese mothers of three are given a six week bootcamp fitness regime, $50k worth of cosmetic (incl dental) surgery and a five-figure wardrobe makeover in preparation for meeting her Twin f'n flame. Please. A month at Bagram will be more suitable preparation for them in reality.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Master

"What's the point anyways?"

You have to approach this from the vantage point that it is real, and it is like seeing a ghost--if you see a ghost you are less likely to question whether they exist. For those who have unmistakable TF encounter there is no question as to the authenticity of the connection. Typically people who do experience what could be consider a mindblowing experience search for information to help them comprehend what happened, and that is why the "theory" is relevant. It acknowledges the experience as more than some arbitrary theory.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Being friends is sort of more the point actually. Mine and I started out as friends and that's when we were happiest, really. Unfortunately we have a sexual chemistry that now unleashed, cannot be contained. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but...nah I don't think so. Anytime we try to deny it when we are physically in each other's presence, it's total chaos, because we're denying it.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I only read the words "twin flame" for the first time a year ago. It's going to be 12 years soon since we first were in each other's physical space. If you had asked me a year ago before I knew about twin flames if this man was the most profound, most beautiful, most unique expression of love I've ever encountered outside myself, I would have said yes without any hesitation at all. The label does not matter. Don't get caught up in it. What do you feel? What do you know? If you feel and know that this woman has moved you the way you've said she has, then hold her in your heart and keep going where the connection has pointed you. With or without her.

And definitely, defnitely let go of "every waking moment together". It's just not necessary, or healthy for that matter. But more importantly you are stuck on that idea because of what you see around you, the relationships you see around you, most of which are not working. They're just not. Not in a way that allows for spiritual growth and acceleration of consciousness on this planet. If you're not interested in a relationship that does that, there are plenty of women (I know about 50) who will spend every waking moment with you if you promise to commit to them "forever" and then keep your mask on the whole time.

Sorry Klairic, of I'm coming at you hard. Give up the pursuit of "relationship", definitely. I think it's part of the process. But don't lose the lesson. It doesn't matter if she's your twin flame, it doesn't even matter if that's a real thing. It's a label to explain an experience. Deal with the experience.

So well said. I go through these dramas/phases where I try to renounce mine, only to have the connection sneak back in on some level. We still participate on these boards, so we are still trying to figure it out...I wonder if the long separations, decades sometimes, and then the reconnecting in the 3D where & when you least expect it, is more of the "testing" in which souls recognize that enduring love that surpasses time..
Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 PM
Mayflow

Well I think Nada and I have been twin flames for around 659 lifetimes now. Doesn't mean we do the same things or live in the same places much less be boyfriend/girlfriend - it is a Spirit thing.

Now - just now- at this specific little point in time we each have independently promoted each other to twin rays - not sure about Nada but I think we may have at least one other Ray and eventually there may be many more.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:38 PM
thecenterisstill

My best male friend is someone who fell in love with me at first sight when we were 14. He's gay. Anytime we tell people our history thus far and I in any way seem, to him, to invalidate that he was actually romantically in love with me in high school, he gets very adamant: "It was real. I felt it. It doesn't matter that I'm gay, it was real." I do believe him. Because in college I fell in love with him! For real. It was beautiful torture. He had a girlfriend. A very serious monogamous relationship. It killed me. For three years I didn't tell him how I felt (hmmm, same amount of time I kept it from magic man, interesting) and for three years I tried to figure out what it was. What is this what is this what is this - same thing. In a sense I knew he was gay, and I kept bumping up against that, in the back of my mind. But oh lord, I was consumed by it.

When I finally laid it all out for him right after we graduated from college, he was...mad maybe? Sort of. That I'd spent three years oppressing myself with questions of what we were without taking to him about it. We separated in a way, talked still, but something had shifted and we needed to feel it. He broke up with his girlfriend when she realized they weren't going to get married. And then he met his partner, who he's been with for 10 years, who is an angel in my life, to put it simply. When he entered the scene things began to fall away and best friend and I started to find our natural rhythm with each other. I talked to best friend the other night. We said I love you at least 10 times during that call. We can breathe with each other now.

It was REAL. The feelings he had in high school for me, and the feelings that surfaced in me in college for him, were real. Are real. We are all trying to find our natural rhythm with each other. To honor these connections. Best friend says to me sometimes "I fell in love for you at first sight because I knew." He just didn't know what he "knew" because the noise of being a gay teenager and the noise of the world that wants everything in neat packages drowned out his knowing. It's been 23 years for him and I, and we still hit up against things that neither of us know immediately how to navigate. We keep going.

We say best friends, but honestly, both of us know there really is no label for two people like us. The way we love each other, the way we challenge each other, the way we are committed to each other fiercely, for no other reason that we kept following the love. Some nights when the three of us are together, best friend and I end the evening with a slow dance to one of our many songs. There are so many. :) And his sweet boyfriend finds something else to do while this connection we don't really have a name for expresses it's unique intimacy through best friend and I in a way that we don't need a name for anymore.

Don't traumatize yourself when you know. The world wants you to figure it out, name it, validate it, package it up. Your soul just wants you to feel it, to honor the connection.
Old 08-12-2013, 03:09 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
My best male friend is someone who fell in love with me at first sight when we were 14. He's gay. Anytime we tell people our history thus far and I in any way seem, to him, to invalidate that he was actually romantically in love with me in high school, he gets very adamant: "It was real. I felt it. It doesn't matter that I'm gay, it was real." I do believe him. Because in college I fell in love with him! For real. It was beautiful torture. He had a girlfriend. A very serious monogamous relationship. It killed me. For three years I didn't tell him how I felt (hmmm, same amount of time I kept it from magic man, interesting) and for three years I tried to figure out what it was. What is this what is this what is this - same thing. In a sense I knew he was gay, and I kept bumping up against that, in the back of my mind. But oh lord, I was consumed by it.

When I finally laid it all out for him right after we graduated from college, he was...mad maybe? Sort of. That I'd spent three years oppressing myself with questions of what we were without taking to him about it. We separated in a way, talked still, but something had shifted and we needed to feel it. He broke up with his girlfriend when she realized they weren't going to get married. And then he met his partner, who he's been with for 10 years, who is an angel in my life, to put it simply. When he entered the scene things began to fall away and best friend and I started to find our natural rhythm with each other. I talked to best friend the other night. We said I love you at least 10 times during that call. We can breathe with each other now.

It was REAL. The feelings he had in high school for me, and the feelings that surfaced in me in college for him, were real. Are real. We are all trying to find our natural rhythm with each other. To honor these connections. Best friend says to me sometimes "I fell in love for you at first sight because I knew." He just didn't know what he "knew" because the noise of being a gay teenager and the noise of the world that wants everything in neat packages drowned out his knowing. It's been 23 years for him and I, and we still hit up against things that neither of us know immediately how to navigate. We keep going.

We say best friends, but honestly, both of us know there really is no label for two people like us. The way we love each other, the way we challenge each other, the way we are committed to each other fiercely, for no other reason that we kept following the love. Some nights when the three of us are together, best friend and I end the evening with a slow dance to one of our many songs. There are so many. :) And his sweet boyfriend finds something else to do while this connection we don't really have a name for expresses it's unique intimacy through best friend and I in a way that we don't need a name for anymore.

Don't traumatize yourself when you know. The world wants you to figure it out, name it, validate it, package it up. Your soul just wants you to feel it, to honor the connection.

That is just ... give it time...
---

Super cool!

Nada, Silent, Smiler and others, how about some Super Rays?
Old 08-12-2013, 03:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by vis-à-vis
http://dramandanoelle.com/twin-flame...-slimming-tips

Then you have articles like this one above posted with more frequency. It has become a mockery, and Twin flame is no more than a term used to describe someone you can have great sex with. It just further repulses me of the entire subject. I get it, some people want to make the experience all cute and fluffy, like an good old fashioned fairytale, but how about these gurus add some common sense and down to earthiness while selling the twin flame package. All that they teach is how to add some glitter and forget that genuine twin flames are struggling with depression, suicidal thoughts and even the loss of their own private thoughts for that matter. Oh, but every tom and jane wants to meet their match made in heaven. Next stop, we'll have make-over tv shows where obese mothers of three are given a six week bootcamp fitness regime, $50k worth of cosmetic (incl dental) surgery and a five-figure wardrobe makeover in preparation for meeting her Twin f'n flame. Please. A month at Bagram will be more suitable preparation for them in reality.

Wow, that link. For a second I thought it was a prank. Maybe it is! I don't think people are upset with the term twinflame as much as they are upset with what people have done with that term. In my opinion, one has to cut through the junk that is out there and find information that resonates with themselves and how they feel.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:35 PM
Nada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Well I think Nada and I have been twin flames for around 659 lifetimes now.

Well actually 1576 lifetimes. But who is counting.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:01 PM
Mayflow

OH SUCH A LONG TIME! Will you still go to a new prom with me? There are a lot of Spiritually inspirational dances to be danced - I can go stag if you don't want to.