Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 12-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody

yes i feel you are against me, as a said before. no i do not mind you, different people are different.

i'm not against you. so you don't mind people who, as you say, attack you? i don't mind ppl who attack me verbally but then i don't think i was attacking you...maybe it would serve your purposes if i was portrayed as attacking you in this thread.?

i did not suggest you had only mentioned food...

i didn't imply you did, i was reminding you, in reply to the statement that its not only food and drink, that i had mentioned other factors so was aobviously already aware that it wasn't just food and drink.

and yes no child constantly acts up... i have 3 younger brothers that i live with, they do not have adhd, for they are very good kids at times. other times not so much. kids will be kids. they need to know when certain behavior is unacceptable and a stern talking to is not always enough. i would not go so far as to completely change their diet though, i dont feel this has anything to do with their behavior (not saying for all kids) and i definitely would not suggest they be put on any kind of medication.

yes i have said too thats it not only diet, a relaxed atmosphere and i would add someone who has a peacefull presence looking after them plus fun and constructive things to do.. what happens when they are as big as you and their behaviour, for sake of argument, is worse...what will you dfo then, cos the time will come. look many folk can do it, that you cannot doesn't mean there are not alternayives and ways to deal with it beyond hitting just that you don't know them is all.

we both agree the medication is bad, i pat you on the back for this.

cheers am i good boy now. i don't need encouraging.

well if a child is acting up maybe just a few times a week...what do you do?
me: lil smack on the butt and a "dont be doing that"

whats that got to do with what i said? that was in reply to the implication that i thought all tantrums were adhd...

but no sadly i have not found any natural remedies for adhd, if i had this all would have been avoided :p

so why post at all?..no winks, rolling eyes or poke tongues, tc

have you ever tried flower essences on youyr brothers. i recommend them.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 13-06-2012, 05:34 AM
trappedinabody

"diet, a relaxed atmosphere and i would add someone who has a peacefull presence looking after them plus fun and constructive things to do"
unfortunately this is life and not all of these things are in every situation you have to deal with throughout any given day.
kids act up when they dont get their way, its part of growing up.

"cheers am i good boy now. i don't need encouraging."
lol... well... sorry for the encouragement... i guess...?...

im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess you are not around kids very often.

"whats that got to do with what i said? that was in reply to the implication that i thought all tantrums were adhd..."
that has nothing specifically to do with what you have said, this is a question i am asking you...hence the question mark :p

"so why post at all?..no winks, rolling eyes or poke tongues, tc"
jeeez... i posted because i saw someone make a post comparing giving medication to a child with adhd was as necessary as giving an inhaler to a child with asthma.
and then i posted again to agree with this
"Originally Posted by sesheta
I would never condone striking a child hard enough to actually physically harm them...but I think when I child is young, a firm spanking to let them know that the situation is serious and that you will not tolerate the behaviour, sometimes works better than any amount of "speaking to them" can."
which is then of course when you attacked me for i cannot agree with someone for not know their mind or something...?

and no i have not tried flower essance on my little brothers for an occasional acting out... they are kids.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody
unfortunately this is life and not all of these things are in every situation you have to deal with throughout any given day.
kids act up when they dont get their way, its part of growing up.

yeah and some folk deal with perfectly well without hitting.

lol... well... sorry for the encouragement... i guess...?...

no appology necessary

im gonna take a wild stab in the dark and guess you are not around kids very often.

up until my reactions got severe i spent 3-4 whole days a week for 12-13 years looking after a child and many times his friends as well.

"whats that got to do with what i said? that was in reply to the implication that i thought all tantrums were adhd..."
that has nothing specifically to do with what you have said, this is a question i am asking you...hence the question mark :p

it was under a statement i made hence the confusion. i normally delete what i'm not answering to. in answer to the question what do you do if you're child occasionally acts, say 3 times a week...i think you know my views on this already....

jeeez... i posted because i saw someone make a post comparing giving medication to a child with adhd was as necessary as giving an inhaler to a child with asthma.

fair enough, i liked that post but forgot it was you.

and then i posted again to agree with this
"Originally Posted by sesheta
I would never condone striking a child hard enough to actually physically harm them...but I think when I child is young, a firm spanking to let them know that the situation is serious and that you will not tolerate the behaviour, sometimes works better than any amount of "speaking to them" can."

many folk manage without resorting to violence just you and sesheta can't. physical harm is not the only type of harm.

which is then of course when you attacked me for i cannot agree with someone for not know their mind or something...?

why is an opinion an attack? i stand by that statement and assert that it is not asttack unless you can show me how or why it is. she might find your use of force excessive, can't say for sure asd she doesn't know the times/reasons when you use it and vice versa.

and no i have not tried flower essance on my little brothers for an occasional acting out... they are kids.

personally i don't need flower essences everytime a kid is ruffled as do many others not need it, but i offer as a means for you to overt resorting to violence which i would have thought is desirable esp[ecially if resorting to violence is accepotable a few times a week which isn't that occasional is it.. and as you say that if a child acts up a few times a week , what do you do, a lil smack etc...i was smacked at home and thats very excessive even by my mother's standards.

so have you had a nice day? taking my lad to work in a bit as we've just got him a part time job. we can be friendly and disagree.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 13-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Sybilline

Necta, what is this flower essence? I have essential oils in mind... Am I correct?
Old 13-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
in fact i would categoreically state that hitting and violence is not a natural remedy for adhd....

Oh! I agree. Definitely not, if it's actually ADHD. The ones I mentioned earlier, I suppose I forgot to clear up, is for hyper and attention-seeking children, that are taking it way too far, and if you're sure it's not ADHD (again, I have read non-physical methods work, too)

IMO, hitting a kid with ADHD to try to calm him down is like calling a mentally-challenged child "stupid" because he can't do stuff like other kids his age can.
Old 13-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Necta, what is this flower essence? I have essential oils in mind... Am I correct?

hi Sybil, no they're completely different. not to say that lavender and other oils wouldn't calm an atmosphere but essences are more direct and powerfull at affecting the emotions of a space and person i feel. they're very easy and i would say fun to make. it's closer to homeopathy though different. a flower head is tipped over so that it touches the water in a container (for a few minutes if not longer). one drop of this is added to another fresh container of water or alcohol if its expected to last (this is now your stock bottle) and then a drop of that (from the stock bottle) is added to another container/vial of alcohol (this is the one that is administered from).

i used to use "jan de vries" child essence...you can get "woman essence" etc etc "calm and clear" etc......one way they work is that the clolour of the flower has a similar vibratory frequency to it's corresponding chakra of similar colour...so a daffodil affrects the solar plexus and you can have multiple essences...tones and relaxes it. you can also get animal essences like "wolf"...and bach essences use trees as well. someone might be able to correct some of thius butr in essnce! i think its along the right lines. i have made it before...there are youtube vids and it is easy. you generally add drops to a drink or it can be sprayed as well. they are very powerful is my experience. check em out, make your own, sell them, what a great way to earn a living.

my 17 year old lad still uses the sprays now and he's into football and all that. i doubt he tells his mates its flower essence lol but he likes it...smells nice cos it has essential oils in it to.

some folk use them just for general space clearing and atmosphere calming on a daily basis. they're great for interviews and exams. my lad had some for his latest job intervbiew..

Flower Essences and Children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkhJPFLZGe0

first one i could find ^

Old 13-06-2012, 08:10 AM
Sybilline

Oh! Hm, never heard of them! :)) Sounds like something I can do on my free time indeed, thanks!
Old 13-06-2012, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Oh! I agree. Definitely not, if it's actually ADHD. The ones I mentioned earlier, I suppose I forgot to clear up, is for hyper and attention-seeking children, that are taking it way too far, and if you're sure it's not ADHD (again, I have read non-physical methods work, too)

it was clear that most would not hit an ill child but a react up of any kind could be said to have it roots in a problem that might not be of the "well" childs making....not that react ups should never happen but that i don't see them as the fauilt of the child most of the time so why blame them and if it is their fault you can aoid violence so why not. and as you probably know adhd comes in degrees and can be easily missed...better to have a blanket no violence approach and cover all bases, for me anyways. and i would say that additives and sugar, pesticvides etc will make most children hyper and hard to control, hence why pesticides are band in baby food in the uk but there's so many other triggers. i know its hard, parents are stressed but you can just say no to that one approach.

Old 13-06-2012, 08:19 AM
Master
there was a study done on rats; when they were fed a typical western diet they interbred and became aggressive...when this was changed to a wholefood organic diet the interbreeding stopped and they became gentle and caring toweard their young.

the fact that animal testing is wrong aside, it has some important ramifications on how diet can affect behaviour, even sexually, of animals and humans.

Old 13-06-2012, 08:34 AM
Sybilline

Oh dear... Well I guess it's no surprise, I mean those GMO's and stuff are practically, well, just not food, they can be made of anything, cellulose (ie, paper pulp), wood lacquer, etc, anything BUT food!

It makes me sad to think that our children are eating this garbage, and that capitalism is making it more and more difficult to get to the organic stuff, by making them so much more inaccessible, and seemingly expensive.