Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 28-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Cano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciel_perdu
The problem Cano is that you completely disregard what the actual prophecy says about everyone in the world need something in their right hand or forehead without which they cannot buy and sell.

I don't have a problem with people coming up with different interpretations to text, but when someones interpretation overlooks the obvious, then I start to wonder, WHY, this person is choosing to not see what it clearly says.

Have I given up buying and selling things? No, I still buy and sell. However, I am preparing for a time when I will not be able to buy and sell, by learning to live by faith, working for God and not money.

If in the future there comes some technology that one has to have in their hand or forehead, without which they cannot buy or sell, will you take it?

Have you read some of my previous posts about the movement towards a cashless society? Have you checked out the link I gave that shows clubs in Europe that are implanting microchips into people's arms, used for buying and selling?

There is a movement happening, and we need to be preparing to live without money.

It is this that is uncomfortable for people. Jesus makes it clear we can't work for God and money at the same time, and the Revelation is clear that anyone who takes the mark will be damned by God. To follow Jesus, is what it takes to also reject the mark. We need to forsake our familes, our jobs, our money, our possessions, and learn to live by faith, work for love and let God provide for us.

You can say I am a control artist, or that I am just combining superstition with mental gymnastics, but is asking someone to simply deal with what the actual text says unreasonable? Perhaps you can try and do that?
"Some callings are not holy and others secular. All things are sacred in the lives of those who are spirit led; that is, subordinated to truth, ennobled by love, dominated by mercy, and restrained by fairness — justice."
Jesus indicated that to love money or the ways of this world more then God was the problem, not money. Money is just a means of exchange. It facilitates a more liquid flow of goods and services. I can't send in a pile of beaver pelts to pay my mortgage. When someone pays bills online they are already making and even more efficient, paperless transaction.

The book of revelation was the last and most controversial book to be added to the cannon. I don't need to take it literally, or even seriously any more then the Book of Enoch (which was also considered inspired by early believers until the church "un-inspired" it).

Cano
Old 28-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Mayflow

If money is evil, then the house I live in is evil, the state and the country I live in is evil. The vehicle I drive is evil, the computer keyboard I am using must be the mark of the beast! On the other hand, maybe people calling them and me all evil might just possibly be incorrect in their judgments of them and me. If you really believe that using money is evil, you can not post here or even read here without also being evil.
Old 28-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Master
The Beast and babylon

The mark of the beast is about something other than silver, gold, paper and coins.
It is about the means of financial transactions involving a, "mark" imposed on all people. Involving other things with respect to monitoring, and numbering...tracking. Connecting with the technologies of GPS, and satellites, and computers.
One can see how in a global crisis, or disaster, that the lines and designs in a bar code are, "marks".
How, the electronic economy is already entrenched in the world.
The world itself connecting to both, "Babylon", and regarding a system of doing things in which all of humanity is participatory, as, "The Beast".

The, "Man", or "Son of lawlessness", a.k.a the anti-christ, is not,
"The Beast". The beast is not a person, persay.

The Beast is a system within, "Babylon", or, the material, "World".

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 28-01-2012, 07:43 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
The mark of the beast is about something other than silver, gold, paper and coins.
It is about the means of financial transactions involving a, "mark" imposed on all people. Involving other things with respect to monitoring, and numbering...tracking. Connecting with the technologies of GPS, and satellites, and computers.
One can see how in a global crisis, or disaster, that the lines and designs in a bar code are, "marks".
How, the electronic economy is already entrenched in the world.
The world itself connecting to both, "Babylon", and regarding a system of doing things in which all of humanity is participatory, as, "The Beast".

The, "Man", or "Son of lawlessness", a.k.a the anti-christ, is not,
"The Beast". The beast is not a person, persay.

The Beast is a system within, "Babylon", or, the material, "World".

At the writing of Revelations, which was likely written by someone with a personal agenda, and or modified by others to suit their agendas people did not know of GPS and RF energies and Microwaves, or of modern electronics. Who has brought these new understandings to us? The beast? Long live the beast if this is the case.
Old 29-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Dilchannan

I do not believe anyone said money was evil, unless you make it and use it to do evil, or do evil to make money. Or perhaps if you worship money, and not the Father.

What is being said is that one day, and possibly soon, you will need a mark on the right hand or forehead to use money. To buy, sell or trade. At this moment it is not happening everywhere. I have no mark, and I pay for my internet, my home, food and clothing.

Read everything....

Peace be with you always.
Old 31-01-2012, 02:05 PM
ciel_perdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
It does seem as if the financiers are inexorably working to ensnare us into this kind of fate. This isn't inevitable. We can choose to make something different happen. We can stand up and say "NO" to those who would enslave us so our children, or perhaps our children's children won't end up having to make this awful decision someday.

Thanks Gentledove for your thoughts. It's true people can stand up and say no, and I am sure people will, but when push comes to shove, if it means you lose your house, your possessions, your reputation, jobs, and that you can't provide for your family, MOST people will unfortunately give in. It's going to take real faith and real sacrifice to reject the Mark of the Beast, and that's something we can only find by seriously heeding and obeying Jesus' teachings about living by faith.
Old 31-01-2012, 02:35 PM
ciel_perdu

Mayflow wrote:
Quote:
I don't take that book nearly as literally. This works better for me:

Mark of the Beast: This strange mark, 666, represents vows and obligations we have made to the work of the Beast and how we condemn rather than help any effort to overcome the Beast’s influence. The Beast is like our ego and egocentric interests. It represents the work of self alone, without God’s influence. The mark is erased when the work of our hands and thoughts of our minds are cooperating with God, rather than simply being self-driven. The Beast is our lower nature at our most selfish, self-centered, self-gratifying, self-glorifying point of existence.

Well, thanks for sharing what 'works better for you'. My question would be WHY does this work better for you?

Your whole idea of what the Mark is still overlooks what the actually prophecys says, i.e. all will need it to buy and sell, and it will be a mark in one's right hand or forehead. I means seriously, why the need to overlook something that IS pretty literal i.e. no buying or selling without a mark, in favor of something fancy from your own mind?

Your thought alone doesn't make sense (irregardless of the buying and selling/right-hand or forehead.

You say:
Quote:
The mark is erased when the work of our hands and thoughts of our minds are cooperating with God.

There has to be a pencil mark for me to erase it, right? So, it seems you are saying that we already HAVE the Mark of the Beast, but that by doing good with our hand and hearts it will be erased. So how does that tie into what it says in Revelation 14:9-11, where an angel says that anyone who has recieved the mark will be tormented forever and ever, and will have no rest day or night, and that we will drink the full wrath of God? Surely, by your interpretation we are already damned?

But, back to the buying and selling. Why no reference to that in your 'fanciful theory'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
Everyone here who is saying money is evil is using either their own or someone else's money to even be able to get on the internet. You are then saying that you are using evil money, but no one else should? This is not a very equal equation. It makes no sense to use your own or others money to tell others they shouldn't.

Perhaps you can give some examples of where people have been saying that money is evil?

Mayflow
Quote:
If money is evil, then the house I live in is evil, the state and the country I live in is evil. The vehicle I drive is evil, the computer keyboard I am using must be the mark of the beast! On the other hand, maybe people calling them and me all evil might just possibly be incorrect in their judgments of them and me. If you really believe that using money is evil, you can not post here or even read here without also being evil.

You are definitely reacting. Again, where has anyone said that money is evil? You're being quite irrational. Why is that?

Again, for your benefit, no one is saying that money is evil. What people are saying is much like Paul said, ''The love of money is the root of all evil''.

I am saying that Jesus calls us to serve one Master, be it God or Mammon (money and all that it can buy). And I am highlighting Jesus asking for us to make a choice between money and God, is a very good second witness for the mark of the beast, and time when everyone will need to choose to either live by faith in God and love, or live by fear and greed, and accept the mark. There will be no more 'sitting on the fence'. No more, pretending we are doing God's will, but we're really just working for ourselves. It will be very clear. It's exciting in many ways, because the spiritual mask is going to drop from everyone's faces, and there won't be all of this spiritual confusion.

Jesus himself used money, his disciples used it too, but I don't see evidence that Jesus taught them to work for it. On the contrary, I see him teaching them to forsake everything, family, possessions, jobs, etc, and to follow him preaching the gospel. God provided for them, as he will for us. This is good news!

Dilchannan wrote:
Quote:
I do not believe anyone said money was evil, unless you make it and use it to do evil, or do evil to make money. Or perhaps if you worship money, and not the Father.

What is being said is that one day, and possibly soon, you will need a mark on the right hand or forehead to use money. To buy, sell or trade. At this moment it is not happening everywhere. I have no mark, and I pay for my internet, my home, food and clothing.

Read everything....

Peace be with you always.

Great response! I appreciate you trying to bring it back clearly to what is being said, rather than what someone is 'hearing'.

That time is what we need to be preparing for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3697940

Dilchannan, here is the link I posted previously, that you might want to check out. Obviously the technology is not in the hand or forehead, but it's one step closer to a cashless society, and one step closer to having a mark within one's body. It's only a matter of time before this will be widespread. Perhaps it will take some global catastrophe to give Governments and Banks the ideal scenario with which to push through this kind of change, but like the Revelation says ''He Causes all..'' Perhaps all the cause that is needed is our own fear of poverty, our own fear of losing our reputation, families, possessions, etc?

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you stay strong in your faith, and prepare for that time, by learning to live by faith now, as I am sure you are already doing.

Paix
Old 31-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
Great response! I appreciate you trying to bring it back clearly to what is being said, rather than what someone is 'hearing'.

That time is what we need to be preparing for.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3697940

Dilchannan, here is the link I posted previously, that you might want to check out. Obviously the technology is not in the hand or forehead, but it's one step closer to a cashless society, and one step closer to having a mark within one's body. It's only a matter of time before this will be widespread. Perhaps it will take some global catastrophe to give Governments and Banks the ideal scenario with which to push through this kind of change, but like the Revelation says ''He Causes all..'' Perhaps all the cause that is needed is our own fear of poverty, our own fear of losing our reputation, families, possessions, etc?

Anyway, I sincerely hope that you stay strong in your faith, and prepare for that time, by learning to live by faith now, as I am sure you are already doing.

Paix

Thank you Paix, and May God Bless you always.. I tried the link and it takes me to a 404 error. Would love to read it though.

I am enjoying this deeper relationship with our Father, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit. Everyday is something new and wonderful.

What really moves me, is our Living Father who shows himself to those who seek him always. You can search and search for other ways and paths, all with no true proof (maybe imagination), but follow God and He will show you..Believing is seeing..

Much love and peace to you all..
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 AM
ciel_perdu

HI Dilchannan,

Yeah, I just tried to the link and it didn't work. Sorry about that. Below is a cut and paste of the text from the BBC page. Here is a new link (hopefully it works). Otherwise just google verichip baja beach club and it's listed around 4th on the page. It would be good to hear your thoughts on this. There are youtube videos that show how the technology is used in the clubs to, which you might want to check out. For example, when the chip is scanned, it acts as ID not just cash, so a picture of the person appears on the screen, etc.

It's very inovative technology, which is what the Mark will be. No more need for wallets, cash, cheques, credit cards, drivers license, social security cards, passports, etc, etc. It will all be on the chip. How very convenient.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3697940.stm

Oh, one last thought. This article is 2004!

bar tab.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 27-02-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Dilchannan

Quote:
HI Dilchannan,

Yeah, I just tried to the link and it didn't work. Sorry about that. Below is a cut and paste of the text from the BBC page. Here is a new link (hopefully it works). Otherwise just google verichip baja beach club and it's listed around 4th on the page. It would be good to hear your thoughts on this. There are youtube videos that show how the technology is used in the clubs to, which you might want to check out. For example, when the chip is scanned, it acts as ID not just cash, so a picture of the person appears on the screen, etc.

It's very inovative technology, which is what the Mark will be. No more need for wallets, cash, cheques, credit cards, drivers license, social security cards, passports, etc, etc. It will all be on the chip. How very convenient.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3697940.stm

Oh, one last thought. This article is 2004!

bar tab.

It is the beginning...It will not stop there, it will spread across Europe and the world. How convenient some people will say. Imo, I say run away from anything like that as fast as you can.

Have Faith that God will provide for you, as He does for all the creatures, how much more He will do for you.

What was prophesied in the Bible will come true. Take a look at Ezekiel 38-39, I believe that we are nearing this right now. Pray for Israel!

Peace to you.