Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 17-08-2021, 11:09 AM
Lorelyen

Time I had a Latin signature.

'cogito sumere potum alterum!' or 'Musica cordis bonum est'

Can't decide. Where are my dice?

I see "the human" as a spectrum from our deepest drives, expressed by the Evolutionary Psychiatrists as "the drive to preserve the genes" to our deepest aspirations (that we create in the neocortex based on many developmental milestones along the way). The ego is the interface with the ecology, malleable, providing from a repertoire resulting from experiences. If someone can't respond they have to make something up pdq, assuming their amygdala(s) allow, reacting to stimuli a bit before those stimuli reach conscious awareness. About 200mS roughly. A lot can happen in 1/5 of a second in the brain.

Much animate organic life follows a similar pattern, so the ethologists would say.

Old 17-08-2021, 01:44 PM
Pathfinder
I'd go with Music being good for the heart...but I am a muso so...
Saying from the book of Set.

"Thirteen Moons,
Thirteen Constellations,
Thirteen Tribes,
Thirteen Emanations..."

"All we have to decide in this world is what to do with the time we are given." Quote from Gandolph the wizard.
Old 17-08-2021, 03:34 PM
Eelco

In order to let ego go, first you have to build one..
Joking aside every phonemena can be considered ego as long as someone perceives that phenomenon as me or mine.

The act of letting that idea of me or mine go will trigger the ego. That should give someone a good idea of what their ego is like.
Old 17-08-2021, 04:33 PM
Master

Is there a spirit mind. Is this a question as well. We can say people do not know the spirit (they are). The programs (instinct) has to do with the body. The program mentioned are physical, biochemical based. The mind would be the spirit mind that which one become or returns to. One can think of it in terms of moving from to. In a way you are also becoming mind, becoming more. When body goes away, consciousness does not. The body may not think as the non body would. It certainly won't feel the same way which will be alien to spirit. The mind can be thought of as the permanent portion of consciousness, not the temporary. The temporary wants to be permanent. So yeah, I have to agree with others, the spirit is not ego, that is obvious, but spirit might have some sort of ego.
Old 17-08-2021, 11:54 PM
Master

Perhaps...
ego is control and making be through what and how ‘it’ wants things to be.

Rather than viewing through things as ‘just is’ as things are. The witness or observer noticing aware. The watcher not attached to a story or belief.

The ego wields a story and reason up against beliefs and it’s own organised mind. It says this is so because this is why! It protects its own reasoning and causation unaware of that hold of itself. Yet cause and affect contain the ego with a belief.

Where as noticing yourself and others/life through an open stream of your being, there is nothing deciding anything when the ego settles into being. When you stop controlling your mind body and flow with everything, the ego has no ‘rightness’ to take over through it’s beliefs or reasoning.

Ego becomes the wisdom of understanding yourself as a totality of being,

-a blank canvas, you could say.

And not one thing.

If you attach to spirit and ignore the body your still controlling through spirit.

While you defend what you are, or believe, when all of you seeks to be realized as a totality, you’ll find yourself still using the ego to identify what your being and why.

Wisdom makes no claims of ‘right’ or ‘wrong’, has no battles with what is..
Old 18-08-2021, 12:07 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Perhaps...
ego is control and making be through what and how ‘it’ wants things to be.
Rather than viewing through things as ‘just is’ as things are. The witness or observer noticing aware. The watcher not attached to a story or belief.
How would a person like me go about finding how to spiritually direct a path for myself in spirituality? I'm quite lost.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 22-08-2021 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 18-08-2021, 12:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion_Lion
How would a person like me go about finding how to spiritually direct a path for myself in spirituality? I'm quite lost.

The path tended to just open through an interest beyond mainstream for myself. How I tuned into that path was often what part of myself felt lost.

So maybe that’s a starting point.

Are you trying to heal something? Open to something? Expand your knowledge?
Build a deeper connection to yourself?

That’s just some ideas in the enquiry, but you’ll have your own.
Old 18-08-2021, 01:46 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
The path tended to just open through an interest beyond mainstream for myself. How I tuned into that path was often what part of myself felt lost.
So maybe that’s a starting point.
Well, all of them. I'm trying to heal me. I'm seeking the cause of my pain. To eradicate it. I'm trying to open my self-love I guess to trust myself and the universe. To know also why I'm going through somany hard things lately.

Maybe no more knowledge. Don't really need more info in my head.

And to build a deeper connection to myself, mainly to deepen my relationships in my immediate life.

I'm not sure what you mean by this sentence you wrote:

"How I tuned into that path was often what part of myself felt lost. "

You tuned into the lost parts of you?

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 22-08-2021 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 18-08-2021, 01:50 AM
Ascender
But to be honest I'm very flawed just as everyone else is so why should I try to make my life so great why can't I just be content with the life that I do have and happy that I get to live it? Why does it have to be any different? Why must I make a change? Whenever being satisfied is better than having something better or something different.
Old 18-08-2021, 02:35 AM
Master

So in all those things you wish to become your also stating you could be accepting of what is and be with what is.

I suppose you could ask yourself, how do I forge a path that allows for both responses?

What I meant by that statement you didn’t understand, was I used my struggles to seek a path. So if for example I wanted to overcome my incessant negative self talk, I took up a class that helped me develop differently. Or I retrained my self talk to build self love.

Last edited by JustBe : 18-08-2021 at 03:38 AM.