Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

View Poll Results: Are you a sceptic of a critic or a Believer
Sceptic 4 30.77%
Critic 1 7.69%
Believer 8 61.54%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2021, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
...Mediums are born and not made but they can be helped to develop their gifts and to deliver the message of survival most effectively.
That is what I understand from medium friends, yes.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 07-07-2021, 07:03 AM
Master
If you look at when Modern Day Spiritualism began, virtually everybody gives credit to the Fox sisters for opening the 'doorway' for spirit communications. Very few people look at the Mother, and especially on her Mother's side of the family, that had the power of 'second sight'. Actually, it was the Mother who put the raps into a format for communication. But as far as I have seen, nobody ever seems to give her credit for that.

The more I study various religions, especially Modern Day Spiritualism, the more I get to understand them.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-07-2021, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
That is what I understand from medium friends, yes.

If you look at some viewpoints from Spiritist, they are more inclined to believe everyone is born a Medium. This is a different viewpoint then what Spiritualist believe.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 07-07-2021, 08:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Mediums are not, of course, necessarily Spiritists or Spiritualists and whatever anyone believes to be the case - be they Spiritists or Spiritualists - we can't know the situation for absolute certainty. And those who are not mediums and neither Spiritists nor Spiritualists may have just as much idea as those who are in one or more categories!

We simply can't know that any mediumistic attributes weren't there and latent even if an individual appears to have been taught 'how to do it'. BUT neither can we say that an individual had not learned from scratch. What we can say is that some individuals can be helped by experienced mediums over how best to develop and deploy whatever attributes they have.
Old 07-07-2021, 08:30 AM
Deactivated Account
As with financial investment products, the past is no guide to the future.

The way the movement and religion of Modern Spiritualism came into existence all those years ago is now largely irrelevant other than for historians and comparative religion students.

I'm much more interested in the present, what happens in the here and now. For that I listen to those who are 'doing it' routinely, observe them when I can and reach my own judgment as to how much they know and what they're able to do.
Old 07-07-2021, 05:50 PM
Master
I wish I took this mediumship up 20-years ago I do now
I know I can't change the past I can't in the future what I need to do

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-07-2021, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream jo
I wish I took this mediumship up 20-years ago I do now
I know I can't change the past I can't in the future what I need to do

There's no point crying over spilled milk and now you should look to the future.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:28 AM
Knower

Can you not obtain psychic information through mediumship? I've seen it often in public readings where predictions are relayed from the other side.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:38 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SapphireBlue
Can you not obtain psychic information through mediumship? I've seen it often in public readings where predictions are relayed from the other side.

Mediumship provides various things, information of identity - 'evidential mediumship' - and healing being two very important ones.

What do you mean by 'psychic information'? If you mean information gleaned from an attendee by psychic reading of them then that isn't mediumship.

Predictions are definitely not - in the UK - an acceptable part of mediumship and information coming from spirit sources should not be considered a reliable prediction of the future.
Old 08-07-2021, 07:45 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjob
Mediumship provides various things, information of identity - 'evidential mediumship' - and healing being two very important ones.

What do you mean by 'psychic information'? If you mean information gleaned from an attendee by psychic reading of them then that isn't mediumship.

Predictions are definitely not - in the UK - an acceptable part of mediumship and information coming from spirit sources should not be considered a reliable prediction of the future.

'Psychic information' as in personal predictions that are relayed to the person such as events in their near future. The info is not gleaned as the Medium is relaying what is being said/communicated to them.