Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-05-2023, 12:24 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
Journeyman, if you go to a metaphysical fair, like the “Celebration Fair” which is held in Colorado twice yearly, it is also held in other States, you will find all sorts of spiritually oriented people, mediums, psychics, lecturers, etc. Of course they will all change you a fee.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-05-2023 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 15-05-2023, 12:25 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBlue
You just know don't you that mediums in many cases are genuine.
Before I moved I went to a local one every 6 months for a "one to one " reading.
I can promise she was genuine.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 15-05-2023 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 15-05-2023, 12:26 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
Journeyman,i started off by going to Spiritualist churches then through word of mouth,(You have to be careful,there's a lot of fake mediums around),They told me things that nobody else would have known.One Medium even came up with names and even mentioned my Mother's name!
Thanks for sharing this.
Old 15-05-2023, 12:29 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by entenmanns
The University of Virginia has been studying reincarnation and past life regression since the 1950's by Ian Stevenson M.D. and Jim Tucker M.D. and has a boat load of interesting data pertaining to this very subject . the man who invented the ink cartridge for the xerox copy machine donated 1 mil. to the University of Virginia in the late 50's to study this subject! so ive been told.

Dr. Bruce Greyson is also at that University he has studied Near death experiences for years he is an amazing man to here plenty of you tube videos out there. Also he spoke at a U.S. Senate hearing on this subject it was very good And worth a listen. to me this is science doing studies with documented data to see and hold in your hand
I will look into this, thanks. There is also the asertions of a famous brain surgeon that had an nde, Dr. Eben Alexander. For him it was life changing.
Old 15-05-2023, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman
There is also the assertions of a famous brain surgeon that had an nde, Dr. Eben Alexander.
Assertion? I so do not call it or think it's an assertion?
I don't know how anyone cold think he isn't the real deal.
I've heard every interview and lecture he's given ... all better than his boring book.

*Reminder: Admin wants us all to just quote 3 sentences tops when quoting others, thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto
Blimey! I'll be 2/3rds methane once I've shuffled off this planet then!
At your core you will always be exactly what you are right now. Although in a realm where “methane” is prevalent, your body or covering will also contain methane, but most likely they will not call it methane there. They may not call it anything at all except for existence in that realm. What we call things here are not how they are known there in the afterlife.
Old 15-05-2023, 08:02 AM
Master

It is difficult to retain the knowledge received from a transcendent experience because our brains can not contain it, it is beyond three dimensions and the laws of physics which apply here do not apply there.

Its like being high on something and you perceive a great truth, and you write that truth down on paper, and then after coming down off of that high you read what you have written down and it makes no sense at all to you, although while you were high it made perfect sense.

It is a different dimension of being far removed from this three dimensional physical world. It feels more real then this physical world because you have shed your physical body and your senses are raw and unfiltered.

But the beauty and landscape can be awesome, more so then anything experienced here on Earth. There is an unparallel clarity and vividness in sight when seeing without human eyes. At least this has been my experience.
Old 15-05-2023, 08:20 AM
Master

That is true. It also changes one forever in some odd way, and you can’t go back - well you can, with some pain I guess.
Old 15-05-2023, 10:45 AM
Master

The experience is so impact filled that it does permanently transform you, and as much as a person may try to go back to their previous Earthly way of seeing things, there is something inside that will not let you. That something is part of the transformation.

And yes, it can be painful to deny your deeper being after having that greater experience. My deeper being will not allow me to do the things I used to do. But at the same time it guides and protects me on my Earthly journey, in ways that I never realized before having a transcendent experience.
Old 15-05-2023, 01:51 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman

In a way it's a bit disconcerting a little because of that scene, I at times think, just as a painting is just pigment, are humans, just flesh and blood just a sum of our biological functions?

I definitely appreciate all the feedback given here at this thread, but is there any path one can recommend I could embark on, or a vision quest to help me realize that there is something beyond our physical life? A simple leap of faith is not doing it for me.
Why would just flesh and blood want to know if there is something beyond flesh and blood?